Glenn

UK Coffee Map

im having this problem too, click on the link and its only showing me London..... Does anyone know of a good coffee place in Nottingham Im going for a day out on Friday?

Whilst we're talking about northern places, I've got to add Coffee Culture in York. It's a lovely place with 3 floors and there's a really good selection of coffees (and cake!), especially the cafetiere range.

Seconding that Coffee Culture is quite good!

Coffee Culture, 41 Goodramgate, York YO1 7LS

My personal favorites are The Attic, Harlequins, 2 Kings Square, City Centre, York YO1 8BH.

A real amazing place that got me into coffee and was named best in the UK!

Unfortunately limited opening hours Thursday 12-6 and Friday&Saturday 12-8

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9287761.York_coffee_shop_named_as_best_espresso_maker_in_the_UK/

Another amazing shop is Spring Espresso, 45 Fossgate, York YO1 9TF

And whenever I have time I always try get my coffee from an independent roaster York Coffee Emporium, London Ebor Business Park, Millfield Ln, Nether Poppleton, York YO26 6QY

(Feel a bit better for that now as York should now have something on the map!)

Foxes Cafe Lounge

18 Abbey Street, Carlisle

Cumbria, CA3 8TX

This is a cracker. The guys are also starting to roast their own beans. Worth the few minute walk from Carlisle Main Street - it's just behind the cathedral.

Gaggia Classic (2006 - OPV & Silvia Wand mods) , Matt Black Eureka Mignon , Made by Knock Tamper , Rhino hand grinder, Clever Coffee Dripper, Aeropress, French Press .......

Hull returned 0 results :/. There must be at least one place, apart from home where I can haz nice coffee here.....

Thieving Harry's on Humber Street are trying to do things right and have come along way in a matter of weeks, they're using beans from The Blending Room roastery in Hull.

If you can get to Bridlington please please visit Crema Espresso who are currently holding the BSA accolade for Best Latté UK ;) It's a lovely lovely place!

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

If you can get to Bridlington please please visit Crema Espresso who are currently holding the BSA accolade for Best Latté UK ;) It's a lovely lovely place!

My favourite East Coast coffee shop, Oakley has got his game totally on plan.

Ian

Minima ma ma ma Eureka Zenith

My favourite East Coast coffee shop, Oakley has got his game totally on plan.

Ian

Happy to know you've been!

I'm his little weekend helper, hope to see you in there some time. :)

Dave

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

A few additions for Cardiff:

Waterloo tea Gardens now has outposts in both Penarth and Wyndham Arcade (City centre). Both totally nailing it.

The Plan in city centre is also very decent with Trevor Hyam knocking out great shots.

Plus Caffeine Kid (Will Corby, Mercanta man) generally has a stall at Riverside Farmers Market every Sunday morning.

A new one for the map:

Eat, drink and be in Winchester. Stopped in there yesterday and it's excellent. Had a lovely shot of Winchester Coffee Roasters Synergy espresso blend and a good flat white.

Food is also excellent. If you're in the area, it's well worth a visit.

The address is:

81 High Street

Winchester

Hampshire

SO23 9AT

Chris - Twitter - Website

Modded Gaggia Classic, Mazzer Super Jolly and a kitchen full of other coffee related equipment

Has anyone been to Campbell & Syme in Finchley? I bought a bag of Kenyan (I think Kiangoi) from Federation in Brixton and it was delicious - every so slightly passed "lightly" roasted but losing no complexity (as V60 and Aeropress - I have no espresso set up).

Not been to the shop tho: http://campbellandsyme.co.uk/#

Hey all, if you're out and about in the North East| Newcastle check out The Basement Coffee House in the City. NE16UF. Serving Union Hand Roasted and currently serving their Equinox blend! Occasionally have some Has Bean in too :) great coffee, great vibe and really healthy food and some not so healthy cakes and tray bakes :)

The Basement Coffee House

Newcastle Upon Tyne

NE1 6UF

Serving Union hand roasted coffee and the occasional has bean thrown in there!

