Glenn

Best Price for a Gaggia Classic

Amazon Warehouse has some great prices on Gaggia Classics

These are mainly damaged boxes or customer returns

Many machines are brand new and in perfect order

Please be aware that new 2015 models no longer have a solenoid , as of yet a workaround has not been found for the OPV mod for these new machines ( Jan 2015 )

For the best price click here

Edited by Mrboots2u

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I got one of these last week. The box hadn't even been opened unless they had resealed it!

Works perfectly.

I got one last week too. Box unopened, the corner of the box was slightly squashed but the machine was completely band new.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Just ordered one of the 'Like New' models for £128. Will let you know what it looks like when it turns up.

Unit turned up yesterday and I unboxed it last night. Looks to me like the box was damaged but the seal was still in place. Unit was clean and undamaged inside with all accessories and protective plastic sheeting intact. Nice to get an extra little discount to put towards a tamper. Here are some pics.

Shareef.

_MG_4159.jpg

_MG_4157.jpg

_MG_4158.jpg

Thanks for the unboxing pics Shareef.

Enjoy your new Gaggia Classic from Amazon

I've pretty much decided on a Gaggia Classic as my first "proper" machine and am going to get one from Amazon Warehouse @ £126.00,advertised as having damaged packaging.

As others have said,I'll let you know after delivery.

Just recieved my classic today and it was one of the used ones of amazon.my gaggia was brand new and still sealed in box.just had a slight dent in corner of box

To save scrolling - here's the link again Discounted Gaggia Classics

I have gone for one of the £116 like new ones, really chuffed to be getting something I always wanted.

I have gone for one of the £116 like new ones, really chuffed to be getting something I always wanted.

my first post on here & I have done the same, ordered the £116 like new ones at the weekend & is currently in transit, already received my espresso starter pack from Has Bean before I found this place, looks like I have a lot to read before starting it up

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum, though I've been peeking for about a week as a guest, this is a gold mine of helpful info and a bunch of friendly folk, what more can you want? Thanks Glenn for sorting my registration problem out.

*Right* my Russell Hobbs Caffee Torino {yes laugh away} died a week or so ago, seals gone and replacements don't seem available, it lasted 3- 4 years ... SO now the time has come, the quest for a second hand(?) Gaggia Classic ... I've been looking on ebay (of course) ... but now after reading this thread I am a bit confused, I thought the old Gaggia Classics were the ones to try and get hold of as the news ones aren't made as well/ not in Italy anymore.

The older classics have a proper Gaggia badge whilst the newer ones Gaggia is just printed on the front, yes?

If I understand correctly the Gaggia Selecta Deluxe is to be avoided as while it looks very similar it doesn't have the 3 solenoids, right?

Any advice/ info really would be gratefully received ... oh and ideally I have around 100 quid budget.

Tony

Hi Tony - welcome to the forum. You're right about there being loads of very helpful folk who can answer your questions. Gaggia were acquired by Philips in 2009 - the only difference is that, from 2009, the Classic has a slightly difference three way solenoid. If you are looking on Ebay, you might find Classics going for inflated prices. If you can pick one up for around £50-£60, make sure it's been properly looked after - descaled and backflushed. Forum members will answer any queries you have. But you might want to think about a new one from Amazon Warehouse - comes with peace of mind warranty and prices can be not that much more than second hand Ebay ones. If you go for a new one, ditch the pressurised portafilter basket and get an ordinary one - don't cost much. Good luck.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Thanks for the reply The Systemic Kid ... I think my mind is now made up to buy a new Gaggia Classic, just a matter of waiting to catch one on Amazon's Warehouse place, there was an offer a couple of days ago £117, but I dithered too long and I guess there was only one, by the time I came back it was sold ... and ta for the basket tip, I had read about that before ... I would 'Thank' you if I could work out how to do it!! Well fingers crossed for a new Gaggia soon, all the best ...

Tony, you may need 5 posts to Thank someone. The Thanks button will appear beneath each post

I sold my Gaggia Classic (with the Rancilio steam wand mod) on eBay last Sunday for £127 plus delivery.

I'm even more convinced now that I got a really good price. I knew that Amazon were offering discounted units but didn't appreciate that they are now that cheap.

~~~~~

Ian

Fracino Cherub, Eureka Mignon grinder, empty bank account.

I sold my Gaggia Classic (with the Rancilio steam wand mod) on eBay last Sunday for £127 plus delivery.

I'm even more convinced now that I got a really good price. I knew that Amazon were offering discounted units but didn't appreciate that they are now that cheap.

Punters on Ebay have no idea at times - I got £115.00 for a Classic just before Christmas - no Rancilio steam wad - it amazed me but I wasn't complaining. :coffee:

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

My "Used - Good" Gaggia Classic (Amazon Warehouse price £103) arrived a couple of days ago. The box was unopened and undamaged, everything inside the box was in original packaging and brand spanking new.

think I got a bit of a bargain for my first machine!

You sure did Bruntino.

Welcome to Coffee Forums UK

I bought mine from Amazon Warehouse - 'used - Good' and it was in mint condition. It was only the box which was slightly damaged.

I paid the grand total of £93.50 which I was VERY happy with!