@crazyp Welcome to the forum. It can seem expensive, but the equipment lasts a very long time (decades) and usually doesn't need much maintenance. So over the long term it's not as expensive as it might seem.

Now upgraditis.......that's a different thing entirely.

• Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Choosing an Domestic Espresso Machine An espresso machine has a seemingly simple task - to pump water through ground coffee at a temperature of around 93˚c and a pressure of 9 bar in 20 to 30 sec

Buy some 0.1g scales so you can weigh out your coffee doses & the beverage weight on the drip tray. Grind into a cup/pot/dry milk jug, make sure you have 18.0g for a double, 11.0g for a singl

@Charlie69 Welcome to the forum, we have some experts here that will sort you out in no time. @MWJB

Hi everyone I have just joined the forum, so just posting to say hello.

I’m just starting my journey and enjoying the posts on here and learning a lot. Hoping to invest in some (modest) kit soon!

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hi!

What setup would you recommend for £5k all-in?

My wife and I make ~8 lattes per day and need equipment that will last. Ideally something easy to use for both: I don't mind setting it all up, but would like the wife to be able to make a latte easily, a "set-and-forget" setup.

We currently have Oracle Touch and it just failed after 9 months.

Edited by igr

Hi there,

New to this forum so just wanted to say hello to you all. I drink a mix of pour over, espresso and latte drinks. Preference for medium / light roasts but I like like to experiment and learn.

I'm a former owner of a Sage Barista Express and recently upgraded to the Lelit Mara X / Eureka Specialita combo. V60 / Comandante C40 for pour over. Looking forward to learning more and contributing where I can.

Dave