• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Choosing an Domestic Espresso Machine An espresso machine has a seemingly simple task - to pump water through ground coffee at a temperature of around 93˚c and a pressure of 9 bar in 20 to 30 sec

@Charlie69 Welcome to the forum, we have some experts here that will sort you out in no time. @MWJB

Hi guys, Lurking for a few weeks... almost ignored this completely and bought the Nemox grinder and Gaggia classic grinder bundle straight from the internet. But after reading around here I figur

Hello, I'm a new member, looking to upgrade my DeLonghi Esam to a Gaggia Classic and grinder.

Basically working on my post count until I can use the wanted section.

I'm also a 90% decaf guy. There, I said it. And I don't care either. 

Narrowly missed a Classic Gold on eBay last week, which went for nearly £190.

Then I realised there are better deals to be had. Saw a Classic and MC2 that went on gumtree last december for less than £200. If only I'd known..

I've spent a decent amount of time fiddling with my DeLonghi. While I thought it was half-decent for a cortado, when I started tasting the naked espresso, it was bitter as hell, and I couldn't make that go away.

I'd bought what I thought were good beans - all decaf and with good reviews on Amazon. But now I see I need to get them as freshly roasted as possible.

There's a roastery (?) near me, horsebox coffee, so I think I'll try them.

My main long-term favourite for decaf is Waitrose Peruvian. And I've tried a few.

Anyone else here mostly decaf, and have you found any killer beans??

Currently drinking Illy decaf, ground in my Hario and Aeropressed. Tastes okay with milk and sugar, but still bitter naked. 

Opened the beans yesterday. They must pack them in nitrogen, right? Is it the beans??

Really good overview of different machine types - thanks very much. Currently got a Rancilio Silvia V5 and Rocky but looking to upgrade this imminently. Fancy the Leita marax and possibly a eureka mignon specialita. Amazing how quickly upgraditis sets in!

Looking at purchasing a Sage DTP or Dual Boiler, looking forward to experimenting. I will spend more money on a grinder as I have read a decent grinder is far more important than the machine itself. 

Good morning everyone from a newbie who has become thoroughly confused over watching youtube video after youtube video!  Was looking to get a sage bambino but the prices and availability seem to have rapidly shifted.  Now thinking of Sage DTP.  Mostly want espressos and Americans but also don't want to wait 10 minutes and more mins for boilers to heat up, and of course delicate kitchen space negotiations to manage with SWMBO where the UN may need to step in.  Off to the Sage forum but wanted to say hello from East Sussex!  Be safe everyone. 

Thank you for this! Really helpful first thread to see for someone who is just about to start their journey into real coffee. Now to find the right starter machine and from what I am already reading the inevitable upgrades in the future 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have been lurking a little while on here after falling down a massive coffee rabbit hole during lockdown! 

I genuinely didn't realise there was so much to it, I love the science behind it and find it quite addictive. Thought I'd introduce myself and say hi! I have loads of questions but I've found most of the answers on here so I'll hold out for now! 

Look forward to getting more involved with the coffee community

Rob

• Like 1