For Sale: my Canon 50mm f/1.8 lens

Good condition. It is used so not in showroom condition, but optically no issues at all

No fungus and I haven't noticed any dust on images

This items will be packed carefully for shipping but doesn't come in an original box

There is no warranty

The only reason I am selling is that I have invested in a 1.4.

£50 plus £5 postage

Alternatively I can meet in London Saturday morning to deliver

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I had the 1.8 and made the same step to the 1.4 - it was one of my favourite lenses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

Lens still available.

No rush to sell as I can lend it out to friends when required

Mmmmm. 50mm 1.4

Jealous!

Rocket Appartamento | Mahlkonig Vario | 58mm Rocket tamper | AeroPress | VST 18g basket | HappyDonkey Bottomless PortaFilter

1.4 is an insane step up for the 1.8 both in build and optical qualities - when I used to have my cropped 7d id pretty much have the 1.4 mounted all the time.

Londinium 1 - Rocket Giotto Evoluzione - Victoria Arduino Mythos - Mahlkönig K30 Vario

Hario V60 Decanter - V60 01 Ceramic - Hario Mini Mill Slim - Bodum FP

I've got to admit. My 1.8 very rarely is off the front of mine since I got it, then again it's been minging weather so I've hardly been outside with it. Maybe it'll change when I get doing some landscapes.

Show me an example of your 1.4 in action.

8339684352_34f3ab1fbf_b.jpg

IMG_1087 by ChimpsInTies, on Flickr

8360498565_41f44e9a69_b.jpg

IMG_1373-2 by ChimpsInTies, on Flickr

8361561378_ecf662080e_b.jpg

IMG_1369 by ChimpsInTies, on Flickr

Rocket Appartamento | Mahlkonig Vario | 58mm Rocket tamper | AeroPress | VST 18g basket | HappyDonkey Bottomless PortaFilter

Will upload some images after this weekend if all goes well. I'm taking my 50mm 1.4 for a walk.

50mm 1.8 now sold

This is probably a decent example an old photo though and is isn't portraiture http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7023013/?s6 - should have sharpened it more effectively but meh it was a while ago that's on my old 5d mk2 - i think this one http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/268492_10150244234512365_4613180_n.jpg is 7D 50mm with a pretty low f stop also.

I need to take more photos, I promise to get the 100mm Macro L teamed with my 5d mk3 when my naked PF & VST basket arrives

Dont get me wrong the 1.8 is great value but if/when you upgrade to the 1.4 you'll realise alot of subtleties.

£50 quid its practically a crime not to buy it if you havent already got one!

Londinium 1 - Rocket Giotto Evoluzione - Victoria Arduino Mythos - Mahlkönig K30 Vario

i have one myself as a kind of low light emergency. When pushing the last couple of stops without using a flash or IS really matters.

Most of the time i can get away with using my 24-70 2.8 with or without a flash, but the 1.8 is great for just the odd time where you need a bit more. As I use it so so rarely, i wouldnt spend the extra on the 1.4 myself.

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

Glad you got it sold Glenn ! Of course I agree that primes are brill for emergencies but I tend to use them a lot because I find a lot of shots I take with zoom lenses are just snapshots - zooms make you lazy when it comes to composition and when I get lazy I take snapshots not photographs.