Coffee Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What did the Postie bring you today

2M views 14K replies 940 participants last post by  DavecUK 
#1 ·
What did the postie bring you today!

A thread to show off your new coffee related item no matter how big or small, old or new

Throw up a photo so we can have a butchers what you got delivered today.

I will start:

Been after some 16 fl oz cups for a morning triple shot latte and these fit the bill. Gordon Ramsay maze breakfast morning cups.

20130618_194742_zps2b5e0801.jpg

See less See more
#15 ·
Lots of invoices which I will turn into customer invoices which will pay for my Quamar M80E which UPS delivered today
;)

I'm really pleased with it. Mrs WD was slightly less pleased. Id told her to expect a parcel and to order some 'stuff' that she may want to soften the blow (didn't say that I'd ordered a replacement grinder a few months after ordering my first grinder).

Her first comment upon seeing the grinder was "crikey (or words to that effect) .... are we opening a coffee shop" ? Followed by "is that a bubble gum machine ?" and a few more cutting comments which I chose to ignore

I've not dialled the M80 in yet but can confirm that :

It is significantly quieter than the MC2

It grinds a whole lot quicker than the MC2

It is rock solid in its construction

The grind adjust is soooo much smoother and easier than the MC2

The grinds look a lot more consistent with no clumping

Far too late for me to be consuming coffee so will give my initial thoughts tomorrow and post some pics

#16 ·
LED mods? You über nerds! The same ones you use on your Corsa? Lol

/Secretly likes this idea and looking forward to the pics...

Reactions: Rincewind
#18 ·
forzajuve said:
Well my postie is a robbing twat so my IMM sub has been stolen again. Fortunately the legends at Has Bean are very understanding and seemingly I'm not the only unlucky sod this happens to!
Most posties are not "robbing twat" and find it offensive that your labelling posties as thieves!

I have 25 years service as a postie.

If you believe your post is being stolen then then contact them on securityhelpdesk@royalmail.com or ask for the security desk help line number from http://www.royalmail.com

#19 ·
1Kg of Has Bean Costa Rica Finca de Licho Yellow Honey Vila Sarchi (jeez it's a long name...).

I thought I would try something completely different to my usual darker choices. I read the tasting notes and thought it sounded a bit unlikely, Raspberry, Honey, chocolate, blah blah.... but wait just the beans do indeed smell of raspberries! Will give em a go next week...

#12,450 ·
1Kg of Has Bean Costa Rica Finca de Licho Yellow Honey Vila Sarchi (jeez it's a long name...).

I thought I would try something completely different to my usual darker choices. I read the tasting notes and thought it sounded a bit unlikely, Raspberry, Honey, chocolate, blah blah.... but wait just the beans do indeed smell of raspberries! Will give em a go next week...
oh this one is beautiful!

Try the ethiopia Ana Sora from hasbean. its exceptional. Lots of blueberries!

just about to play an order myself.

#21 ·
t-c said:
Most posties are not "robbing twat" and find it offensive that your labelling posties as thieves!

I have 25 years service as a postie.

If you believe your post is being stolen then then contact them on securityhelpdesk@royalmail.com or ask for the security desk help line number from http://www.royalmail.com
Where did I say that most posties are robbing? Quick to defend something that was never stated.......

As this has happened to me on several occasions I have an open case with royal fail which will no doubt go nowhere (like their post) but hopefully the culprit will be found. Just to be clear I consider this to be an individual not that the whole organisation is guilty.

#23 ·
The other day we received a note regarding a birthday card for my son. It was a week late having been posted first class at the point of source and there was a £1 handling charge for the fact that the letter was slightly over sized and the postage was short by 9p. Nine pence for goodness sake! Added to that, the cost of the diesel to drive to the sorting office to pay them £1.09 and pick it up I'm not a fan of the petty minded attitude of the post office. The bloke at the sorting office asked if we wanted a receipt so that we could claim the money off my brother... what sort of a family does he think we are? Then to top it off the postman has the nerve to leave our gate open and nip across the fence to go into next door.

I know, I'm turning into a "grumpy old hector"

#26 ·
I never said that you had claimed most posties are robbing members of the public, I was pointing out that most (1) posties are not "robbing twat" and honest ppl, (doing a job they enjoy serving the public, to the best that they can within the ever increasing pressure from cost cutting)

1) Sadly there are some that are not honest decent ppl, and that small number tarnish the majority of hard working postman/woman. The POIB Post Office Investigations Branch work to the same regulations as the police (PACE guidelines) and will "invite" a rotten apple to an interview once they are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.