Glenn

UK Coffee Map

The best (and now the most up-to-date map) place to get added to is http://philwbass.wordpress.com/2010/02/14/londons-best-coffee-a-map/

Phil, an avid coffee drinker (and forum member too) keeps this map up to date

I'm not sure the other one is now as comprehensive

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I'll pop in next time I'm in Brick Lane. Almost all the places on my map I've visited myself - those I haven't - I have my sources! ; ) Look forward to visiting!

A cool place is Urban coffee company in Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter. Last time I was there, they were experimenting with an unusual espresso blend that didn't work so well, but they are really passionate about their coffee!!

Good to see Laynes Espresso on there in Leeds.

If you are ever in Leeds, you should definitely visit Laynes. They are using Square Mile at the moment. They also have the best customer service i have ever seen in a coffee shop.

Regards

Chris

La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi, Brasilia Roma Cappuccino, Mazzer Super Jolly, Iberital MC2, v60, Dulait Grinder, Pullman Barista Tamper (Australian Oak), 53mm Motta Tamper

Work

La Marzocco FB80, La Cimbali Magnum

Christie's Deli

5 Southfield Drive

Elgin

IV30 6GR

Espresso - lovely espresso...... and chips (if you want).

Al

Gaggia Classic | Iberital MC2 | Bottomless Portafilter

Can you please add on Bewiched Coffee House please -

Bewiched Coffee House, 28 church street, wellingborough, nn8 4pa

Thanks Matt

Birmingham,

Eastside Cafe, http://eastsidecafe.co.uk/

Brewsmiths, http://www.facebook.com/brewsmiths

Saint Cafe, http://www.saintcaffe.com/

Urban Coffee Co, http://www.urbancoffee.co.uk/emporiums/birmingham-church-street/

All make great coffee and have been reviewed elsewhere on the site.

Arrarex Caravel, Lido 3, Mainly brewed

Hello wehave just open our coffee house in old street, central london.

Could you please add our detail too?

Indulge Coffee

38 old Street

London

EC1V 9EA

THANKS

Max

Hi guys,

We have been importing our Sicilian coffee to the UK for the last 2 years.

Just joined the forum last week and noticed this great idea so if you could add our office address we would be chuffed!

Caffe Ginevra UK

4 West Road

Prudhoe

Northumberland

NE42 6HP

Thank you!

Best bet head North East a bit towards Soho where there's several decent cafes - of which I've been to two, Flat White and Fernandez & Wells. Both good coffee.

You also have Taylor St. Baristas on Brooks Mews or Speakeasy (my current favorite) just off Carnaby Street.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Compak K3 Touch, Fracino Cherub, VST 15g & 18g filter baskets, Reg Barber Tamper (58.4mm flat and 58mm c-flat)

Baratza Virtuoso with Esatto attachment, Hario Buono, V60, Kalita Wave, Chemex, Aeropress, Porlex Mini

If we can go OT for a mo', Third_degreee how come the moniker...inspired by Sheila Ferguson or Eddie Boyd?

Edited by MWJB

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

If we can go OT for a mo', Third_degreee how come the moniker...inspired by Flo Ballard or Eddie Boyd?

No reason really for the choice of moniker. Just a common saying and added an extra "e" to it!

for Newcastle add Pink lane coffee, Pink Lane, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1, 9Bar Coffee, Grey Street Newcastle NE1, sadly remove piccolo as has been forced to close due to persistant ill health. also I will keep you updated on what could be another up and coming place in Jesmond

Lots of brewing equipment</A>

Looks great for London but a bit sparse for the rest of the UK. How about adding the sites that all the competitors in the UKBC work. Can't believe Colonna & Smalls isn't on here for instance. The (officially) 6th best barista in the world! What about previous Champions - Hugo, from Relish, in Wadebridge? Well done London but come on rest of UK.

@Glenn - sure you have access to list of competitors?