• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What rudeness. Will you all just stop it.   This is What Did The Postie Bring You - he brought beans, in bags. The place to discuss the contents is either under the roasters own thread if they ha

A letter to say I don't have prostate cancer. Priceless. 

It’s here 🥳

Posted Images

Some bits and bobs to help get the best out of the Niche.

Not sure I'll be using the mini vac so much now as I seem to be getting used to the chaff in the hopper that seemed a slight issue at first, having been used to being able to get the hand grinder completely clean of chaff. And nice to find a 49mm grooming tool for the Pav.. nearly went for the Kafatek as it just seems much nicer, but without finding a UK seller the cost with shipping just seemed too much.

31422912278_16119f4f6d_c.jpg

The strategy worked out fine to have this available on return and lucky to get in on the sale.

@jeebsy

edNqfjsm.jpg?1

The workplace station was quite bare.

4mULt5Gm.jpg

Just needed to unpack again, not un-similar to when I first got the machine.

uOdHvzum.jpg

Re-established at last.

CFlnHYdm.jpg

The pack aroma was lovely, opened up and expected very dark grains for some reason but they're not, the grinder had a thorough clean, surprised that the previous grinder setting was reasonably spot on, so our first coffee for several days was superb a very nice feel to it and good taste, the next 10 minutes will see another brew.

Many Thanks Jeebsy for arranging it and a Roaster to keep on file for the future................ @jeebsy

Jon.

Christmas season is on, ...NOT?

cca72a2010ee60d1c1f0b48e9888b1cf.jpg

One of the finer aspects of starting a business: You need to understand your customers. What an excuse to spend silly money!!

Good Lord Lee, that was quick! Only ordered on Sunday, Tuesday morning it hit the mat! Kayon and Rocko, Ethiopian double whammy. I'm going to go and play some music by The Ethiopians to celebrate. Maybe not 'Conditions bad a yard' as they're currently pretty good since this turned up. If they'd called Engine 54 Engine 58 instead that would've been appropriate. But as I'm working from home today I'll go for Free Man...

4954da1a834e98d08b6ea696f965f236.jpg

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Well went down and picked up, a little treat

IMG_20181022_181457_zpsgsijsft9.png

I got one of these too! Ordered the electric Stagg EKG kettle (plus the necessary step-down transformer for the electrics). I love it - pours so smoothly!

6e5c7b175bcd12655f363aa4615a7fe6.jpg

2 x brand new cornelius kegs (19 litre)

1 x fridge to be converted into a beer kegerator

1 x regulator

hoses and fittings

2 x brand new cornelius kegs (19 litre)

1 x fridge to be converted into a beer kegerator

1 x regulator

hoses and fittings

Cleaning is a real issue, i hear you. But if you like to drink homemade bear, you have to clean your equipment. It have to be like sterile, otherwise you will spoil your keg and it will give an odor to every beverage you put inside. Last time i thought it's not that necessary to clean it up, i was buying new one at https://foodplusice.com/best-kegerators-for-sale/.Do not repeat my mistakes. You better than that.

Edited by JeromeTT

Ok delivery was Saturday and i managed to install it today. Mazzer major laser cut gauge. Thanks to @coffeechap once more for sending this over and of course thanks to @timmyjj21 for making it. I made the zero point where the burrs touch and 0.75 is where i currently grinding for espresso (coffee compass Nicaraguan beans)

https://imgur.com/a/16SfoJU

I mean, we do it for fun and like a hobby, but please, do not forget that brewing includes chemical reactions that could harm you, your house and your family, so i repeat, please, be careful. One of my friends was trying to brew at home and to save money as well ( he was drinking gallons of beer since high school). So he decided to make a keg from an old broken refrigerator instead of buying one. Just go for a kegerator for sale https://foodplusice.com/best-kegerators-for-sale/ and you will find one. But the common way is not for him. As the result - he is in a hospital, wife moved away with kids as you can't leave in that house due to the chemical leak. Was it worth it? Maybe, if you looking for a divorce
Wow! Sounds pretty scary. I'm not sure exactly what happened or what the danger is, over and above having a fridge in your house? (What does one do in order to turn a fridge into this beer thing?) What chemical? Are you talking about bad beer, methyl or CFC / Freon leaks? I know they're bad for the ozone layer, but area denial? Gary's original post was 4 and a half years ago... I presume he's still alive and well as we've heard from him since.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Ok delivery was Saturday and i managed to install it today. Mazzer major laser cut gauge. Thanks to @coffeechap once more for sending this over and of course thanks to @timmyjj21 for making it. I made the zero point where the burrs touch and 0.75 is where i currently grinding for espresso (coffee compass Nicaraguan beans)

https://imgur.com/a/16SfoJU

Oohh! I haven't seen one of those gauges in a long time! Rare as hens teeth ;) looking good!

Postie hit me with theeeese today:

c282dc603f648b12d1c69e44fc450159.jpg

Samples... next time this year they’re gonna come in a group of a hundred! :popcorn: (provided changes being implemented)

Speaking of hundreds... bags arrived!

88a60b4a20e5b138dd54c3ddeb719bc3.jpg

Some serious heat-sealing device needed to go along with them bags:

1e25526d81cd60aa4148f567219ea7af.jpg

As if it weren’t enough, a mobile receipt printer also made its way onto our mat:

0e3f47ef3593f0f859c6d48bf97b40b0.jpg

Postie should start helping me build/finish at least the storage, otherwise I‘ll run out of space anytime soon

If your postie had to bring all that to your house I'm not surprised he hit you with it!!! You're not doing this by halves! Like the branded cups!

Gonna change my sig to "I knew Hasi before he was famous..."

___

Eat, drink and be merry

If your postie had to bring all that to your house I'm not surprised he hit you with it!!! You're not doing this by halves! Like the branded cups!

Gonna change my sig to "I knew Hasi before he was famous..."

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Haha!

Our tiny roastery happens to be built in our basement... kinda have to store things away at home until it’s done.

And branded cups are a must to enter gastronomy around here, that’s derived from the bigger chains (Illy as we know even have their proprietary cup geometry). They’re all flooding their on-premise accounts with POS material like crazy. Gastronmers in AT don’t usually own coffee equipment - except for specialty coffee shops. I’m only lucky that postie didn’t hit me with a multi-group machine and commercial grinder as give-away items Still, I wish I could’ve saved that cup money in the beginning... on the other hand, they’re pretty cool

Nice little delivery from Rave :)

45504441832_5fa8eda5e7_c.jpg

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Tentatively following the Halloween theme... I’ve opted for a coffee named after a famous footballing vampire.

Okay actually I chose the most extreme flavour I could find to test the Niche out.

5088aab8ec413df72960c8632ca0a8f8.jpg

Tentatively following the Halloween theme... I’ve opted for a coffee named after a famous footballing vampire.

Okay actually I chose the most extreme flavour I could find to test the Niche out.

5088aab8ec413df72960c8632ca0a8f8.jpg

Footballing vampire