3 hours ago, Nightrider_1uk said:

Err no it's not. Tried to buy it myself the conversation went like this .

Don't suppose you travel to Norwich for work or something at the moment? Just thinking I have one with a PID that I hadn't been looking to sell, but if it's somebody nearby then I might (in other words, cannot be bothered with couriers).   It's in the loft, so I'd have to check it out and run a few test shots etc.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

such a shame i missed it!

More of a gloat, but persuaded my skeptical friend to spend £20 on the below, after a quick clean and de-scale it's running perfectly! https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/gaggia-classic-espresso-cof

Seriously just but the one from @Hasiits in lovely condition and has the right upgrades and a tamper, he is very reliable as well

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, AndyDClements said:

Don't suppose you travel to Norwich for work or something at the moment? Just thinking I have one with a PID that I hadn't been looking to sell, but if it's somebody nearby then I might (in other words, cannot be bothered with couriers).   It's in the loft, so I'd have to check it out and run a few test shots etc.

Thanks Andy. What are the details and how much do you want for it, My daughter lives in Norwich I could get her to collect and then hang on to it for me.

1 hour ago, AndyDClements said:

I'll dig it out over the next couple of days, check it out, then think about price as I really don't recall what condition it's in cosmetically. 

Cheers Andy. I don't mind if it needs work, I'm capable of doing it.  What water do you use in it, Norwich (like Lowestoft ) is a hard water area

I wouldn't say it's hard but it's measured by lumps not ml. It was filtered water (filters didn't last long) you can soon tell they're failing as the kettle starts to cloud on the base. It would probably have been cheaper to only use bottled water.

3 hours ago, AndyDClements said:

I wouldn't say it's hard but it's measured by lumps not ml. It was filtered water (filters didn't last long) you can soon tell they're failing as the kettle starts to cloud on the base. It would probably have been cheaper to only use bottled water.

I recon bottled water is what I will use.

18 hours ago, AndyDClements said:

I'll dig it out over the next couple of days, check it out, then think about price as I really don't recall what condition it's in cosmetically. 

Hi Andy, Please drop me a PM when you've sorted it and thought of a price. I not want some eagle eyed person beating me too it before I've seen the message :-)). Thanks 

On 15/05/2020 at 10:12, Tacitus said:

Has anyone ordered from Gaggia UK Direct before? Are they trustworthy?

I'm thinking about buying a new Classic from them, but I'm wondering about how good their warranty services are.

Thanks!

They're the official importer, and formerly Gaggia UK. I'd say pretty trustworthy.

Gear:

Gaggia Baby 2001, Gaggia Color 2007, Delonghi Dedica, Severin grinder, Marcfi badged Compak K6 2004

Sent from my grinder using smoke signals.

As someone who has a Nespresso machine, but is enjoying nice coffee From a local specialty coffee shop in a cafetière and wants a quality, inexpensive machine to be able to make espresso with nice coffee, I assume I wouldn’t be going too far wrong with the Gran Gaggia Prestige or Gran Gaggia Deluxe from the Gaggia Direct UK website?

Posted (edited)

Trying to upgrade from my dedica to one of these atm but price has definitely shot up lately with the lockdown 

Edited by DB4193
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...