Glenn

UK Coffee Map

Looks great for London but a bit sparse for the rest of the UK. How about adding the sites that all the competitors in the UKBC work. Can't believe Colonna & Smalls isn't on here for instance. The (officially) 6th best barista in the world! What about previous Champions - Hugo, from Relish, in Wadebridge? Well done London but come on rest of UK.

@Glenn - sure you have access to list of competitors?

While as a northerner I share your "theirs life outside of London" musings, I think the point of the thread is that it is developed by the forum members for cafes that we have been to and liked. That way we share our experiences and the map is personal to the forum. If you have been then request it adding, rather than compiling a list of reputations.

My locals in Bath are:

- Colonna and Smalls (6 Chapel Row, Bath)

- Society Cafe (4 & 5 Kingsmead Square, Bath, BA1 2AB)

Both awesome.

@ forzajuve... Possibly my mistake - thought it was a generic map for where you would be likely to find excellent coffee, rather than a specific forum recommends. It is a shame that the map makes it look like decent coffee is sparsely available outside of our capital when there are so many fantastic little gems throughout the country.

Can definately propose Colonna & Smalls of Bath & Relish of Wadebridge. Both excellent & talking of little gems... fantastic espresso & brew bar in Falmouth (39 Killigrew Street) called 'Espressini' really worth a visit if ever you are in Cornwall.

1 more for you (and appologies if I miss anyone else)

The Hub

Quay

St Ives

great location, right on St Ives Harbour

We Serve Independant Locally Roasted Coffee

Magnolia Cafe Bar

Lake Road

Keswick

CA12 5DQ

I'm currently in Tenby, south Wales. I did consult the coffee map before my trip but couldn't find anything near.

However I stumbled across Caffe Vista, I noticed a Mazzer grinder through the window and sampled a flat white there today, which was gorgeous, the caramel shortbread was also fantastic!

It's a lovely place that has a small balcony with 2 or 3 tables overlooking the sea.

I mentioned to the staff that I really enjoyed the coffee and would try and get them listed on the Coffee Forums coffee map!

Caffe Vista

3 Crackwell Street

Tenby

Please add asap

57e06f4a-40b2-2ff6.jpg

Coffee & Accessories available at http://TheCoffeeShop.Co

I visited three coffee shops on my recent visit to Edinburgh and would highly recommend Artisan Roast of Broughton Street who friendliness, passion and skills are second to none.

A really nice coffee in relaxed surroundings.

Also well up in my ratings and for me, only marginally second, was Brew Lab, in South College Street. Busier, they had no time for chat when I visited, but that detracted little from their fine coffee.

Dick

Edit: Grammer!

Edited by Crabro

I have visited Colonna and Smalls (6 Chapel Row, Bath) on several occasions when visiting my son who live in Bath and can confirm that it is an excellent coffee shop with fabulous baristas who really know their stuff.

Is there any reason why this map cannot be expanded to include Europe, I have just returned from an evening in Florence, some great coffe at Caffè Paszkoswski Piazza della Repubblica 35 in Florence and it immediate neighbour just across the Piazza della Repubblica Caffe Gilli. Both well worth a visit.

Paul

Alex Duetto, Mahlkonig Vario, Goldfinger Tamper, Motta Jug

Trained by Glenn!

:):):coffee::coffee:

Three worthy additions:

Hermitage Road Cafe, 21 Hermitage Rd, Hitchin, Hertfordshire SG5 1BT

Great espresso, also pour-overs, using HasBean beans.

Hot Numbers, Unit 6/Dales Brewery/Gwydir St, Cambridge CB1 2LJ

Espresso, pour-overs, vac syphons - and roasting their own beans. Also features a regular schedule of live music.

The Bushel Box Farm Shop, 130 Station Road, Willingham, CB24 5HG

Coffee is a new feature, but shaping up very well. Single group Francino machine and beans roasted by Hot Numbers in Cambridge. Very good espresso (after a little hinting), also offering single-origin filter. Chap running the coffee side of things (husband of the woman who runs the farm shop) is very keen on good coffee. He's also has a degree in physics, so has a good eye for detail. ;) Great stop for cyclists IMO, especially if doing a run along the Cambridge (Mis)Guided Busway. Great to see a little village farm shop offering coffe that isn't gritty brown swill.

