My machine arrived today....... Courtesy of coffee chap. Once again can't thank you enough for your time , patience ,and all round good guyness.....[ATTACH]2824[/ATTACH]

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

You really must wait that long, or you will be sorely disappointed, rest time on fresh roasted beans is so important, ask those on here that have used these early and those who have left for 10 days, they definitely need the full ten days to get the best out too them.

Thanks I usually give beans a week before using them... new I read 10 days for these thanks again!

Definitely at their best from 10 days onward but if you're used to supermarket beans then even unrested they'll be a revelation! You'll find your taste buds (and your standards) change very quickly as you get used to fresh-roasted beans. I used to be very happy drinking Taylors of Harrogate Lazy Sunday and now I'd rather go without coffee than drink their beans.

Thanks for the tip, luckily (or not) i have half a bag of Taylor's to drink first anyway

Dont know if its the robusta, but Raves Italian Job needs a good 15 days. Found extract beans pretty much stay the same the day they arrive

happy donkey say refridgerate beans once opened, extract say don't. i have always gone with Extracts advice. Cold, damp beans don't seam right going into the grinder. Does any one fridge their beans?

The way I see it, storing beans in the fridge is okay as long as they are stored in an airtight container, and that they are brought out and allowed to warm up to room temperature before opening. So storing a day's worth in a sealed bag, and bringing it out to warm up the night before opening should work fine.

It's having a bulk container which gets opened direct from the fridge each day, allowing moisture in, that's the problem. Yeah, and cold damp beans in the grinder isn't ideal.

I'm strongly of the opinion there is nothing whatsoever to gain by refrigerating your beans, and a hell of a lot to loose. I've never seen a coherent reason why you should put them in the fridge, but seen plenty on why you shouldn't.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Beans are perfectly fine in the bags they arrive in with one way valves for some considerably time,just expel the air through the valve once sealed after use,no need for refrigeration or even swapping into air lock containers :-)

NME

Bosco Sorrento/Eureka Mythos/Torr Palisander XS Convex/VST 18g Ridgeless/Motta Jug/Bialetti Brikka​/FJY Syphon/Porlex/IngenuiTEA

Fridge = moisture and moisture = bad from what I've read

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

My auber PID just arrived today ready to go on the classic. I went for the pre infusion. I'm not sure how much that feature will be used but I fancied the timer and will definitely use the steam setting.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

I would very interested in how you get on fitting/using it as I was thinking of fitting one to my Silvia at some point.

I went for the auber as I didn't fancy trying to pick up all the parts I needed and working out how to set it up myself. The instructions that came with it were good although I took my time to fit it as I wanted to get it right first time. The hardest part was removing the thermostat and screwing in the rtd because there's not much room around the classic's boiler and the thermostat is near the bottom. I realise it has its limitations on a small boiler like in the classic but it takes the guess work out of when to start the shot. Think I was just too lazy to time when to start the shot in the heating cycle so much more consistent now. Much better steaming with the steam model, no loss of power half way through. Got the best microfoam I have ever managed today. Still not sure about the pre infusion function and so far I haven't bothered using it though I do use the shot timer.

Gaggia classic (OPV, steam wand and auber PID), HG one, hausgrind walnut, rattleware handle free, bottomless pf, 15g, 18g and 20g vst, torr goldfinger, 3 cup chemex, 8 cup chemex, 3 cup siphon, ceramic v60-01, kalita wave 155 and an aeropress.

postie brought me a porlex mini grinder, aeropress and a thermometer that will come in handy for my dairying (making cheese, cream and yoghurt)

TNT brought me one slightly large Magnum! 20130629_080327.jpg

Fracino Heavenly- La Cimbali Magnum. Technivorm Moccamaster.:coffee:

Great grinder though

AKA Toffee chips

Get that hopper and metal collar off they look much better

AKA Toffee chips

TNT brought me one slightly large Magnum! [ATTACH=CONFIG]2844[/ATTACH]

Cool , another magnum owner !

Instagram - rjw_inc

Get that hopper and metal collar off they look much better

Was going to ask if anyone has any recommended mods for the Magnum (with photo's if poss).

Already removed the auto stop/start switch to make getting to the grinder chute easier.

Mrboots2u,would like to know where you got the stainless bowl from. I,m using a saucer but that bowl looks much better!

Ceers Shaun.

The bowl came with the machine ! The camera hood hopper also ( courtesy of coffeechap) . Love to know how you get on with it . Paired with a francino currently is it ?

Instagram - rjw_inc

The bowl came with the machine ! The camera hood hopper also ( courtesy of coffeechap) . Love to know how you get on with it . Paired with a francino currently is it ?

Thanks Mrboots2u. coffeechap is the man to ask then!

Yes its paired with my Heavenly. Took a while to dial in but its there now and very happy with the results. At first i had the setting so fine the grinds were dropping out of the chute in square cubes!

Spent yesterday afternoon stripping and cleaning it to get rid of all the free beans and grinds it came with! Wife actually likes it says it looks like a rocketship from a 1950,s B movie!

Edited by shaun1

A note pad as when I got the Mythos I promised myself that I would actually start recording grinder settings for different beans and ratings

e3ysygu9.jpg

NME

Bosco Sorrento/Eureka Mythos/Torr Palisander XS Convex/VST 18g Ridgeless/Motta Jug/Bialetti Brikka​/FJY Syphon/Porlex/IngenuiTEA

A note pad as when I got the Mythos I promised myself that I would actually start recording grinder settings for different beans and ratings

e3ysygu9.jpg

That's pink.......

Instagram - rjw_inc