After few years of butchering my face, I disagree!
There's a reason why I grew a beard!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

There's a reason why I grew a beard!
+1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Two parcels today, one from the good people @DogandHat, and one from somewhere else. Both very welcome!

7-C29385-F-83-A1-4-CD0-AE05-2602-C16-EDA52.jpg

37-D11-BEC-A965-4-B94-9-B58-1312-D6286-EC7.jpg

What Komado is that?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Everybody knows the moon is made of cheese...

7-C29385-F-83-A1-4-CD0-AE05-2602-C16-EDA52.jpg

No crackers, Gromit! We've forgotten the crackers!!

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

107aaf0de21a55ec2efb34edb36741ed.jpg

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

I’ve succumbed :)

c0a14af2edf552646cda34f979500eef.jpg

d1899cd3f423b36b732370332a401e74.jpg

40ebf609b00a9a55c9eb6e9110280caf.jpg

Thanks for the speedy service @bellabarista and with a fabulous CFUK discount too

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

All roasted 3 - 5th May, so they're ready to go...sadly I've just moved and my kitchen is....not assembled....

d5855b573b6b46b0c4fda0f89faa8a51.jpg

Posted (edited)

"I find your lack of faith disturbing"

0h9JyaN.jpg

EDIT: Finally fixed the image

Edited by Power Freak

Spro === Compak E8 Redspeed / OE Pharos ---> The Rising Force Tamper ---> LR (IMS 35um + VST 18g) / Cafelat Robot Filter === OE Apex / OE Lido 3 ---> v60 (chemex papers) / Able brewing system / Aeropress Water === Osmio Zero

I wish....been waiting too long...one day perhaps...my fault for continually saying, "it's still too big"

22823433753_39c1908394_b.jpgvostok 1gr.18 by davecorbey, on Flickr

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Is that an LCD interface? And two steam wands? So refreshing for body shapes to depart from the conventional boxy design.

I wish....been waiting too long...one day perhaps...my fault for continually saying, "it's still too big"

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Is that an LCD interface? And two steam wands? So refreshing for body shapes to depart from the conventional boxy design.

I’s reminiscent to something else...

8f3cd1dc15933198efce1105935192ac.jpg

Except that KVDW looks fantastic unlike that monstrosity.

I’s reminiscent to something else...

Except that KVDW looks fantastic unlike that monstrosity.

Good job the render is over a year old then....what do you think would improve the looks?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Good job the render is over a year old then....what do you think would improve the looks?

I am not a designer and it’s a personal taste of course (I like how LMLM looks like in person, for example).

I don’t like the leaning forward design as it looks like it’s vomiting Bender from Futurama. There’s nothing that balances the forward leaning body. The diagonal line in the body is just emphasising that.

There’s also far too much going on with various shapes and nothing to contribute to the balance. The knobs/steam wand just looks out of place as well. Rocket, for example, has round legs, levers, etc. that suit somewhat oversized round knobs.

To me it’s just a shed-made machine out of spare parts. Not to be confused with KVDW bicycle machine, of course...

Shouldn’t we start a new thread on this, CFUK help needed designing and developing new lever machine, here’s a novelty do some beta testing, get some out to forum members at a “reduced” price and then get ACS to sell direct on the forum as ex demo machines! Wait..........

AKA Toffee chips

One of the reasons I choose the Nota over many other machines, was the fact it was not stainless steel. The thought of all that polishing makes me shudder!

Shouldn’t we start a new thread on this, CFUK help needed designing and developing new lever machine, here’s a novelty do some beta testing, get some out to forum members at a “reduced” price and then get ACS to sell direct on the forum as ex demo machines! Wait..........

Your welcome too do that CC, think you will have a long wait for a machine though....I'm not holding my breath. You are of course implying the Minima (which was the only machine actually beta tested by 4 forum members at a reduced price), is being sold on the forum as ex demo machines? That's not actually true is it, no ex demo Minimas have been sold by ACS. You must have a huge problem with ACS or me for some reason?

Your welcome too do that CC, think you will have a long wait for a machine though....I'm not holding my breath. You are of course implying the Minima (which was the only machine actually beta tested by 4 forum members at a reduced price), is being sold on the forum as ex demo machines? That's not actually true is it, no ex demo Minimas have been sold by ACS. You must have a huge problem with ACS or me for some reason?

Oh I thought ACS sell the Vesuvius, don’t have a problem with them or you ( they should be forum sponsors though, apologies if they already are?)

AKA Toffee chips

Posted (edited)
Shouldn’t we start a new thread on this, CFUK help needed designing and developing new lever machine

I'd actually love getting into this.

Been designing for Italian manufacturers before :whistle:

Other than that, postie dropped off these...

c90e5af4d04edf97ec2ba968b0aa37ec.jpg

...I'll get in touch with Billie Joe Armstrong anytime soon for it looks like I might need a basket case.

Edited by Hasi

says Hasi.

Oh I thought ACS sell the Vesuvius, don’t have a problem with them or you ( they should be forum sponsors though, apologies if they already are?)

I certainly told them they needed to be and they were. I don't know if it's expired yet, whether they renewed it or not, or forgot during the factory move....you need to ask them/Glenn if they are still advertisers if you have a concern.

I don't really get involved in any of that. If they are not advertisers, then they shouldn't be selling any Vesuvius machines on the forum/forum deals and simply sell them via the normal retail routes.

Well that machine looks like a very early Commodore Green screen computer monitor with knobs and levers....

vostok 1gr.18

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

I certainly told them they needed to be and they were. I don't know if it's expired yet, whether they renewed it or not, or forgot during the factory move....you need to ask them/Glenn if they are still advertisers if you have a concern.

I don't really get involved in any of that. If they are not advertisers, then they shouldn't be selling any Vesuvius machines on the forum/forum deals and simply sell them via the normal retail routes.

Like is said apologies if they are, it’s not showing on paolos profile

AKA Toffee chips

173c29d4c48c93355ca164af1c257a74.jpg

30 dollar pitcher that ended up costing me £70 . Not happy! Although the jug itself is nice...

I really should have just bought a Jibbijug.

Like is said apologies if they are, it’s not showing on paolos profile

I have no idea what shows on the profiles, like I say I don't really enjoy getting involved in that sort of thing (admin and all that is boring) and have no idea how Glen manages things regarding renewal reminders, or whether they get sent. Certainly Paolo has been tied up for months with the factory move and getting the new factory ready so they (and all the equipment and people) can move in. I have not communicated with him for quite a while and guess that he would not have it uppermost in his mind. I sent him a skype message to see if he has renewed...but really it's down to @Glenn and him, not me....

I simply wanted to clear up the point that the machine Betas were for the Minima and that is being sold through retailers.....not a few cheap betas to forum members to then be sold on the forum later as a production machine. The Minima is a machine with retailers and being actively sold by them. Unlike the V which wasn't really actively being sold and would simply form an expensive collection of parts in a factory inventory..this ended up benefiting forum members greatly and is a small production run hand built (very expensive to build) machine.

The 1 group Vostock render is a bit of an in joke really, it's a very old render the machine is quite different but exists only in cyberspace. It's years away. I am in fact still waiting for a steel girder built open test frame....for individual boiler and saturated lever group thermal tests. I don't expect that this side of Christmas either! If he waits long enough I will have my bus pass!

Speaking of V's......457b6d84b6ec6ca229c144705ac5c55c.jpg

Thank you again @Rom

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).