Regarding the note on Massaro's - consistency could be down to the fact they don't seem to have a stable house blend? Lately they were using HasBean's Blake, but are switching to a new HasBean blend of their own this week... generally they seem to have bend changes going on fairly often. Side effect of using blends containing small-lot beans supplied by someone like HasBean? (Personally I like the fluctuations.)

Hi All,

Here are some suggestions from the South West:

Crediton Coffee, Crediton (http://www.creditoncoffee.co.uk/, 1 Market Square House, Market Street, Crediton, Devon EX17 2BN), Great roastery, coffee and cafe

Boston Tea Party (http://www.bostonteaparty.co.uk/, 84 Queen Street, Exeter EX4 3RP, Email | 01392 201 181 et al. good coffee, food. always buzzing, loads of room upstairs )

Devon Coffee (88 Queen St, Exeter, EX4 3RP), New place. Small but good coffee

The exploding Bakery (http://www.explodingbakery.com/The_Exploding_Bakery.html, 1B Central Station Buildings, Queen Street, Exeter, EX4 3SB - Tiny, but good coffee and cakes!)

Origin Coffee (http://www.origincoffee.co.uk/Origin Coffee Limited, The Roastery, Wheal Vrose Business Park, Helston, Cornwall. TR13 0FG, Great coffee!)

Hope these help!

J

Izzo Alex II, bottomless portafilter. Iberital MC2, Espresso Gear Attento Click Tamping Mat, knock tamper

Finding a good cafe around Oxford seems to be quite hard, however I've been reasonably impressed with the standard of coffee in the Missing Bean (14 Turl St, Oxford, OX1 3DQ, themissingbean.co.uk). Although small, the put some effort into the coffee they serve in my experience. Hope this helps. (Ps - I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any recommendations for cafes in Oxfordshire.)

I was going to post a thread asking if there was anywhere good to get a coffee in Bucks/Berkshire but looking at that map it doesn't look too hopeful!

Brewtus IV, MSJ, Torr 58.4 Convex, Hausgrind, V60-02, Aeropress, CCD, Bodum French press

Have to say this is also my favourite when in Oxford and I don't know of anywhere better locally.

MarkB

Alex Duetto IV, Mazzer Mini E - A, Knock heft 58.35mm tamper with 17g la marzocco vst strada basket

Finding a good cafe around Oxford seems to be quite hard, however I've been reasonably impressed with the standard of coffee in the Missing Bean (14 Turl St, Oxford, OX1 3DQ, themissingbean.co.uk). Although small, the put some effort into the coffee they serve in my experience. Hope this helps. (Ps - I'd be interested to hear if anyone has any recommendations for cafes in Oxfordshire.)

Due to re-open on the first of march is a lovely coffee shop at the acorn nursery on the Milton road Stadhampton, not only do they serve great coffee but also some fantastic home cooking.

http://www.acornplants.co.uk/cafe.htm

Just noticed there is nothing for Sheffield!

tamper 9 Westfield Terrace

Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 4GH

and

tamper Arundel St

Sheffield, South Yorkshire S1 2N

Upshot Espresso 355 Glossop Rd

City Centre

Sheffield S10 2HP

Bragazzis 220-226 Abbeydale Rd

Sheffield S7 1FL

Marmadukes Cafe Del 22 Norfolk Row

Sheffield S1 2PA

RED Gaggia Classic with OPV adjusted and Silvia wand added, Gaggia MDF grinder (50mm burrs) with stepless mod, 58mm naked portafilter and Made-by-knock 58mm simple tamper, Wilfa Grinder, Aeropress with Kaffeologie S-filter, THE BEAST: Not yet RED Massive Titan 84mm burrset Gaggia MD-85 in repair...

Great idea.. being new to the site and the world of coffee thought I would check it out. Low and behold it seems my local coffee house and the reason behind my new found love is not there so please add.. and go and try!

No.35 Coffee House and Kitchen

35 High West Street

Dorchester

Dorset

DT1 1UP