20 hours ago, Kimmo said:

I got a seriously interesting box incoming next week. Yemenia from the last Qima auction

..............................................The Yemen from Gardelli? 😦 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What rudeness. Will you all just stop it.   This is What Did The Postie Bring You - he brought beans, in bags. The place to discuss the contents is either under the roasters own thread if they ha

A letter to say I don't have prostate cancer. Priceless. 

It’s here 🥳

Posted Images

Few bits arrived today... Oscar 2 opv kit from Elektro’s, ims single and double baskets, ims shower screen abs bottomless portafilter ! 

great service from Elektro’s must say and so easy to fit the OPV following their instruction video. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, smokeybarn said:

..............................................The Yemen from Gardelli? 😦 

Yemenia comes from Euphoria.

I have been eyeballing the Gardelli one, might order that in December. It ain't cheap.

ECM Synhcronika & Niche Zero

4 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Yemenia comes from Euphoria.

I have been eyeballing the Gardelli one, might order that in December. It ain't cheap.

Ahh okay. It really really isn't cheap!

I couldn't find any Geisha on ONA, I guess it's discontinued? 

A little box from @coffeechap containing a bong isolator and PPK for my La Pavoni Pro. An hour later and it's all installed. Gamechanging setup and makes the whole machine so much easier to deal with.

IMG_8442.thumb.jpeg.71bc7c6ab03e0d05ab24deec78773028.jpeg

IMG_8445.thumb.jpeg.01f00e8ab2adbb20ba4628d2af914e9c.jpeg

• Like 5

Aeropress, Mocha Pot, V60, Oomph!, La Pavoni Pro

Zassenhaus, Rhino, 1zpresso JX-Pro, Niche Zero.

On 18/11/2020 at 21:03, smokeybarn said:

Ahh okay. It really really isn't cheap!

I couldn't find any Geisha on ONA, I guess it's discontinued? 

I was one of the reserve espressos two months ago ish. They change those pretty often. 

• Like 1

ECM Synhcronika & Niche Zero

I find myself in a nice position with my Colonna subscription. This month's Rare offering is a Panama Gesha and I was also sent a free 60g sample of the Limited Release Rare beans... Also a Gesha. The Limited Release is a Colombian. Looking forward to trying both!

PXL_20201119_195242587.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 2

Espresso - Sage DB. Niche Zero.

Brewed - Lido E. Aeropress. v60. CCD. French Press

A Sage DTP. The steam wand is broken and I know sage isn't fantastic but it was such a bargain and it's nice to finally have an espresso machine. I pulled 2 test shots with my LSOL from Vagabond which need some work but were still decent straight out of the box.

IMG_20201119_202011.jpg

• Like 1

Sage DTP, Flair Signature, Kinu M47p, ROK GrinderGC

Something new to try..

Chai syrup from @Crownandcanvas

I will try it with coffee, but I am super keen to try it in chocolate ( am making some chocolates for stockings and currently trying different flavourings)

PURE...

The best bit, is that it has no preservatives or fillers, or stabilisers or emulsifiers , you get the gist, it is simply pure sugar , spices and water.

Flavour...

I tried a bit neat so I could get an idea of the strength and spice ratios, and it is surprisingly mellow..I make my own chai spices, never thought to make a syrup, but my spice mix is, well, spicey, sometimes way too much fire, am often heavy handed on ginger and cinnamon myself, but this syrup is mellow yet all the notes are there so not muted in any way, but soothing is the best way I can describe it, so I think I will be adding it to something that just melts in the mouth, rather than a crunch or chew, I am really going to enjoy experimenting with this👍

PXL_20201119_203812301.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know nothing 😜

1 hour ago, Catlady101 said:

Something new to try..

Chai syrup from @Crownandcanvas

I will try it with coffee, but I am super keen to try it in chocolate ( am making some chocolates for stockings and currently trying different flavourings)

PURE...

The best bit, is that it has no preservatives or fillers, or stabilisers or emulsifiers , you get the gist, it is simply pure sugar , spices and water.

Flavour...

I tried a bit neat so I could get an idea of the strength and spice ratios, and it is surprisingly mellow..I make my own chai spices, never thought to make a syrup, but my spice mix is, well, spicey, sometimes way too much fire, am often heavy handed on ginger and cinnamon myself, but this syrup is mellow yet all the notes are there so not muted in any way, but soothing is the best way I can describe it, so I think I will be adding it to something that just melts in the mouth, rather than a crunch or chew, I am really going to enjoy experimenting with this👍

PXL_20201119_203812301.jpg

I'm so glad this turned up in one piece! - I served 20ml of this with some steamed milk to a customer over the weekend who didnt drink coffee and they described it as a 'Hug in a cup' which summed it up perfectly for me!

