seeq

Mugs!!

I know this has come up a load of times, but things change! About time I replace my set of flat white mugs..... Any recommendations? With pictures for a bonus :)

Cheers

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

Those are stunning, really fancy buying a full set for the studio but can't justify :-( may just get a couple to play with!

Michael

Fun in a Cup Coffee Training

ooooh never seen them before! I love 5 / 5.5 oz cups will pick me up one or two of them!! :D

Same cups we use at work. Really nice to pour into. Also, nice to drink from! :)

La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi, Brasilia Roma Cappuccino, Mazzer Super Jolly, Iberital MC2, v60, Dulait Grinder, Pullman Barista Tamper (Australian Oak), 53mm Motta Tamper

Work

La Marzocco FB80, La Cimbali Magnum

Very very nice.... Now just need to convince myself (and the wife) that over £7 per cup is worth it! :D

Modded Fracino Heavenly | Eureka Zenith 65e | 15g/18g VST's | Made By Knock 58.35mm Tamper | Torr 58.4mm Tamper | AeroPress | V60 | NotNeutral Mugs | A cupboard full of stuff

Buy the set of six and works out at just over £5 per cup :-)

Espresso: Quick Mill Verona

Grinder: Mythos and loving it

Tampers: Reg Barber flat 58.35

Another option would be one of these:

http://www.coffeehit.co.uk/ancap-competition-cappuccino-cup-saucer-150ml/p919

I bought one and really like it for a flat white - reassuringly thick and lovely to pour into and drink from. My only (small) complaint is that I can't fit my fingers into it easily to hold it by the handle...no big deal though as the whole thnig fits nicely in the hand.

The notneutral ones look great too though, and I'm tempted by one of their 8oz latte cups myself. Think it might go on my letter to Santa.

Fracino Piccino - Eureka Mignon - 17g LM basket - 58.35mm Madebyknock tamper - Aeropress - Bodum FP

I hate cups that you can't fit your finger through!

Just ordered 6x6oz notneutral cups :-)

Michael

I'm hating you all! I may have to borrow some money from MasterCard :D

Got to the studio this morning to find a box waiting for me... :D

6uba2egy.jpg

Michael

So pretty. Are they worth the price?

Its not just the asthetics which attracts me, but, (particularly for espresso and brewed coffee) the effect on mouth-feel & taste.

I have some old Illy espresso cups which make espresso much more enjoyable than the Has Bean tulip style ones I have. Like the Notneutral cups the bottoms are completely rounded with a thicker rim, which somehow improves taste and mouth-feel.

@garydyke1

So pretty. Are they worth the price?

I'd say yes. I feel that the price of decent quality cups is too high generally though. These cups are beautiful to look at, lovely to drink from and hold and pour into!

Mine arrived at work today, been on off with the flu the last few days but will be back in there tomorrow hitting these cups up with some Red Brick flat whites :D

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOO BAD FOR MY BANK BALANCE!!!!!!!

thanks

I'll try and keep them quiet and act surprised when someone notices my cups are different! I'm not spending anyone elses money or spending what I don't have but I do end up having to defend my heinous spending on a daily basis!!

Edited by Outlaw333

@Dr_Strangebean

I'm tempted by some of these. I'm never sure about saucers. I only use them for guests which inevitably means I'm digging around in the cupboard for them when someone comes round.

I'm thinking about two of the larger ones as I have the d'ancap 150ml cups for small cappuccinos.

Roy & Alex & The Maestro & Herman ze Hausgrind

YOU GUYS ARE SOOOOOOO BAD FOR MY BANK BALANCE!!!!!!!

thanks

I'll try and keep them quiet and act surprised when someone notices my cups are different! I'm not spending anyone elses money or spending what I don't have but I do end up having to defend my heinous spending on a daily basis!!

Hahaha, I totally know that feeling! I've put them on my santa list, possibly a bit late, so if they don't arrive I shall buy some in the new year. I spent the money on a new steam valve instead as that has needed replacing for the last year!

I'm tempted by some of these. I'm never sure about saucers. I only use them for guests which inevitably means I'm digging around in the cupboard for them when someone comes round.

I'm thinking about two of the larger ones as I have the d'ancap 150ml cups for small cappuccinos.

I went for a case of the 6oz/180's too for exactly the same reason, I even only intended on buying a pair myself but when I reaslised 6 wasn't all that much more money I took a case + 1 espresso cup to trial whether I'll be needing a set of those too!! I don't normally bother with saucers either but for some reason I just like to have them! A purchase of cups just doesn't seem complete without them!

They do Nick :-)

Michael

Awesome, Cheers!

Hahaha, I totally know that feeling! I've put them on my santa list, possibly a bit late, so if they don't arrive I shall buy some in the new year. I spent the money on a new steam valve instead as that has needed replacing for the last year!

I too need a new steam valve for Silvia, it's not that bad but it is bugging me! Mostly when you shut the valve after steaming and the leaking wand blows bubbles in your pristine microfoam! other than that it doesn't really leak much but I do have a squeeky knob!

@Dr_Strangebean

Nick do you have a v2 or v3 Silvia? I have a spare v2 valve if you wanted it?

Michael