Hi, does anyone have any clues about finding estates to import coffee beans from, to the UK?

Hi Phil

Assume you are looking for estates which have no representation in the UK?

A number of UK roasters have direct trade agreements but have usually been to origin or have been introduced through their buyers.

Do you have any ideas of quantities and region at this stage?

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hi, not sure yet - wondering if worth importing or buying beans from wholesaler in the uk so wanted to compare quality/cost..

Hi, not sure yet - wondering if worth importing or buying beans from wholesaler in the uk so wanted to compare quality/cost..

Are you thinking of creating a private label brand ? - that would be cool if you are, there is a company in the USA that does that, then smaller wholesalers/distributors pay to rebrand with their own labels - I want my own brand of coffee beans to sell too! :p

Zara's Coffee Venues medium roast...

Zara, there are a number of roasters willing to whitelabel their coffees. At the end of the day, as long as they sell they may not mind too much about what name is on the label (as long as it is not offensive)

Many cafes do this in conjunction with their roaster, packaging up the blend they sell.

I would like to roast myself really, but that depends if I can get coffee from roaster which is excellent quality and priced reasonably then to start with would want to purchase from these companies..

Does anyone have any recommendations, or people to speak to about it?

Cheers

Zara, there are a number of roasters willing to whitelabel their coffees. At the end of the day, as long as they sell they may not mind too much about what name is on the label (as long as it is not offensive)

Many cafes do this in conjunction with their roaster, packaging up the blend they sell.

Ahh interesting, I will have to look into that then, I 've heard of it done with cosmetics/soap/bubblebath etc. didn't realize that option had got here yet :-)

I would like to roast myself really, but that depends if I can get coffee from roaster which is excellent quality and priced reasonably then to start with would want to purchase from these companies..

Cheers

I 'd just pop an e-mail to a person that does imports myself - tell them you are interested in importing coffee and you'd heard from someone in your business network that they were the person/company to talk to about it for example if I personally wanted to know I'd probably drop these people an e-mail:

http://www.wogancoffee.co.uk/

Why ? - they are a Bristol based company that I saw advertising a job for a coffee sales person in connection with their import business - and I thought - that sounds like quite an interesting job and it's just up the road from me in Bristol - so I took a look around their website, and testimonials etc which include a cafe in Bristol http://www.cafe-dujour.co.uk/

Their website was basic but it supplied all the information I needed to remember them and what they do - should anyone be looking for a service or job like that.

So that would be my answer - ask a small business person that does a similar thing already - they can either offer some useful advice or not, either way you will know one coffee bean importer more to recommend to others or not.

Let me know how you get on, if you speak with them as I'll know if to keep them on my website then too :drink:

Hi Glen, I'm having trouble finding any information on white labelled coffee - or rather I've found one (karas coffee) I'd have to buy 10 cases of it at £360 - which is way too expensive - do you have any recommendations of where to look / who to talk to ? Maybe they don't call it white label or private label :confused:

Update: - I will probably buy from the States until the UK catches up. Boo!

Edited by coffee2u

Hi Zara

Will drop a few recommendations into your PM box

Regards

Glenn

cheers I got them, I also found a load of others shortly after having my hissy fit, always the way :-)

I'm just working on a label now, my idea is really just to test out some own brand ideas, maybe sell some via eBay to locals - I thought about making the first brand a 'local' one "Weston-super-Mocha" after our brown sea down here!

ask2.jpg

I have two images and I can't decide which to use - this is just a first draft but what do you think ? - the title "weston-super-mocha" - is a pun on the name of the town - Weston-super-Mare / and the "brown colored" sea (mud deposits from the nearby Bristol channel)

The lady with the parasol - is looking at things from a Victorian/Edwardian angle when towns like Weston were built for the rich to bath in the mud, retreat from the cities.

The coffee cup is a direct connection mocha = coffee.

ask1.jpg

Hi, does anyone have any clues about finding estates to import coffee beans from, to the UK?

