Glenn

Best Price for a Gaggia Classic

Looks like that company has gone bust sadly.. shame as would have been up for that price!!

Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Can't add anything to basket, phone number is dead and the Facebook link doesn't work either!

Sage DB | Ceado E37S | MBK 585 |

Try the gaggia shop, theirs one in northampton.

Ours was £229.00

NOS New old stock.

Pre 2015 Gaggia Classic, OPV Mod, Rachio Silva wand mod. Motta 58mm Tamper, Expobar HC-600-ODG Grinder Ghetto modded

Everything Else Stock but could be tempted with a gauge and PID.

Retired = Modded Grundwerk Hand Grinder.

(O)= I =(O)

Can't add anything to basket, phone number is dead and the Facebook link doesn't work either!

Also companies' house shows Deluxe Product as having dissolved as of Sept 2014

Amazon are doing both models, reasonably priced.

Pre 2015 Gaggia Classic, OPV Mod, Rachio Silva wand mod. Motta 58mm Tamper, Expobar HC-600-ODG Grinder Ghetto modded

Everything Else Stock but could be tempted with a gauge and PID.

Retired = Modded Grundwerk Hand Grinder.

(O)= I =(O)

Also companies' house shows Deluxe Product as having dissolved as of Sept 2014

Obviously I hadn't tried to buy from Deluxe Products, so was only going on the info presented by Pricespy. I've left suitable feedback for them regarding out of date listings (though being a largely automated process I guess it's a huge task monitoring every data source).

However, I note today they are showing the lowest price as £204 for a pre-2015 model from Coffee Direct (an Amazon seller). I tried a dummy purchase & it will at least add to the shopping basket.

Ordered and received one of these new listings on Amazon (now down to £185). I can confirm it has the aluminium boiler, solenoid, metal spouted portafilter etc. Perfect crema baskets annoyingly, but that's not a huge issue.

Edit: NB - this post is about a newly purchased *2014* model, ordered after a new (re)listing on amazon after ~1month of unavailability.

Ordered and received one of these new listings on Amazon (now down to £185). I can confirm it has the aluminium boiler, solenoid, metal spouted portafilter etc. Perfect crema baskets annoyingly, but that's not a huge issue.

Hmmm, interesting. At that price I may be tempted to abandon the 2nd hand search and go for a new one. I'm assuming these are now being seen as 'old' stock and are reduced in favour of the 2015 (SS boiler) model.

What's the model No?

How many watts is the boiler?

Was it free delivery

At one point I believe a 2 year warranty was included. Is that still the case?

Edited by Daily_Grind

Hmmm, interesting. At that price I may be tempted to abandon the 2nd hand search and go for a new one. I'm assuming these are now being seen as 'old' stock and are reduced in favour of the 2015 (SS boiler) model.

What's the model No?

How many watts is the boiler?

Was it free delivery

At one I believe a 2 year warranty was included. Is that still the case?

Machine is now at my partner's flat in a different city, so I will try to follow up on these questions with confirmations, but...

Model # listed on amazon was RI8161 and to the best of my knowledge this is correct.

Boiler power - will have to wait to inspect machine

I ordered Thursday and wanted the machine Friday so paid £7.99 for next-day delivery. Order was offered with free super saver delivery (3-4 days estimate I think).

Warranty booklet was included, but I haven't looked to see the duration.

Sorry these aren't more complete right now...

Edit: These details are about the 2014 model (to the best of my knowledge). This post has been moved from the thread 'best price of a gaggia classic' because the surrounding posts were discussing the 2015 model.

Mods - Discussion seems to have drifted to the 2015 model specifics. Whilst not directly relavant to this thread it's interesting stuff of course (and likely to build up) May be good reason for setting up a new thread & moving them over perhaps?

All discussion on features of of the new 2015 model moved

here...

http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?21938-2015-gaggia-pro-and-cons&p=261839#post261839

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

My last two posts, now in the new thread, were both about a 2014 model (to the best of my knowledge), recently purchased from amazon and trying to confirm details about what appears to be a low (clearance?) price for the old stock.

Moderating - must be a thankless task on occasions :rolleyes: but, could you transfer back the two posts from daveponeill and one from me near the begining of the new thread? Ta

Yes it is..:)

ive copied them across to this thread ( there are now in both )

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Yes it is..:)

ive copied them across to this thread ( there are now in both )

Many thanks for cleaning up and returning some cohesion to what was approaching a messy thread!

Managed to pick up one from amazon for £172. Well it was through flubit while amazon had it at £185. Mixed reviews about how they deal with returns etc as you no longer dealing directly with amazon but figured it was a good price and still have manufaturers warrenty.

Worth a look for you bargan hunters.

Second that. Buy the previous model from Amazon new at a bargain price or buy one of the many pre-loved ones available through the forum. You would ultimately say to yourself why didn't I do that ? the new model is lower powered and has some inferior parts compared to previous models.

Gaggia Classic with OPV mod and Steam wand mod Mazzer mini French Press Aeropress

And auto shuts off after 9 mins

Inferior parts how? Any particular model number? Amazon have the RI8161. Is that ok? I thought i was good with coffee but coming here has made me realise i know nothing. Lol. Time to learn i guess

Yes, the RI8161 is the older model which has all the right parts and is modifiable (if required)

Buying via this link supports the forum too

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements