• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What rudeness. Will you all just stop it.   This is What Did The Postie Bring You - he brought beans, in bags. The place to discuss the contents is either under the roasters own thread if they ha

It’s here 🥳

A letter to say I don't have prostate cancer. Priceless. 

Posted Images

Flair signature espresso maker and royal grinder...IMG_20200921_204238094.thumb.jpg.23b512d3592f3be48444b71f072757de.jpg

Two shots in with a new coffee at the roughly recommended grind setting. The first went ok, pressure, time and taste were somewhere in the ballpark. So a bit of dialing in for the second, slightly finer grind setting, slightly harder tamp and it tasted......worse. Definitely and significantly worse.

• Like 3

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero, OCD, Felicita Arc scales

A pretty Decent portafilter stand for the Niche. 👍

5FFB7273-7B1C-4973-9FA4-8A90D720414C.jpeg

• Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

4 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

A pretty Decent portafilter stand for the Niche. 👍

5FFB7273-7B1C-4973-9FA4-8A90D720414C.jpeg

You got in just before me! Let me know if you feel it improves your workflow, please? I’ll likely order one myself shortly, so it would be useful to know! Ta!

www.coffeebythecasuals.com - Discount Code: CFUK

Twitter: @casualscoffee

Instagram: @casuals_coffee

Beans for the world's largest cupping next month!

Look forward to seeing some of you there 👍😆

IMG_20200922_104411241.jpg

• Like 5

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Just now, Coffee by the Casuals said:

You got in just before me! Let me know if you feel it improves your workflow, please? I’ll likely order one myself shortly, so it would be useful to know! Ta!

I used already. It’s one of those things which just make your workflow better, as you can leave the Niche doing its thing without you having to hold the PF under the spout. I prefer that to dosing into the cup. 

if you order one, make sure you also have a 3cm / 3.5cm tall funnel. Mine was made by @Nicknak.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

3 minutes ago, Jon_Foster said:

Beans for the world's largest cupping next month!

Look forward to seeing some of you there 👍😆

IMG_20200922_104411241.jpg

Same here 😊

IMG_20200922_101918.jpg

• Like 3

Lelit MaraX, Niche Zero, MBK Feldgrind, Gene Cafe 101, several brewers... 

3 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I used already. It’s one of those things which just make your workflow better, as you can leave the Niche doing its thing without you having to hold the PF under the spout. I prefer that to dosing into the cup. 

if you order one, make sure you also have a 3cm / 3.5cm tall funnel. Mine was made by @Nicknak.

Looks like I could have left it at 35mm 🙈...😂😂😂 .. I take it with Decent stand you don’t have to lift the PF too high to get it out of the stand , which is good .. 

1 minute ago, Nicknak said:

Looks like I could have left it at 35mm 🙈...😂😂😂 .. I take it with Decent stand you don’t have to lift the PF too high to get it out of the stand , which is good .. 

correct! Sorry! 😂👍

• Haha 1

Postie (yesterday..Tapatalk no worky) brought me a nice BRAND NEW Mazzer Major for £400 ...yes that's right £400 !! ...black as well to match the rest of the kitchen appliances....keeps SWMBO happy, which means i live a little longer 😃

20200921_160436.jpg

20200921_161200.jpg

20200921_161550.jpg

20200921_161906.jpg

20200921_162707.jpg

20200921_164545.jpg

• Like 5

Growly Mexican :-  "Equipment List ? ....we don't need no stinkin Equipment List"

If I’ve done my job right, and if the Royal Mail has been kind to me, then this thread should be a flood of yellow in the next couple of hours...

Top marks for anybody who can beat this artistic (low) effort FFD6202C-F06E-4707-A516-B836F665AEBE.thumb.jpeg.2e838e6205b0922ca73cb216a37c4600.jpeg

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Coffee by the Casuals said:

If I’ve done my job right, and if the Royal Mail has been kind to me, then this thread should be a flood of yellow in the next couple of hours...

