I’ve been wondering whether this is any good...

Bamboo Chasen Matcha Powder Whisk Tool Japanese Tea Ceremony Accessory /70-75/75-80 prongs - 70-75prongs (75-80prongs) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XWLQRQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_dkdbCb8K81M8N

I personally wouldn’t think so. I’ve got some 'loops' if you’ve got a cork, PPapa ;)

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What rudeness. Will you all just stop it.   This is What Did The Postie Bring You - he brought beans, in bags. The place to discuss the contents is either under the roasters own thread if they ha

A letter to say I don't have prostate cancer. Priceless. 

It’s here 🥳

Posted Images

I'm doing something pretty much exactly the same.

I'm guessing this works well? I seem to have very 'bubbled' output from my Sage DTP .... so I'm guessing I manage to keep air pods in my filter, post its filling!!:mad:

Cork? Pah! So passée (or was that pas c'est in the end?)

No, we've upgraded to Sugru here at the East Berks Coffee Ghetto dontcha know? The Sloughdinium Distribution Tool MkIV:

(Also available in white if you've spent all your coffee toys budget on a white Niche... as well as many other colours)b5b57e2e2d3471619fce73d331c95be7.jpg

At some point I'll treat myself to the real deal, this was more of an evaluation prototype-cum-feasibility study.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Edited by hotmetal

Anyone got a good source for these metal loops? Would love to get the Londinium tool one day but gonna try a DIY tool in the meantime! Have been looking at inoculation loops on eBay - what's the approximate diameter of the loops on the Londinium?

Anyone got a good source for these metal loops? Would love to get the Londinium tool one day but gonna try a DIY tool in the meantime! Have been looking at inoculation loops on eBay - what's the approximate diameter of the loops on the Londinium?

Wires are:

8.4cm long

0.5cm diameter of the eye

0.6cm apart at the base

Handle is 5.5cm long and 3cm at the widest point.

Just search "eye pins" on eBay. They're something to do with home jewellery and beading apparently. Be aware they're a bit like paperclip metal in that they bend rather than spring back to straight like I imagine the proper LDT tines would. It really is a ghetto copy, no substitute for the proper one long-term (I think Reiss has nothing to fear!) but if you are wondering if it's worth buying one, this is a fun and cheap way to try before you buy.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Pcs-Cleaners-Cleaning-Brush-Wash-Stainless-Steel-Drinking-Pipe-Straw-Sliver-YH/183517082293?hash=item2aba7872b5:g:j3gAAOSwvt1WRFU7

I think those brushes are a lot bigger in real life than the picture would suggest.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

I have some on the bench. Do you want a pic with something as a comparison?

Ah ok, well, I'm all set with my little pins but if you think those brushes might be useful for someone else, (and now I'm just curious) maybe a pic with a pound coin or ruler for ref?

I was basing my judgement on the fact that they're made up of a twisted pair of wires, whereas the LDT has tines that are thinner than a small sewing needle. b796eb7d9e49e076dd695a9fd722fa47.jpg

___

Eat, drink and be merry

I think those brushes are a lot bigger in real life than the picture would suggest.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

I have some and while they are bigger and sturdier than the Londo ones I reckon they may work. @Batian?

The 'loops' are twisted so perhaps they could be made smaller by more twisting?

Pic with 'loops' shown resting on a 49mm pre Millenium La Pav PF.

The wood handle is from an old awl, the blade end having become u/s. (100yr old?) cut off and sanded. It is hard as nails.

20181203_073908_resized_1.jpg

20181203_075528_resized.jpg

20181203_074741_resized.jpg

Among some secret stuff, these have made their way to meeee:

f120c823ea879f369c1e942cc17658f2.jpg

The book is in an awkward shape (thought I'd bought it new...), thanks A****n you used to be an online "book" store. Back in the days. Decades ago. Last Century. Previous millennium. Remember?! Muppets. Oh wait, this ain't the Forum Rants thread... my bad!

Anyhow, for those among you who haven't yet unboxed Coffee Gator scales - spoiler alert - that's quite nice:

61fcd99c49f665696f587694ff83b8bf.jpg

Saved my evening, so to speak... forking book store, dog damnit.

Among some secret stuff, these have made their way to meeee:

f120c823ea879f369c1e942cc17658f2.jpg

The book is in an awkward shape (thought I'd bought it new...), thanks A****n you used to be an online "book" store. Back in the days. Decades ago. Last Century. Previous millennium. Remember?! Muppets. Oh wait, this ain't the Forum Rants thread... my bad!

Anyhow, for those among you who haven't yet unboxed Coffee Gator scales - spoiler alert - that's quite nice:

61fcd99c49f665696f587694ff83b8bf.jpg

Saved my evening, so to speak... forking book store, dog damnit.

Keep ot of reach of children, pets and clumsy buffoons.