IGNORED

What did the Postie bring you today

glevum

A chemistry set that makes coffee! I'm fascinated by these, ever since I saw TSK demo one at the Rave day. But I'm spatially challenged and also don't need more excuses to drink more coffee than I do already. (Says he at 0130!)

It's decaf :whistle:

I don't fancy staying up all night lol

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Ooooo... coffee stuff :cool:

9BF5D274-D085-4393-A8AC-5CC1FCC3EC7F_zpsoe1d5dxe.jpg

Always fancied one of these, and it certainly makes a nice cuppa! Thanks to @El carajillo I now have one :)

Hey, nice pic! Certainly a great coffee maker, try the metal filter, it gives a bigger body ;-)

The postie brought me this .....

I know theres been a fair bit of discussion over these and the usefulness or not - well i had the pleasure of loaning an expensive one from my local coffee roasters to test, it was good but i wouldn't spend £100 on one - this was £18 and does the same job, worth the money - not the magic solution to no spitting from naked however does help get a better tamp.

Sundely from ebay!

Quick delivery from the uk.

25bdf7e32a68df173f3fdd41dd8aa710.jpg

Hey, nice pic! Certainly a great coffee maker, try the metal filter, it gives a bigger body ;-)

It's a pity it doesn't have the paper filter adapter. Cloth one is ok though.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

It's a pity it doesn't have the paper filter adapter. Cloth one is ok though.

I've got all three, prefer the IMS metal to cloth and paper Hario ones, but with minimal difference in the cup, metal one is also slightly more convenient to use for me

Not today, but last week...cheap flour sifting sieve off Amazon (about £2), great for cleaner French press brews without having to take too much extra care.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Flour-White-Round-Strainer/dp/B008LTY9RC/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1491152558&sr=8-8&keywords=fine+sieve

[/url]

Some how, this feels quite damning against the Kruve!?

Some how, this feels quite damning against the Kruve!?

Not at all. Kruve is at home, the flour sifter is at work where I make 3-mug brews daily...either with the flour sifter & French press, or with a regular kitchen sieve & Chemex/Sowden, as I have done since before Kruve was mooted. I have other sieves too, but at 30cm are a bit bulky & messy.

I don't fancy your chances of sifting 50-60g doses in a Kruve in one go :-) The Kruve results will be comparable to other Kruve users & you get 2 data points.

Some tasty* samples of various coffee kindly donated by Boots (Thanks @Mrboots2u)

* NB When I say tasty - at this point that is only conjecture as I am about 150miles from said coffee and haven't even seen them yet but as they come from Bootsy I am going out on a limb and predicting they'll be tasty :-)

I've just got the Bandito fingerless gloves with cover from Mountain Hardware, the first pair got half eaten by the dog :-D since they are already discontinued, I had to source them from eBay..excellent gloves

Three kinds, 500g of each. Peruvian Tunki - my favourite single-origin, Indian Tiger Stripes blend and Breakfast Favourite blend - both delicious. Roasted 12 days ago, actually received 11 days ago and at their prime right now.

The Peruvian Tunki, freshly opened today, yielded one of the nicest cups I've ever tasted. I pull 34g liquor from 17g ground beans in 30 secs. or so and add stretched blue-top milk at 55°C. Yum.

Tony.

Edited by teejay41