coffeechap

Mazzer micro hopper that clears the exit Shute of the burr assembly!

Give me a shout if you come across a chrome one dave ,I like the neat fit,but grown used to mine [in a golum style]

phone pics 320.jpg

fracino little gem, Handpresso Wild, MAZZER SJ, custom Bialetti knockbox. heft walnut ,made by knock.

Neat idea, makes you wonder if the tennis-ball-with-a-hole-in-it would work too. (Am I the only one who can't view the videos?)

Would 58mm fit on the inside of a royal, rather than outside?

Any links to an identical product that isn't 50 quid ?

@garydyke1

Gary are you using the plastic safety device on the top of your royal, if so you need to get a slightly bigger one, otherwise it fits exactly on the inside of the burr carrier, there is a link further back in this thread to a hopper costing £2, pm me your number if you have 5 mins now

AKA Toffee chips

Don't worry , its sorted . Ordered one for a quid . Cheaper than chips

@garydyke1

I know and should clear the Shute of the royal as well!! Haven't got mine back from e paint shop to try it yetp

AKA Toffee chips

Bought one to give it a try on my anfim. Chute clearing properties are worth a go :)

Definitely fits inside the chute of the anfim as I have tested it on the caimano going into the grind off

AKA Toffee chips

Neat idea, makes you wonder if the tennis-ball-with-a-hole-in-it would work too. (Am I the only one who can't view the videos?)

Not sure why you can't view the vid it is on you tube

AKA Toffee chips

When I click the link I see this

309u6f5.jpg

but can't seem to play the video – it's probably just me doing something wrong...

Definitely fits inside the chute of the anfim as I have tested it on the caimano going into the grind off

Thanks - that will stop me wondering if it will fit :)

Coffee making stuff :coffee:

Continuing the camera theme, I use one of these to clean my chute:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2501[/ATTACH]

photo.jpg

Edited by MarkyP

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

Continuing the camera theme, I use one of these to clean my chute:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2501[/ATTACH]

A Giotto rocket?

Good idea, I think I finally have a use for mine!

A Giotto rocket?

Good idea, I think I finally have a use for mine!

Spot on!

I've ordered one of the lens caps anyway, it might make a better job on the mini-e as you won't need to take the top of the dosing funnel off and then grinds go everywhere when you blow the chute with air!

L1, EK43, K30, Torr Titan, VST.

should work of with the mini e as exactly the same burr assembly unit and exit chute.

AKA Toffee chips

I just realised that I can do the air blast move with my original Mazzer hopper lid. Just lift a centimetre and then slap down.

I'm sure the drinks are excellent but to me it's like watching miss world coupled with great British menu.

Perfect whatever works, glad that people are thinking about this more as it is one of the limiting factors of a mazzer, the collapsible hopper puts quite a lot of air through the burr assembly, does the stock lid do the same?

AKA Toffee chips

Probably not as much air, plus it isn't a perfect seal, but it's enough to blast the chute cler, leaving a little stray grounds to brush up.

Greaqt idea of yours though!

I'm sure the drinks are excellent but to me it's like watching miss world coupled with great British menu.

it would be great if more members got their thoughts on the grinder section on how to mod the different commercial machines to make them more home freindly, i am trying out loads of things but there are only so meany hours in the day!!

AKA Toffee chips

I think the one thing that any doser unit needs is the capability to sweep clean. I always add a strip of self adhesive felt to one of the doser blades to allow this.

looking to make a mech that just clips over the existing veins on the mazzer

AKA Toffee chips

That would be cool. I think the material needs to be malleable in some way, but not fall to bits.

looking to make a mech that just clips over the existing veins on the mazzer

This would be a fantastic product!

<a href="https://twitter.com/grahmart" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @grahmart</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>