Also if you're into your baking, Henny & Joes post some great recipes on their website which this can be used in, I think I'm going to have to try the apple crumble/strudel at some point towards Christmas!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

www.crownandcanvas.co.uk  // Staffordshire - UK

Banner.png

4 hours ago, Crownandcanvas said:

I think I'm going to have to try the apple crumble/strudel at some point towards Christmas!

Thank-you for this - I think I will try the chai tea loaf but vegan (vegan egg) and gluten free flour ( and dates instead of raisins and sultanas..erm..starting to sound like triggers broom!) - I make a banana vegan loaf like this and maybe the chai will work with that too??

I am a bit confused about the chai apple crumble pie - the recipe is definitely a crumble but the picture is of a tart tatin ? I am rather tired so maybe I am missing the point somewhere right now, but my neighbour loves apple crumble so will definitely need to try this out.

SO many choices😁

The bottle was definitely in one piece, it was wrapped really really well.

Edited by Catlady101
  • Like 1

I know nothing 😜

6 minutes ago, Cuprajake said:

Filter holder 

IMG_20201120_174606_780.jpg

I didn't know I needed a filter holder until I bought one. Much, much nicer than slinging them in a cupboard!

• Like 2

Decent DE1XL ++ Niche Zero ++ Aeropress ++ V60

Coffee by the Casuals

New ceramic cup from honua pottery in Scotland, Katie makes some stunning stuff, have a thing for ceramics, you know this if you’ve seen my Instagram, this one is 220ml, galaxy thumb cup
6DF84C79-EC3D-4DE4-8EA4-792A216D9BE7.thumb.jpeg.5ed7d82f8d28b11c1bd1e2db82a2a91e.jpeg

Lovely. None in stock though . Reminds me of Nothern Lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Wha burst the ba said:

Yeah mate cup was based on that I believe, try ingenious gifts, honua pottery sell through that aswell, she does a lot of one off pieces tbf 

• Like 1

BE - White niche - V60 - Joey custom tamper - WPM - Acaia lunar 

Another early Niche December delivery, over the moon! My 58.4mm tamper came the same day after being delayed for weeks, good timing!

Now i can get the most out of my Lelit Elizabeth that I've had for a few months, the real journey starts here!

Need a leveller/distribution tool next, will improvise for now 🤓

Next step is to discover new local roasters, and a decaff bean, although quite like the Sainsburys Fair Trade Columbian Decaff. 😈

20201121_133941.thumb.jpg.ce1bd695cef83894250c8e5fcde7300e.jpg

• Like 5
23 minutes ago, allyburns said:

Another early Niche December delivery, over the moon! My 58.4mm tamper came the same day after being delayed for weeks, good timing!

Now i can get the most out of my Lelit Elizabeth that I've had for a few months, the real journey starts here!

Need a leveller/distribution tool next, will improvise for now 🤓

Next step is to discover new local roasters, and a decaff bean, although quite like the Sainsburys Fair Trade Columbian Decaff. 😈

20201121_133941.thumb.jpg.ce1bd695cef83894250c8e5fcde7300e.jpg

Excellent! Just an observation: it’s best not to leave the PF fully engaged when the machine is not in use. Doing so will shorten the life of the get out gasket.

I don’t know about you, but I find my steam wand drips now and again, because I don’t tend to screw the steam tap too tight. Mine rests over the drip tray.

Of course this could’ve been just for the photo, in which case you can ignore all of the above apart from the first word. 👍

The journey begins properly now. Only serious business from now on. 😂

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

On 20/08/2020 at 14:49, Cooffe said:

Something for the home bakers

IMG_20200820_144803.jpg

@Cooffe @Stevebee 

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but could anyone recommend a reliable route to acquiring an Ankarsrum, please? Thanks.

Profitec Pro 600, Niche Zero, 1Zpresso JX Pro, Osmio Zero

If I could think of something witty and original to put in my signature, this is where it would be . . .

Today I got my Low profile drip tray for my Classic, direct from @MrShades in a fetching red (because black sold out). Finally I have the same room below the brew group on my Classic as I have on my Baby! I can fit a shot pitcher and scale under a spouted portafilter!

• Like 1

Gear:

Gaggia Classic 2001, Gaggia Baby 2001, Gaggia Color 2007, Delonghi Dedica, Marcfi badged Compak K6 2004

Sent from my grinder using smoke signals. 2001, a coffee odyssey...

2 hours ago, Ozzyjohn said:

@Cooffe @Stevebee 

Apologies for resurrecting an old post, but could anyone recommend a reliable route to acquiring an Ankarsrum, please? Thanks.

I got mine through ankarsrum website. PM me and I'll send you the link.

• Like 1