bemece Digital Kitchen Scale Drip Coffee Scale with Timer, 3 kg/0.1 g Kitchen Food Scale with Tare Function, Batteries Included (Blue) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07D4MVPQB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_L35-CbH4M4K26

There you go. Give them a try and let me know what you think
I've had the same ones for a while now. The only negatives I can think of are:
1. if you forget to stop the timer they don't auto power off. I came back to mine 12 hours later and they were happily counting away, having wrapped around a few times!
2. I can't figure out a way to reset the timer without powering off and on again

Apart from that, the rubber mat is a literal life saver (I killed my previous scales by spilling water on them), they're reasonably accurate as far as I can tell, and although nowhere near as responsive as the top brands, they're also a fraction of the price
  • Like 1

I've had the same ones for a while now. The only negatives I can think of are:
1. if you forget to stop the timer they don't auto power off. I came back to mine 12 hours later and they were happily counting away, having wrapped around a few times!
2. I can't figure out a way to reset the timer without powering off and on again

Apart from that, the rubber mat is a literal life saver (I killed my previous scales by spilling water on them), they're reasonably accurate as far as I can tell, and although nowhere near as responsive as the top brands, they're also a fraction of the price

Haha yes the timer. I’ve done that before. To reset it, just hold the start/stop for a few seconds and it will reset

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Haha yes the timer. I’ve done that before. To reset it, just hold the start/stop for a few seconds and it will reset
*walks over to scales, holds down button*

Huh! Thanks man! Can't believe I didn't try that before.
  • Like 2

Was this by post or in person? If so, how do they refill the tin?

You gotta go down and fill it - they have plastic hoppers you can fill up from. Personally, I don’t like the idea that the beans sit open like that, though.

Good Coffee Cartel in Glasgow do a similar thing with metal tins.

IMG_0487.jpg

Nuova Simonelli Oscar II // Macap MXD //

Nice little package arrived courtesy of@KTD

Looking forward to giving them a whirl

IMG_2143.thumb.jpg.9c266f3dc12f812f7b1ccb865a6d64fc.jpg

Let me know how you get on mate, got the wood, will let you know how it goes!

3 hours ago, fatboyslim said:

Woohoo Steampunk. Those tins look great

Yep, when I took the LSOL discount off the tin was pretty much cost neutral :)

Coffee is pretty sweet (literally) as well.

• Like 2

Enjoying espresso & filter 

This has obviously come to the wrong address . . . 

FFB78312-DA5E-4E2D-A312-3B4C850FC6FC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

This has obviously come to the wrong address . . . 

FFB78312-DA5E-4E2D-A312-3B4C850FC6FC.thumb.jpeg.caae3eb5e600517da565e47a4efa464a.jpeg
Did somebody forget which lever machine they own?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

On 08/06/2019 at 11:45, MinesAbeer said:
On 21/05/2019 at 18:13, joey24dirt said:
Got me some new scales emoji51.png
Also, what the hell is wrong with Tapatalk?!
AB7AF9CF-0157-4731-B212-F081854D69F9.thumb.jpeg.c24eefe5f71003807568683617db2c25.jpeg

Now you've had time to put these to the test how are they working out? Are you still pleased with them, have you noticed anything you might want to change if you could? Marks out of ten for usability, functionality, and anything else you thinks counts. Thanks

My scales turned up today. They're definitely more accurate than the Amir scales I was using..however I've noticed that the scale is a bit skew, a bit hard to capture in a picture.the gap between the top of the scales and the buttons(where the cutout is) is far smaller on the left than the right. Are yours like this too @joey24dirt ?

IMG_20190612_200135.jpg

• Like 1

LR, Niche & a steady stream of beans

Also the postie didnt bring this, but I picked up a lovely desk for Londinium to live on.

Please excuse the mess in the background

IMG_20190612_201007.jpg

• Like 3

12F57A3E-BBBD-4282-B0B3-BE5C931751E3.jpg
Looking forward to this lot!

• Like 2

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

31 minutes ago, jonnycooper29 said:

12F57A3E-BBBD-4282-B0B3-BE5C931751E3.jpg
Looking forward to this lot!

Wow that's quite a collection! Enjoy! 

• Like 1

My scales turned up today. They're definitely more accurate than the Amir scales I was using..however I've noticed that the scale is a bit skew, a bit hard to capture in a picture.the gap between the top of the scales and the buttons(where the cutout is) is far smaller on the left than the right. Are yours like this too @joey24dirt ?
IMG_20190612_200135.thumb.jpg.10e36f70abb577a6f82c7bb12602c8c8.jpg

Hmm no mine are even. Can it twist with a little persuasion?

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Also the postie didnt bring this, but I picked up a lovely desk for Londinium to live on.

Please excuse the mess in the background
IMG_20190612_201007.thumb.jpg.a2e8a6e98746b5637dfa0479a935aa57.jpg

Love that table, and if you think that mess, you should pop round to mine for 5 minutes

@SkateReclaimCreate

14 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

Hmm no mine are even. Can it twist with a little persuasion?

I tried that but pretty sure any more force and I'll break it 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, joey24dirt said:

Love that table, and if you think that mess, you should pop round to mine for 5 minutes emoji23.png

If you're referring to your workshop, that's not a fair comparison. This is my living room haha

• Like 1

This month's BeanBros sub, which happened to be a local roaster (Andersen & Maillard)

FkxDDoI.jpg

Haven’t opened it yet, I’m just enjoying the cover 👩🏻‍🦰

8BB96EF2-B733-4A8E-8C7A-68119F7127D3.jpeg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

Straight to page 65/people to read about Stephen 'in my mug' Leighton and Joanna Alm. We used to collect our beans from the factory (HasBean) doors years and years ago, even before my first machine. I remember drooling over whatever it was they sold back then, a Gaggia? It was £700 ish, way out what we could afford at the time, so we stuck with the best beans, a hand grinder, and French press 😁

Quote from p.74: so, we made a really bad website with a khaki-green background and brown text'. Oh dear 😂

• Haha 2

The slow boat from China has docked this morning with a shiny/matt tamper! Thankfully, due to the weather, the postman was able to dock right at my front door 🌊 🛥️

IMG_20190612_203648.thumb.jpg.a26e6e8a986f65d62e2034c9b493c1a6.jpgIMG_20190612_203630.thumb.jpg.f9b2b5ab17450df82ae128f845ec4208.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bullit said:

The slow boat from China has docked this morning with a shiny/matt tamper! Thankfully, due to the weather, the postman was able to dock right at my front door 🌊 🛥️

IMG_20190612_203648.thumb.jpg.a26e6e8a986f65d62e2034c9b493c1a6.jpgIMG_20190612_203630.thumb.jpg.f9b2b5ab17450df82ae128f845ec4208.jpg

lol...I ordered a mat a well, delivery between June-August, I would have probably ordered another 2 by then with my memory :)

• Haha 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder