9 hours ago, smokeybarn said:

I was interested in this so I gave it a quick google, wow... super expensive beans! Are they as impressive as the price tag?  

Tbh no. I have tried tastier Geshas. I have a Slurp rare subscription all roasted by Alexander Ruas. He roast a lot of competition coffees.

Really nice beans.

Biggest problem is that when you have beans on this price range it hurts to dial in. 😂

And you only got 100 grams to play with.

Edited by Kimmo
  • Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A letter to say I don't have prostate cancer. Priceless. 

It’s here 🥳

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Tbh no. I have tried tastier Geshas. I have a Slurp rare subscription all roasted by Alexander Ruas. He roast a lot of competition coffees.

Really nice beans.

Biggest problem is that when you have beans on this price range it hurts to dial in. 😂

And you only got 100 grams to play with.

Any beans in particular that you'd recommend trying? Don't think I can comprehend £15/100g though😅 

Edited by smokeybarn

By postie... I drove to the outskirts of York... La Pavoni Europiccola. It's only been what 3 years I've been countering about buying one! Now to get all the bits I need! 

IMG_20201118_105648.jpg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, smokeybarn said:

Any beans in particular that you'd recommend trying? Don't think I can comprehend £15/100g though😅 

UK roasters is a dark spot for me I started trying some and decided to wait until the Brexit and see how things will be sorted out.

My favourite roasters in Europe are The Barn, La Cabra and Gardelli. Check out their websites.

I will be doing more testing next year.

I got a bigger batch coming from Euphoria coffee Johannesburg. Warren is new on international shipping and the shipping price is higher. It will go down when he gets the international orders up. No website at the moment 

ONA which like a lot has made some smart moves during the pandemic and lowered their international shipping. Au$ is low at the moment and that gives advantage for us in Europe.

I made a test order for only one bag to see how the shipping from Australia works and it took 7 days with DHL.

Best Gesha I have tried comes from ONA.

Edited by Kimmo
  • Thanks 1
On 16/11/2020 at 23:23, Joe shorrock said:

New ceramic cup from honua pottery in Scotland, Katie makes some stunning stuff, have a thing for ceramics, you know this if you’ve seen my Instagram, this one is 220ml, galaxy thumb cup

6DF84C79-EC3D-4DE4-8EA4-792A216D9BE7.jpeg

Seriously cool cup!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Few bits arrived today... Oscar 2 opv kit from Elektro’s, ims single and double baskets, ims shower screen abs bottomless portafilter ! 

great service from Elektro’s must say and so easy to fit the OPV following their instruction video. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, smokeybarn said:

..............................................The Yemen from Gardelli? 😦 

Yemenia comes from Euphoria.

I have been eyeballing the Gardelli one, might order that in December. It ain't cheap.

On 18/11/2020 at 21:03, smokeybarn said:

Ahh okay. It really really isn't cheap!

I couldn't find any Geisha on ONA, I guess it's discontinued? 

I was one of the reserve espressos two months ago ish. They change those pretty often. 

• Like 1

I find myself in a nice position with my Colonna subscription. This month's Rare offering is a Panama Gesha and I was also sent a free 60g sample of the Limited Release Rare beans... Also a Gesha. The Limited Release is a Colombian. Looking forward to trying both!

PXL_20201119_195242587.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2