Hi Phil

I am a coffee grower in India. If you are interested please do let me know. We can discuss this in detail.

Thanks

Denzil

hi phil,

i know this reply is coming from me after 2 yrs!! mainly because i saw it today!!! well..if ur still interested in finding coffee estates..please do let me know..because my family owns coffee plantations back in india which gets exported to other countries in Europe.

I am currently living in Antigua, Guatemala and am trying to form better relationships with some of the coffee fincas here.

If you're still interested I could act as a middle man for you as it would help me i.e. give me some leverage as I'll be looking to buy rather than pitching for a future idea.

drop me a PM if you're still interested (or anyone else). I'll do what I can to help.

i do,i came from malawi and our coffee is one of the best in africa,unfortunately malawi is still undeveloped thats why most people havent heard of it.it smooth,taste nice and has a wonderful smell.i join the forum to see if i can find people willing to buy it if i bring here in UK.I can even bring u samples u u wanna try it before making an order.if interested or knows anyone who might be interested buying it u can email me my addresss is [email protected].u can research about malawi coffee or read this link for yourself

http://www.mzuzucoffee.org/index.php/7-main/36-mzuzu-tops-list-in-japan

i do,i came from malawi and our coffee is one of the best in africa,unfortunately malawi is still undeveloped thats why most people havent heard of it.it smooth,taste nice and has a wonderful smell.i join the forum to see if i can find people willing to buy it if i bring here in UK.I can even bring u samples u u wanna try it before making an order.if interested or knows anyone who might be interested buying it u can email me my addresss is [email protected].u can research about malawi coffee or read this link for yourself

http://www.mzuzucoffee.org/index.php/7-main/36-mzuzu-tops-list-in-japan

i can get u cheap coffee from malawi,its one of the best u can do yr own research or i can give you samples to try them out,plus malawi kwacha has just been devalued by 47.9% last week which makes it a desirable country to import goods from.the GB pound has gone up from 270 to 430kwacha.if interested email me [email protected]

hi phil,

i know this reply is coming from me after 2 yrs!! mainly because i saw it today!!! well..if ur still interested in finding coffee estates..please do let me know..because my family owns coffee plantations back in india which gets exported to other countries in Europe.

I would be interested as I am setting up a new firm to supply to high end retailers, however we are still finalizing who our supplier will be. If this interests you please contact me at [email protected]

dear sir,

sorry for late to give inform, cause i just read the post.

when you still need estate i can give reference in Bali Island, Indonesia. and the variety of the coffee bean is arabica & robusta.

Help please,

I would like to start a business selling coffee online. I will be importing green coffee from Africa and I am looking for roasters and packaging companies that can help me with the roasting&Packaging. Any suggestions, please, of good and competitive companies?Thank you in advance for your help.

Cheers

Hi,

my name is Ben. I am originally from Uganda and I am also interested in importing Ugandan coffee. It is very good quality coffee accepted world wide. If you're interested we can work something out and get some samples in to test for quality, who knows, it could kick start something good.

please don't hesitate to cantact me for any questions. My email is [email protected]

Cheers.

Hi,

my name is Ben. I am originally from Uganda and I am also interested in importing Ugandan coffee. It is very good quality coffee accepted world wide. If you're interested we can work something out and get some samples in to test for quality, who knows, it could kick start something good.

please don't hesitate to cantact me for any questions. My email is [email protected]

Cheers.

Robusta beans??

Twitter @Froggystyle

Cheers

Hi Glen, I'm having trouble finding any information on white labelled coffee - or rather I've found one (karas coffee) I'd have to buy 10 cases of it at £360 - which is way too expensive - do you have any recommendations of where to look / who to talk to ? Maybe they don't call it white label or private label :confused:

Update: - I will probably buy from the States until the UK catches up. Boo!

If you want to try African coffee, I am also interested in entering the coffee importing business. I can get good coffee from East Africa where I am originally from. I am currently looking for people I can supply. My email is [email protected]. I am based in the North East of England at the moment.

cheers.