IMG_3712-2_zpsbe12bdd0.jpg

My first purchase since joining Coffee Forums, a good start, but now I need to find some decent coffee beans.

I am tempted to order a starter pack from Has Bean, but will be away from here for six weeks, so better to wait till I return at the start of September so that I can enjoy it in prime condition. How long do freshly roasted beans maintain their freshness?

Ordered this mill from Amazon UK as they have free delivery to my office in Luxembourg.

I knocked up a quick Carbonara for my evening meal but resisted the temptation to use this for the black pepper. :)

Edited by Dave_E

One postie brought some James Gourmet Formula 6 beans (the jury's still out on them, haven't got the grind right yet) and another (don't ask me why) a naked portafilter, so the kitchen might be in need of a fresh coat of paint tomorrow. Might wait till I've got those new beans dialled in...

An Attento Click Tamping Mat was waiting for me when I got home from work. Look forward to getting some more consistency with tamping.

An Attento Click Tamping Mat was waiting for me

Don't forget to cut 2 thin strips of double sided sticky tape to hold the pad in place. I put a strip either side of the adjustment hole

Ron 

Some items from Coffee Hit: A new group head gasket/seal for my Silvia, a shot measure glass (espresso supply--very nice) and two Duralex Picardy glasses (450ml).coffee hit 001.jpg

Four bags of beans with a roast day of 13156….. making that the 5th of June….. hmmmmm, nearly 3 weeks old, not impressed !! It remains to be seen if anything good will come from them.

Rocket Giotto Evo 2, Zenith 65e

I know what the problem is now.... it's me !

Four bags of beans with a roast day of 13156….. making that the 5th of June….. hmmmmm, nearly 3 weeks old, not impressed !! It remains to be seen if anything good will come from them.

Where are they from?

My Rave order arrived this morning 2 bags of the Java Jampit and 2 of the Mocha/Java blend which will hopefully tide me over until the Londinium DSOL beans are ready to use and I've got the Brasilia dialled in properly as well, oh and a new thermometer for the fish tank and a birthday card from the OH from her mum

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

got my ppi offer from first direct. can now order a new shiny toy...

LEVER! very very shiny!:act-up:

LEVER! very very shiny!:act-up:

Yep you got it in one ! Plus looks like my grinder is coming in the post tomorrow too. Very exciting

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Where are they from?

I'm going to give them another chance as everything from them so far has been a lot fresher. I'm hoping this is a blip but if it happens again I will look elsewhere and name and shame.

Rocket Giotto Evo 2, Zenith 65e

I know what the problem is now.... it's me !

Well it was yesterday but i was too busy cleaning it out and dailing it in

IMG_20130626_100829.jpg

Gaggia Classic, Brasilia RR55OD

excellent, polished chrome as well. an absolute bargain there mate

Beautiful and a complete bargain, mine will be listed on here soon.

AKA Toffee chips

A kilo of Rave signature blend through Amazon £15.22 delivered! Roasted on the 24/6/13 arrived this morning.

A kilo of Rave signature blend through Amazon £15.22 delivered! Roasted on the 24/6/13 arrived this morning.

ditto, my first time outside of the supermarket, so i'm excited

ditto, my first time outside of the supermarket, so i'm excited

Sure I read on here somewhere that they were better after a ten days or so, not sure I can wait that long!

You really must wait that long, or you will be sorely disappointed, rest time on fresh roasted beans is so important, ask those on here that have used these early and those who have left for 10 days, they definitely need the full ten days to get the best out too them.

AKA Toffee chips

Definitely at their best from 10 days onward but if you're used to supermarket beans then even unrested they'll be a revelation! You'll find your taste buds (and your standards) change very quickly as you get used to fresh-roasted beans. I used to be very happy drinking Taylors of Harrogate Lazy Sunday and now I'd rather go without coffee than drink their beans.

Expobar DB PID, OE Pharos, OE Lido & Torr 58.4 plan2convex

Nothing coffee related today but I did receive a Musto lightweight shooting jacket and a reel of purple ribbon (totally unrelated items - honest !)

a grinder a lever and some beans