Hey all,

Just a post to introduce myself and how I have come about being on the forum.

I am currently a quantity surveyor working in Interior construction in Northern Ireland but I have had a strong interest in hospitality and in particular the food and beverage end for all my adult life. For the past 14 years I have worked in bars and restaurants and over the last 5/6 years I have developed a massive love for coffee and the environments coffee shops breed.

With the above in mind I have aspirations of opening my own coffee shop. Having spent a bit of time reading through the various topics on the forum, it has become very apparent that this is not going to be an easy task. Naively I felt this would not be that difficult but I would love to do it properly and with this in mind I have decided to change my plan of attack.

Having spent a bit of time in the town I live in, it has become apparent that the Saturday trade is very much a false reflection of that during the week (this is often the case but in ours in particular it is a massive contrast) and with this in mind I have decide to broaden my search to neighbouring towns in an effort to find the right location.

Without going into my whole overall idea, I guess in summary I am going to work on a business plan once I decide on my location and work everything round that making sure I really carryout my research in an effort to make a proper go of the business.

Hopefully through the forum and the advice of others I will be able to work towards my goal and in turn the community on here can either see my succeed of fail!

Anyway, look forward to the challenge and keep up the good work on the forum, it is a fantastic resource.

Martin

Welcome to the forums Martin :good:

Do you have any home equipment at the moment?

Andy

Wilfa CGWS-130B | Acaia Lunar | Bonavita 1.0L | Kruve | Aeropress | Kaffeologie S