18 hours ago, Jony said:

Well to tell you the truth its spot on and I moan,haha V60 and espresso I am on Lever profile 10 on niche 17, 32 out 94

I've copied you today :classic_ninja: 14.8 > 28g, took a couple shots to get the grind right, and getting a very similar shot to yesterday except with a different body and mellower acidity. Very pleasant (our Niche's must be very different as I'm on 11.5 with a 15g basket!). Not a bean I'd have readily gone < 1:2 with so thanks for the pointer.

Edited by catpuccino
  • Haha 1

Vesuvius + Niche Zero // V60 + MBK Aerspeed

18  VST for  me, no worries to tell you the been using lever profile for the last few weeks most have been very good.

What's so funny @NikonGuy

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Ordered maybe a bit too much whilst was on hols in wales and missing decent coffee

20200221_165932-2016x1512.jpg

• Like 2

Ordered maybe a bit too much whilst was on hols in wales and missing decent coffee

20200221_165932-2016x1512.thumb.jpg.979411b3992ba4485e1c2096debca56a.jpg

The seasonal decaf is top class... Seriously...

As soon as you grind it you will be smacked in the face with 'plumb sauce', sorry I hate tasting notes and all that but this is a note you cannot miss with this bean.

I'm kind of fed up of signature did really enjoy the suarez in comparison to it.

• Like 1

Not by postie but my formula 6 blend came from JG today (via my mum who now has made friends with the wife of Mr James)

Very impressed! Chocolatey smooth with a boozy finish. 

Sage Barista Pro - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

When I'm on coach duty for the first few hours

IMG_20200223_170751.jpg

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

On 22/02/2020 at 21:11, HowardSmith said:

The seasonal decaf is top class... Seriously...

As soon as you grind it you will be smacked in the face with 'plumb sauce', sorry I hate tasting notes and all that but this is a note you cannot miss with this bean.

I'm kind of fed up of signature did really enjoy the suarez in comparison to it.

Betting this is the same as the james gourmet pitalito decaf bag next to it above in my picture. Smells, looks, grinds and tastes the same, says it on the label too ? but tasting notes a little different. Good thing as i have been really enjoying this one.

Side by side i think the james gourmet el carmen pitalito is a touch more rich smelling and flavourful. 

99abf986248430381b8ff2208a0ffce1.jpg well that’s was quick. Now just have to wait till 6 before I can leave work to set it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Apologies for being a bit off topic, this is more of 'what the postie will bring tomorrow' to a few happy forum roasters! (Subject to all the usual hassles!)

The sack in the foreground I hope is going to be particularly interesting. It is an uncommon natural processed Kenyan.

It is single origin bean, called "Blue Mountain" and should not to be confused with the DR Wakefield blend of a similar name. This 'Blue Mountain' had origins in Kenya, was sent to Jamaica (hence the name) developed,  and following its success was returned (full circle!) to Kenya to be grown under conditions that mimicked those in Jamaica. 

A challenging roast to do it justice. 

20200227_062736_resized.jpg

• Like 6

Another kilo of this, we enjoyed the last very much

20200227_140100.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

New toy

image.jpeg.0b17efcb7ff7f0a812662bdeb1c9d0ec.jpeg

would have been nice if Redber had thrown in a free bag of beans to make up for their cock up, but I'll get over my disappointment! (They initially sent me a tamper mat by mistake instead of the tamper so now I have to package that and take it to the post office to send it back)

Gaggia Classic (2006), Eureka Mignon MK2

Today he brought me this rather splendid coffee grinds brush

OK - shaving brush

Thanks @joey24dirt looks even better in the flesh - the tuxedo knot was the right choice

IMG_4494.jpg.d19da49e9809dd0256292facbdd71e14.jpg

• Like 5

a grinder a lever and some beans

Been led to believe it's a good grinder, hope you enjoy it

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Some beans from cartwheel, feel kinda bad as it's free postage and they sent both bags in separate boxes, almost feels like stealing (unless the beans are rubbish!) 

IMG_20200227_171639.jpg

Sage DB - Niche - Torr 58.55 sharp edge - Osmio Zero 

Nope cartwheel are ok ordered a few times from them.

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

15 minutes ago, Jony said:

Nope cartwheel are ok ordered a few times from them.

Do they normally ship bags separately?

2 minutes ago, truegrace said:

Do they normally ship bags separately?

I typically order 1kg from Cartwheel but they did ship their 500g LSOL as 2x250g seperately for most of us. I like them!

Edited by catpuccino

Not sure a few members on here always use them, I am sue they answer soon

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Looking forward to cracking in to them, just seems inefficient as I’m sure both bags would of gone in 1 package and would of fit through the letterbox

dpg and hat sub should be here soon as well so plenty of choice in the coming days. May need another airscape!

Today he brought me this rather splendid coffee grinds brush
OK - shaving brush
Thanks @joey24dirt looks even better in the flesh - the tuxedo knot was the right choice

IMG_4494.jpg.d19da49e9809dd0256292facbdd71e14.jpg

Glad it arrived safe. That knot was a beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

44 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

I typically order 1kg from Cartwheel but they did ship their 500g LSOL as 2x250g seperately for most of us. I like them!

Was gonna go for 1kg, but like getting on to a new bag, and so far have no issues dialling in with the niche so don't waste much of a 250 bag! 

3 minutes ago, truegrace said:

Was gonna go for 1kg, but like getting on to a new bag, and so far have no issues dialling in with the niche so don't waste much of a 250 bag! 

Buying a vac pac is best thing I've done for my buying habits, order 1kg, split into 4 x 250g portions, put 3 in the freezer. Let's us rotate beans often while taking advantage of the volume saving and it's also nice having a "known" bean in the freezer for when guests come etc. 

Just now, catpuccino said:

Buying a vac pac is best thing I've done for my buying habits, order 1kg, split into 4 x 250g portions, put 3 in the freezer. Let's us rotate beans often while taking advantage of the volume saving and it's also nice having a "known" bean in the freezer for when guests come etc. 

Can vac pac stuff at work (on the sly of course!) so may try this with my next purchase

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, catpuccino said:

Mines a nightmare around 100 grams

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE