Glenn

New Members - please read this first

Hahaha! When you get to the bottom, remember to check that those things that look like lightly roasted beans actually are coffee. That rabbit might still be in there!!

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Hi Guys,

I joined the forum recently and found this sticky MASSIVELY helpful. I've just purchased, stripped down and serviced/descaled my 2001 1475w Classic and am utterly stoked with the results. Came over from the dark side of pods after being a bit disgusted with myself in regard of the amount of plastic wastage. The side effect of this move is I am now drinking coffee of a far better quality than I can purchase anywhere near me. Thanks for such a great pool of knowledge. Decent grinder next ... :eek: £££

New member here from Hull and you have converted me and just ordered Gaggia Classic 2015 to upgrade from basic expresso machine. Also ordered a burr grinder too so can dive in and have fun.

This is a really fantastic resource!!

Am relatively new to the forum and am reading with interest.

Next project for me is courses to increase knowledge. Has anyone here done the scae diploma /courses or recommend a good place to start? (For 'enthusiast' rather than prof)

Hi All,

I've just joined the forum. I've had my Gaggia Classic with Iberital MC2 grinder for around 5 years now. I think I'm getting the best coffee I can with my current setup. I was looking to do the PID upgrade on it, but seeing the cost of the kits, I thought it might be better to save the money towards a better machine. The guide at the top of this page is quite good. It was easy to decide on the Classic, but when you start looking at HX and dual boiler machines, there is so much more choice, it's really hard to know what to go for.

I've only recently joined this forum and found this post very useful. I'm only at the very start of my coffee adventure so there were a number of points i didn't know before. Thanks.

As a newbie looking for an espresso machine, this is more than helpful as an introduction. Thank you.

Kinu M47 Traveler, VST 18g Ridgeless Basket, Vesuvius, Osmio Zero, Acaia Lunar, Nanopresso, Hario Mini-Slim, Nespresso Pixie

Hi All! First off - I gotta come clean, I can't drink coffee. Yup, I'm missing out on the whole coffee-ecosystem deal :( HOWEVER... I am a self confessed tea addict who has whittled away many an hour drinking tea on the companies time rather than typing and doing what I'm supposed to do. So with that in mind, and given that there is limited forums discussing the love of tea, I was wondering if I might get a bit of help and direction on importing tea to the UK? I have successful environmental consultancy which has provided a roof over my head, however I have always had the urge to import tea into the UK. Aside from the obvious customs issues with Brexit, are there any major pitfalls I should be aware of before embarking on my tea importing journey? Any advice would be appreciated! Your time won't be wasted as this idea is going to happen - its been brewing for a long time, so I'm determined to have a go!!