2 hours ago, marc1882 said:

Wonderful looking pieces of machinery,if ever you want to sell one of the Peppina's, please let me know

I will be selling  a brown one soon @marc1882

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

25 minutes ago, Fez said:

A nice little order from Hasbean

IMG_20190912_160827.jpg

Ah no “Finger la Fany” beans I see. A wise man.

1 hour ago, Marocchino said:

Supporting local roaster 😊

BC9BB039-006A-42C3-8EFB-7878E9CC01E3.jpeg

Hi there,

I bought some in August whilst visiting family, but was dissapointed to see there isn't a roasting date, so have no idea when it was roasted. Its sitting half used in the cupboard!

J

edit: Mystery 11 from Coffee Compass arrived today.  Can't believe its roasted and posted on the same day!

Edited by JSR

3 minutes ago, JSR said:

Hi there,

I bought some in August whilst visiting family, but was dissapointed to see there isn't a roasting date, so have no idea when it was roasted. Its sitting half used in the cupboard!

J

edit: Mystery 11 from Coffee Compass arrived today.  Can't believe its roasted and posted on the same day!

I ring the guy up, he logs his roasting dates and can tell you from the code on the pack. He roasts to order.

43 minutes ago, Cooffe said:

Ah no “Finger la Fany” beans I see. A wise man.

😂😂 I thought of you when I was ordering. But no, I chose on what I thought I may enjoy not what sounded hilarious 

• Like 1

LR, ZM

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

😂😂 I thought of you when I was ordering. But no, I chose on what I thought I may enjoy not what sounded hilarious 

Haha! I’m glad I was in your thoughts, not for anything useful mind... in all fairness I had the beans a day within roasting. Might crack them open now at the end of the third day... it’s too tempting!

A nice package from Francesco. Parts for La Peppina (new seal for the base, new set of gaskets, new better made bigger basket, new screws). Cleaned machine, put all new in, used silicone lube and did the test. Works like a charm, and I can up the dose cause of the basket up to 15 g in and 40-42g out, this is fantastic. The most visible improvement is the piston o-ring hold the water in, no more leaks so before I was pushing 30-32g out max, now I can push 40-44g out and I did a pressure test and it holds pressure for 3-5 mins no problem.

IMG-20190912-WA0051.jpeg

IMG-20190912-WA0047.jpeg

IMG-20190912-WA0028.jpeg

Edited by Zwanger
  • Like 2

Sorry @marc1882 I don't believe I am going to sell any of them soon. Need to send base to powder coat or to eloxation/anodizing. It took me some time to search for a machine that fits my needs. I would never consider a 1h heating long, big boiler lever machine, because I drink 1 or 2 espresso/day no milk. The water I dump after each use, fresh water always.

PS: Already had Pavoni (to low dose out), Flair (to low temperature for Light roasts long shots), and almost got robot but (to low temp control for 1 minute shots+).

Edited by Zwanger
  • Thanks 1

bfe52a311a561dc6cd90be3fd877b8a5.jpg

From the craftsman Nicknak

These quite simply feel fantastic, and look even better in real life.

db4a80daac83b13147539f6c23edf8c5.jpg

So beautiful in fact, that my wife’s quite happy with these increasing the size of my coffee corner.

4cb3655787728606c7faccef278968d3.jpg

Im sorry but my photos fail to convey the quality of them.

(Portafilters and tampers aren’t included by Nick!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Those are fantastic. Really need to improve my turning skills 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Asgross said:

bfe52a311a561dc6cd90be3fd877b8a5.jpg

From the craftsman Nicknak

These quite simply feel fantastic, and look even better in real life.

db4a80daac83b13147539f6c23edf8c5.jpg

So beautiful in fact, that my wife’s quite happy with these increasing the size of my coffee corner.

4cb3655787728606c7faccef278968d3.jpg

Im sorry but my photos fail to convey the quality of them.

(Portafilters and tampers aren’t included by Nick!)

I hope you don’t have to keep your LR in the garden as well 😂 ..  

• Like 5

A little change not ordered in ages, give them a go.

IMG_20190914_110326.jpg

• Like 1

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

New setup is now ready. Still figuring out the grinder mostly.

bdee5dc560fc16be0b10d7a7d87f5196.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

New setup is now ready. Still figuring out the grinder mostly.

bdee5dc560fc16be0b10d7a7d87f5196.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Any questions re the grinder give me a shout and I’ll try and help, I really enjoyed it when I had one and was markedly better than the old mignon in my opinion.

• Like 1

Any questions re the grinder give me a shout and I’ll try and help, I really enjoyed it when I had one and was markedly better than the old mignon in my opinion.

Thank you so much:) i need a new scale to adjust it better thats my biggest problem now. I ll be asking questions soon probably:)))

5 hours ago, Jony said:

A little change not ordered in ages, give them a go.

IMG_20190914_110326.jpg

My local roasters, that Rwandan natural is a belter 🤩

• Like 1

Good to hear.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Today arrived the mystery 3 from black cat

945614B7-E543-4981-AC4D-B6F121374ED0.jpeg

AKA Toffee chips

Why so many photos of coffee bags without a sample of the coffee within them? It's nice to see the bag but seeing the coffee as well would be nice....Otherwise it's just a bag, perhaps a nice looking one but a bag just the same.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Why so many photos of coffee bags without a sample of the coffee within them? It's nice to see the bag but seeing the coffee as well would be nice....Otherwise it's just a bag, perhaps a nice looking one but a bag just the same.
Well this is the 'What did the Postie bring you today' thread isn't it? Folk may wish to keep freshly ordered beans sealed until they use them...
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hasi said:
5 hours ago, DavecUK said:

Well this is the 'What did the Postie bring you today' thread isn't it? Folk may wish to keep freshly ordered beans sealed until they use them...

Super helpful answer, thanks for that.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Super helpful answer, thanks for that.
same goes mate as your initial complaint did not make sense to me either. But please elaborate! It's just that I strongly doubt they would crack open different bags and post images of the content to do you justice. Don't we have other sections and threads to discuss beans once we are tasting them.
The way I see it, people posting in here just are excited about what they've received earlier that day.
Also, if you wish to let off steam, we even have at least one thread for that as well!
See, even though you don't like forum structure let's stick to it as we cannot change it, anyways.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Hasi said:

same goes mate as your initial complaint did not make sense to me either.

Also, if you wish to let off steam, we even have at least one thread for that as well!
See, even though you don't like forum structure let's stick to it as we cannot change it, anyways.

I accepted your reply as making sense, something I had not thought about of course was people wouldn't open them straight away. Perhaps an area/posts where people can follow up about the beans they got, how they looked, tasted extracted with some photos etc... For me there is some real interest there. I appreciate the photos of the bags and their excitement, it's just a pity it's not taken to that next step where we are actually talking about the coffee inside the bags.

I don't believe I complained?  Don't think I let off steam and I have not complained about forum structure.

as @lake_m said.

It’s a thin line. I’ve written, rewritten, re-read posts and then thought ‘sod it’ and deleted it. Not worth the sh*t storm if it’s misinterpreted. 

Forum etiquette is a skill that should be taught in schools 😆

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted it, I have not posted in a while and this certainly isn't encouraging. I am surprised at your reply especially since the last communication we had was a PM from you asking for my advice, which I freely gave. Perhaps I upset you in some way when I did that?

• Like 1