Top marks for anybody who can beat this artistic (low) effort FFD6202C-F06E-4707-A516-B836F665AEBE.thumb.jpeg.2e838e6205b0922ca73cb216a37c4600.jpeg

I'll go first if you want. Thanks @Coffee by the Casuals 😊

Just Brewing up a v60 with the Kenyan as we speak... 

IMG_20200923_101007.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jaffro said:

I'll go first if you want. Thanks @Coffee by the Casuals 😊

Just Brewing up a v60 with the Kenyan as we speak... 

IMG_20200923_101007.jpg

Boom! Perfect! I’ve said a few times, I love the Kenyan. The last two weeks for me have been @BlackCatCoffee LSOL espresso and our Kenyan on V60.

3 minutes ago, Coffee by the Casuals said:

Boom! Perfect! I’ve said a few times, I love the Kenyan. The last two weeks for me have been @BlackCatCoffee LSOL espresso and our Kenyan on V60.

Yeah the LSOL beans have been amazing for espresso. Shame I'm down to my last shot! All my other well-rested beans at the moment are absolute fruit bombs, which is great but fancy a switch up haha. 

This Kenya is an absolute banger as a v60, loving it! Maybe I'll try the Ethiopia later... 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jaffro said:

Yeah the LSOL beans have been amazing for espresso. Shame I'm down to my last shot! All my other well-rested beans at the moment are absolute fruit bombs, which is great but fancy a switch up haha. 

This Kenya is an absolute banger as a v60, loving it! Maybe I'll try the Ethiopia later... 

Ah I’m delighted! I might have to try and secure some more because I’m going to be sad when the last bag disappears. Thankfully we have a little while before that happens! Thanks so much for sharing 

Kind FedEx man delivered a worthy companion for the Niche at last... tonight might be a late one 😬

(The wood on the Niche will be looking significantly more “walnuty” quite soon!)

A8B1B317-C988-48E6-A17D-04693B0F42A3.jpeg

Edited by MattF&W
  • Like 4
12 minutes ago, MattF&W said:

Kind FedEx man delivered a worthy companion for the Niche at last... tonight might be a late one 😬

(The wood on the Niche will be looking significantly more “walnuty” quite soon!)

A8B1B317-C988-48E6-A17D-04693B0F42A3.jpeg

Same set up as me. Enjoy 😊

• Like 1

Lelit Bianca, Niche Zero, OCD, Felicita Arc scales

6 hours ago, Coffee by the Casuals said:

Top marks for your speedy delivery 😁 😁 thank you VERY much 😁 😁 

BD841F6C-664B-43E2-A75D-2C6E6794FD9F.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not particularly artistic but, here is my little trickle in the flood of yellow....

1800259739_IMG_2466copy.thumb.jpeg.7d00153dcc5411b13ad4108206860655.jpeg

Many thanks for the speedy delivery and the Swizzels ! 

The beans will needs resting for a few days but, the Swizzles Fizzers appeared to be fully de-gassed.......so I've eaten them already.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Londinium - R24, Monolith MAX, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

1 hour ago, Snakehips said:

the Swizzles Fizzers appeared to be fully de-gassed.......so I've eaten them already.

I could not see a roasting date on mine, and then they disappeared, so err i think the cat ate them. 😺

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Snakehips said:

the Swizzles Fizzers appeared to be fully de-gassed.......so I've eaten them already.

Should have frozen them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
   /\_/\ .。oO(Vesuvius, Niche Zero, V60)
   >^.^<.---.
  _'-`-'     )\
 (--\ |--\ (`.`-.
     --'  --'  ``-'
3 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Should have frozen them 

Doh!  I was transported back to being a 7 year old and I just didn't think.  🤪

It's just a pity the Casuals didn't throw in a copy of the Beano or the Dandy?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Londinium - R24, Monolith MAX, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels