I never said that you had claimed most posties are robbing members of the public, I was pointing out that most (1) posties are not “robbing twat” and honest ppl, (doing a job they enjoy serving the public, to the best that they can within the ever increasing pressure from cost cutting)

1) Sadly there are some that are not honest decent ppl, and that small number tarnish the majority of hard working postman/woman. The POIB Post Office Investigations Branch work to the same regulations as the police (PACE guidelines) and will “invite” a rotten apple to an interview once they are found.

Rocket R58

Compak K8 Fresh

You said he was labeling postmen as thieves, so it is fair to make an inference that you meant all postmen.

Cupping samples

3 x 75g bags

No idea what's in them but should have a better idea on Friday evening when I crack them open

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

A bottomless portafilter for my Silvia....... and my credit card bill:(

A pack of four 250g beans (Promo Bundle - £15.99) from Coffee Bean Shop. Roasted yesterday, here today. The last pack was excellent, so really looking forward to these. Incidentally, came across a pack of coffee from Coffee Bean Shop that had slipped behind some packages in a kitchen cupboard and wasn't spotted for a few weeks. The roast date was some six weeks prior to the coffee being used, so expectations were unsurprisingly low. Couldn't believe the bloom and still great taste. Been using it all week.

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus V2 | Eureka Mignon | Torr Convex Tamper | Technivorm | Espro Press

My Enrica and Steelite espresso cups:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2755[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2756[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2757[/ATTACH]

The espresso was Square Mile Sweet Shop. 28g in 25 seconds. So tasty.

Here's mine from yesterday:

IMG_0281.jpg

It's a new dosing chute... or lens hood!

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

Sorry to be a killjoy... But I received absolutely nothing. No fun to be had with no new toys to play with. Need to order something soon otherwise I will die inside. Keep meaning to order some beans, been looking at the various offerings from hasbean. Anyone got any recommendations for beans? Sorry to change the subject btw

I took a few days worth of red slips to the post office depot today. It was a good swap! In return I came back with a pack of Square Mile 'Red Brick' Coffee & a pack of La Serrania (for the aeropress at work), a Rattleware shot pitcher & a Rattleware handle-less 12oz milk pitcher.

Sorry to be a killjoy... But I received absolutely nothing. No fun to be had with no new toys to play with. Need to order something soon otherwise I will die inside. Keep meaning to order some beans, been looking at the various offerings from hasbean. Anyone got any recommendations for beans? Sorry to change the subject btw

Have you tried porters in the market square of Newark? they roast their own but I've not tried them for espresso. Worth a try.

Here's mine from yesterday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2758[/ATTACH]

It's a new dosing chute... or lens hood!

That's clever. Where did you get it and do you know if it would fit my Cherub pf?

Nothing coffee related, but a new camera that I immediately used to take a shot of Brewzilla!...

Brewzilla0001_zpsf1fd3ab5.jpg

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

That's clever. Where did you get it and do you know if it would fit my Cherub pf?

Got it here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390440086051?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm not sure for definite it would fit your cherub, but shouldn't see why not...

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

A pack of four 250g beans (Promo Bundle - £15.99) from Coffee Bean Shop. Roasted yesterday, here today. The last pack was excellent, so really looking forward to these. Incidentally, came across a pack of coffee from Coffee Bean Shop that had slipped behind some packages in a kitchen cupboard and wasn't spotted for a few weeks. The roast date was some six weeks prior to the coffee being used, so expectations were unsurprisingly low. Couldn't believe the bloom and still great taste. Been using it all week.

Ordered a promo pack last night following this post.

Just had a call from a nice lady welcoming me to the shop, asking me how I felt about their website, and letting me know they had thrown some extra sample beans in for me; how nice of them and totally unexpected!

Ordered a promo pack last night following this post.

Just had a call from a nice lady welcoming me to the shop, asking me how I felt about their website, and letting me know they had thrown some extra sample beans in for me; how nice of them and totally unexpected!

Hope you enjoy. All the coffee I've had has been of excellent quality and very distinctive!

Rocket Giotto Premium Plus V2 | Eureka Mignon | Torr Convex Tamper | Technivorm | Espro Press

A leaflet on changes to my credit card terms and conditions :exit:

Needless to say I have not read it.

Tomorrow should be a better day and yield the following from Has Bean:

Costa Rica Finca Nardo Herbazu Yellow Honey Process Villa Sarchi - Roasted Whole Beans 250g

El Salvador Finca Santa Petrona Natural Red Bourbon - Roasted Whole Beans 250g

El Salvador Finca Argentina Fincona 2 Tablon Natural Bourbon - Roasted Whole Beans 250g

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

I have been waiting on some shot pots for steaming macchiato foam for the past week and yesterday my scales broke so I have been waiting for some new ones too.

Feel too blind to brew anything without them.

The other day we received a note regarding a birthday card for my son. It was a week late having been posted first class at the point of source and there was a £1 handling charge for the fact that the letter was slightly over sized and the postage was short by 9p. Nine pence for goodness sake! .

Sadly your 9p short is one of hundreds every day up and down the country. The revenue lost to Royal Mail per year through underpaid postage is in the millions. (I'll try and find the up to date figures should you want, but that's a huge amount of money for any company to lose.

The bloke at the sorting office asked if we wanted a receipt so that we could claim the money off my brother... what sort of a family does he think we are? ."

Offering a receipt for an item paid for is a standard. by the postman/women should have left the question-"would you like a receipt?" And often relatives will take a receipt.

Then to top it off the postman has the nerve to leave our gate open and nip across the fence to go into next door.""

Posties are told about closing gates/cutting across the grass, put a complaint into Customer Services 0845 740740 (but its an automated system) or email them on http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/contact-us

Hope that helps.

Rocket R58

Compak K8 Fresh

Sadly your 9p short is one of hundreds every day up and down the country. The revenue lost to Royal Mail per year through underpaid postage is in the millions. (I'll try and find the up to date figures should you want, but that's a huge amount of money for any company to lose.

Offering a receipt for an item paid for is a standard. by the postman/women should have left the question-"would you like a receipt?" And often relatives will take a receipt.

Posties are told about closing gates/cutting across the grass, put a complaint into Customer Services 0845 740740 (but its an automated system) or email them on http://www.royalmail.com/customer-service/contact-us

Hope that helps.

I don't have a vendetta in operation against the Royal Mail and am first to agree that the public is, so often, in the wrong and that the Royal Mail gets the flack. What annoys me with any organisation is taking the customer for granted when the customer has very little choice and, secondly, for overall poor customer service. Working in the support business myself I am painfully aware that customers can be few and far between and that once a customer is found its in the interests of the supplier to keep that customer happy within reasonable commercial sense.

In the case of The Royal Mail, in the general sense, the public has little choice but to use them for letters. There are other possibilities but the methods are too convoluted for the average customer to follow. Thus, if something has to be sent, the Royal Mail gets the business. While controlled by third parties, I find it interesting that the Royal Mail can go for so long and in such a bloated fashion and loose money. Partly through job cuts and partly through huge hikes in postage costs (when everybody else is having to cut charges to keep customers) its suddenly making money. The public has very little choice but to pay those costs and then be nobbled when a genuine mistake is made and, effectively, their post held to ransom unless they pay a fine... sorry, a £1 handling charge. I would love to know how £1 is considered reasonable when I suspect that most of the handling is done in a second or two by a machine. Fair charges for errors, yes, but this, I feel is a rip off.

Now, my second point: customer service.... with postage prices increased why is it that my postman routine leaves parcels on my door step without ringing the bell or otherwise making it clear that something, potentially of value, is there for everyone to see and for somebody to steal? He can see two cars in the driveway and evidence that people are in. That doesn't, however, guarantee that we are going to open our front door every now and again to check to see if anything has been left. If a parcel is stolen its me who has to deal with the sender and its the sender who has to absorb the cost of sending another parcel so as to keep their ultimate customer satisfied.

Then we have the gate and the cutting across the fence. I wont start on that again!

I accept, T-C, that your points are valid and that there is a method of redress. It isn't easy being in the postal service or any other business where targets have to be met. It just annoys me that a virtual monopoly can take the customer for granted.

Please could somebody send a picture of something they got this morning and are really happy with ... I've hijacked this thread enough (and my apologies to the original poster and to all of those people who have kept to the spirit of the original thread).

~~~~~

Ian

Fracino Cherub, Eureka Mignon grinder, empty bank account.

Two bags of beans, ordered only yesterday from Rave, got delivered this morning. Great service thanks Rave.

Guatemala Huehuetenango and Nicaragua Maragogype, never tried either so I'm going to have a nice tasting session on Sunday morning.

Gaggia Classic; Steam Wand v3; OPV adjusted; Auber PID Pre-Infusion & Steam Control; IMS shower screen; Mazzer Mini E Type A; 20g VST Basket; 58.4mm Torr Goldfinger Titanium Convex

Boring stuff for me today- more microfibre cloths and new teeth for the Mignon. thought the old burrs (2yrs old ) were not to bad, god was i wrong. Bought grind setting down from 5 to 2 for same bean/extraction. Chomping thru' the beans now saving a few seconds of my life a day standing at the grinder. Difference in the cup as well. probably change them 12/18 months now.

20130624_132423_zpsd9eda670.jpg

Just a new dual layer feather and down 3" thick mattress topper, and hopefully tomorrow my Rave order, followed by a collapsible rubber hopper and 1 or 2 other random bits from fleabay during the rest of the week

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!