Jez W

50% of union coffee code in the Times Saturday

The Saturday Times have a 50% code of coffee up to 2kg from Union Roasters today.

http://www.unionroasted.com/times

Enjoy

Gaggia Classic (PID, OPV Mod & Silvia Wand), Acasco i2, Madebyknock Tamper, Baratza Encore, Clever Dripper, Aeropress

That's an excellent deal. Their Revelation is really a great espresso blend. At half price - don't hesitate:cool:

Ron 

image.jpg

2 new Costa Ricans for me to try over the next few days.

Some of the Union microlot coffee recently has been very delicious. I have been really enjoying it through the LONDINIUM I which saldy gets boxed up and delivered back this afternoon.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Thanks for that. Just ordered a kilo of revelation and set a date 2 weeks from now for delivery!

I've had the genesis Microlot before and it was superb but that was in Chemex, unsure of presspot, sorry!

Also went for some Rogue Espresso, sounds up my street :). Cheers!

Porlex Hand Grinder | ROK Espresso Maker | Bodum French Press

Thanks for the heads up on this! :)

Expobar Brewtus - Mahlkonig Vario - Aeropress - Chemex - French Press

If you're having bland coffee I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but my beans ain't one. Yeah.

Cheers for that

emporium microlot-250g-Wholebean

finca granja la esperanza, cerro azul, geisha-250g-Wholebean

organic natural spirit espresso 250g wholebean

rogue espresso 250g wholebean

revelation espresso 250g wholebean

Advanced orders, is genius.

Home - Quickmill Veloce Prototype with IMS Shower | EK43 | Torr Blackwood Trapez Goldfinger | IMS 22g Basket

Work - Quickmill Andreja Premium | Nuova Simonelli Oscar | Gaggia Classic DIY PID mod with Rancilio Silvia Steam Wand

Work - Mazzer Super Jolly (Doser) | Anfim Super Best | VST 18g Basket | Torr Black Metal Goldfinger handle with Standard Flat base

Brewed - OE Lido | Porlex Mini | Aeropress | V60-01 | Chemex 10 cup

This may sound silly, but are the SO's listed outwith the espresso section, really only designed to be filter coffee's - or are those of you who are ordering SO's planning on using them in your espresso machines? The espresso section seems small in the context of the number of coffee's they have on offer, although what they do have sounds good.

Fracino Piccino - Eureka Mignon - 17g LM basket - 58.35mm Madebyknock tamper - Aeropress - Bodum FP

Of the SO's I have tried from Union only 3 (out of about 20) were not suitable for espresso, but shone as brewed coffee.

The remaining coffee held its own as an espresso, in fact some were better than as brewed.

That said, I usually enjoy Union's coffees best brewed with a syphon or Chemex.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

This may sound silly, but are the SO's listed outwith the espresso section, really only designed to be filter coffee's - or are those of you who are ordering SO's planning on using them in your espresso machines? The espresso section seems small in the context of the number of coffee's they have on offer, although what they do have sounds good.
Certainly there are SOs in the espresso section that make great espresso - the Sumatra I'd particularly recommend.

I find their extra-dark roasts (like Revelation and Foundation) far too dark even for my taste. Organic Natural Spirit is rather good though.

Londinium I, Mazzer Mini E, Claris Everpure, Aeropress, Cafétière.

Cant fault the service from Union. Bag arrived in a solid box with purple wrapping paper.

Ordered on 17th, roasted on 19th delivered today (21st), I suspect they are busy to with all that press coverage and the discount!

The rogue blend appears to simply be a single origin with an amended roast profile, bit weird as the SO is £1 cheaper.

@garydyke1

Snap Gary, mine arrived today after roasting on the 19th. Good packaging and fast delivery, smelling good but am going to wait a few days before cracking on with them. Gone for a couple of Costa Rican SOs, haven't ordered from Union in a while, these roasts look significantly lighter than I remember, which for me is good.

Yeah , most people I know having tried Union have stated much darker roast styles , hence why i went for something 'delicate' even for espresso. Look forward to cracking the bag open this weekend

@garydyke1

First 2kg batch arrived yesterday, half for me, half for somebody else.

Opened the Foundation today, first shot a bit fast, but in a flat white tasted lush. Deep nutty roast flavour, but in harmony with everything else going on in the cup. Sort of nutty nougat taste.

Got my bag of Rogue Espresso the other day, just cracked it open now and pulled a shot. Very tasty indeed!

Thanks again for the heads up on this :)

Porlex Hand Grinder | ROK Espresso Maker | Bodum French Press

I have been enjoying some San Jeronimo bourbon microlot over the weekend - great news is that the offer still seems live on their website so everyone has a chance to enjoy the offer.

Gaggia Classic (PID, OPV Mod & Silvia Wand), Acasco i2, Madebyknock Tamper, Baratza Encore, Clever Dripper, Aeropress