teastorks

What is your favourite tea and blend?

Hey Everyone

I've been thinking of starting a unique, cheaper way of selling premium tea online here in the UK and after finding some suppliers I wanted to find out what everyone's favourite teas or specialty blends are? What do you drink as an everyday tea and what is your treat.

I'll start - my everyday tea is actually a Ceylon earl grey with the odd South African rooibos thrown in. My special-tea is a Kuchipudi Masala Chai, sometimes with honey, extra milk and over ice on a hot day.

Lots of Lady Grey no milk for me. Wilkinson in Norwich do a great 'Lady in Waiting' version with orange and those blue flowers too. Looking forward to trying some of local Butterworth's Earl Grey/Lady Grey variants when my current stock runs out. Don't drink any other tea. 3 large mugs of black Lady Grey get the day off to a great start:-)

Alex Duetto Mk 4. Della Corte badged Mahlkonig K30 ES. Mahlkonig Home Vario. Aeropress. Hario Cold Brew.

Dependant on mood, if feeling like a tea with milk Assam. If black first flush Darjeeling or Earl Grey.

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

Really difficult. I love green/oolong and white tea. So difficult. Oolong always impresses me with multi-brewability. and white is so delicate and fun - pai mu tan/peony especially.

I used to have a bit of a ritual: morning pu'erh, pre-lunch dark green, lunch green. afternoon oolong or jasmine. evening white tea. after dinner Rooibos. - this was most likely on a very long day in the office when teas and coffees were best ways to chat with partners and rest the eyes.

some jasmine infused green teas really blow me away. I know at home I have a batch someone else bought a LONG while ago but is still pungent and fresh (stored properly).

Assam Mangalam from Tea Palace, if they still sell it?

I don't drink much tea these days.

PG Tips! Lovely cuppa. (I know I'm a heathen)

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Meghalaya autumn flush from Waterloo tea.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Dual Boiler™ | Sage, Mazzer Major, VST 18g, 20g, Pullman 58.4mm convex, Mahlkoenig Vario, Hario grinder, Areopress, V60-1, Chemex, Kalita Wave, impress coffee brewer

I had a couple of amazing white & yellow teas from nbtea, cant remember their names - they alerted me to the elegance of quality tea. I must start drinking it again

@garydyke1

Meghalaya autumn flush from Waterloo tea.

Same here. Fantastic cuppa.

If I stop drinking the coffee, I stop doing the standing and the walking and the words-into-sentences putting.

"Seriously, going to Starbucks for coffee is like going to prison for sex. You'll get it, but it's going to be rough" - Adam Hills

I had a couple of amazing white & yellow teas from nbtea, cant remember their names - they alerted me to the elegance of quality tea. I must start drinking it again

Have never ordered from nbtea. Do you rate them

Dual Boiler™ | Sage, Mazzer Major, VST 18g, 20g, Pullman 58.4mm convex, Mahlkoenig Vario, Hario grinder, Areopress, V60-1, Chemex, Kalita Wave, impress coffee brewer

Twinings Assam loose leaf

Mazzer Super Jolly

Aeropress

Gene Cafe Currently Roasting : Costa Rica Tarrazu

Big Red Robe,Iron Buddha and most Puerh

NME

Bosco Sorrento/Eureka Mythos/Torr Palisander XS Convex/VST 18g Ridgeless/Motta Jug/Bialetti Brikka​/FJY Syphon/Porlex/IngenuiTEA

Have never ordered from nbtea. Do you rate them

Yep . They do sample packs good value

@garydyke1

Yunnan Breakfast from James Gourmet is very nice (quite like that sainsbury's pink darjeeling too) :coffee:

Andy

Wilfa CGWS-130B | Acaia Lunar | Bonavita 1.0L | Kruve | Aeropress | Kaffeologie S

Guest guyfromdarjeeling

Till now it's Darjeeling. Love the first flush variety.

Till now it's Darjeeling. Love the first flush variety.

Is that by any chance the stuff you're trying to sell!

My everyday tea is Rooibos which I cannot start my day without. My "special" tea is a blend my grandmother came up with: 1/3 Lapsung, 1/3 Keemun and 1/3 Ceylon!

A mate of mine drinks Rooibos constantly. I kind of like it but somehow l'm always reminded of the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes (unlit!)

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

A mate of mine drinks Rooibos constantly. I kind of like it but somehow l'm always reminded of the smell of a freshly opened pack of cigarettes (unlit!)

Once you see rooibos being dried in the open air on walls where birds are flying overhead and animals are free to roam that smell makes perfect sense!

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler