Glenn

New Members - please read this first

Think the White Glove service is offered for both the Sage DB and The Oracle? Don't think it is for machines lower down the range though?

https://www.sageappliances.co.uk/whitegloveservice

Just read it, thanks. What a pity, really. Understandable though.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Great post for beginners like me, although my Italian friends would shudder at the very last paragraph: cappuccino at a dinner party? Unthinkable!

Thorsten

My gear: Sage The Oracle Touch; Gaggia Classic, Eureka Mignon mk2; Rhinowares hand grinder, Kalita Wave, Brewista kettle, Aeropress, diverse moka pots

My coffee: Owens Coffee, Hasbean subscription,Crankhouse, this & that if it looks tasty

Great guide, thank you Glenn

Subjectivity is a central philosophical concept, related to consciousness, agency, personhood, amount spent, reality and truth which has been defined by various sources.

Just joined this forum and boy is there so much to learn. I bought a Europiccola in 2002 and couldnt really get the quality of cappucino that i hoped but with no other help i gave up with it and put it in the garage to be replaced by a nespresso set up. Been very happy with nespresso & aerocinno (I can feel readers shuddering) because of its ease of use and consistency. I have now retired (so have more time on my hands) and want to have another go with the Europiccola just as soon as i replace the seals in the headgear. Im now looking for a grinder (it needs to look good if im allowed to have it in the kitchen) and at the moment trying to decide if the Eurika Mignon mk2 is the one for me.

Thanks for the guide at least It appears i have a reasonable starter coffee machine (once i have sorted the seals)

Greetings,

Just joined the forums, hoping to learn more from you guys to make coffee taste even better!

Tassimo, Delongi ECAM Bean to Cup. The next machine will be based on what I can learn from you guys.

Rocket R58 V2, Mazzer Royal ( Ti Burrs ), 6 Cup Chemex, 6 Cup Venus Moka. Bonavita Drip Scales & Temp Controlled Goose Neck Kettle

Great info as I didn't understand the difference between the heat exchanger and the double boiler. Now I do!

Nice guide. Just joined have a gaggia classic and Mazzer Superjolly grinder. Going to Bellabarista shortly to look at 'expensive' coffee machines. Found this forum in the last week it is great.Huge amount of info on all things coffee. It is very like my 'other' forum tirnahifi

Edited by tonerei

Vesuvius, Mazzer Major Doserless, Genecafe, Push Tamper,Motta Leveller, Cheap scales

Thanks a lot for the info. I'm just looking to get an espresso machine. The guide has definitely helped me understand what kind of machines I should look at.

Thanks for such a detailed guide Glenn. This was the first post I have read on the forum, so a good start!

Does anyone have any experience with or views on the Sage Dual Boiler espresso machines? They are priced at around £1000.

Thanks for such a detailed guide Glenn. This was the first post I have read on the forum, so a good start!

Does anyone have any experience with or views on the Sage Dual Boiler espresso machines? They are priced at around £1000.

Welcome,

They are generally well regarded on here. Do you have a grinder yet?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Hi,

Thank you. Yes I have Dualit electric grinder which is great for aeropress etc but not sure if it can grind find enough for espresso - what are your thoughts?