Great baristas that make a really good coffee.

Healthy food too and some not so healthy ones in the form of cake and tray bakes :)

Check them out

Ha ha maybe you should change your name to dblpostmike!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The Natural Bread Company

29 Little Clarendon Street

Oxford

OX1 2HU

Great bread and buns (cinnamon danish highly recommended) to go with very good coffee, Hasbean beans, lovely chilled atmosphere in the morning.

Londinium-R - Kafatek Monolith Flat (yes, that one) 

Googie's Art Cafe

15 Rendezvous Street

Folkestone, CT20 1EY

Really good place, had a really good Flat White from here, serving up Volcano Coffee Work coffee.

Not only that they serve up some delicious food, cakes for those who just want a little bite with their coffee or something more substantial, serving a good mix of American feel good food, I had a Big Apple Hot Dog, filthy!!! (in a good way)

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Googies/@51.080251,1.181522,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xc3175acbb393fe4f

hello, Stay Curious is a new coffee shop and cafe in Headingley, Leeds. we are using a local micro roaster, North Star Coffee and would love to be listed on your map! many thanks

• Coffee Aroma
  • 24 Guildhall Street
  • Lincoln
  • LN1 1TR
  • United Kingdom

• T: +44 (0)1522 569 892

Noyer

I see there are no cafés mentioned for the Isle of Wight and believe me i've tried a lot of them here,around 30-40 cafés and there are only a handful i'd return to. As some members may holiday here and i've noticed a few islanders that are members of this site, i thought i'd share my coffee hunt findings.

I may as well begin with the best, apologies for not knowing the exact addresses but it's a small island so these places should be easy to find.

The PO41 in Yarmouth, a stones throw from the car ferry terminal and next to the post office. A recent discovery but easily the best café i've found, perfect coffee made with union revelation coffee. They sell best carrot cake i've tried.

Tramezzini on the high street in Ventnor, nice coffee, they used bristot beans last time i visited. They also have a deli section where they sell Italian hams and cheeses.

Caffe Isola on Pyle Street Newport. Used to be my favourite but the quality of the coffee has gone a bit hit and miss now they use mostly their own Island Roasted beans, the bristot beans they used were nicer but you have to ask for that now as they push their own brand. Couple that with a 20% price increase and some of the staff being pretty ignorant, and i'm not so inclined to go there these days. Still, it's 1 of the better coffees in Newport.

Sandown train station platform has a surprisingly good coffee kiosk that sells take away bristot coffee. This is an ideal coffee pitstop if you're waiting for a train or arriving at Sandown station.

There are no good coffee making cafés in Ryde and i've tried them all except French Francks. Costa sells the best coffee here so that speaks for itself. The Chocolate Apothecary on the Esplanade was passable for coffee and is heaven for chocaholics. My advice if you're in Ryde is drink tea.

Well I've just discovered a new proper coffee shop in Windsor. It's only been there 3 months and is right at the 'other' end of Peascod St so it's taken me till now to stumble across them. Place is called Freedom Coffee. Had a nice chat with the owner. He's running 2 SJs and an LM Linea 2-group, currently offering 2 Union roasts, the natural organic Spirit blend (med) and a seasonal lighter one depending on what's around at the time, might be Revelation at the mo. Had a lovely flat white in there that was as good as any I've had in London. I think it might be the first 'speciality' coffee shop in Windsor, where in the prime shopping area you've got Esquires, Nero, Costa etc.

It's also one of the few places I've been to that, when I ask for "2 caffe lattes, and can you split the first one into mine as my girlfriend likes it milky and I like it strong" they just say "no problem" rather than having to fetch the manager!

59a St Leonards Road,*Windsor*SL4 3BX

Edited by hotmetal

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10597[/ATTACH] Bond Street Coffee Brighton

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop