Hello, long time no see!

We at Bewiched Coffee Kettering are finally open (Have been for nearly six weeks) and have been very busy, serving up Has Bean Jailbreak on our FB80!

My main question is does anyone know where to get hold of the professional version of Alpro Soya designed for steaming and adding to coffee? Although I don't touch the stuff, we've had curdling issues we the various soya's we've been using. The original version isn't so bad, but it's not great.

I used to use the stuff back at Costa but they got it delivered by K&N. It certainly worked well, but now in an independent it's quite difficult to source out. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. :)

P.s. anyone who comes across Soya Soleil, it's utterly useless. Worst one for curdling!

Professional + Home Barista called James :)

Work -- La Marzocco FB80 Red - Mazzer Super Jolley Black - - Home - Expobar Leva HX - Expobar 1+2 Hole/Izzo 4 Hole Steam Tips - Eureka Mignon White - Grindenstein Knockout - 20z Basic + 12oz Espro Toroid Jug - Nuova Ricambi 57.5mm Tamper

I wasn't aware that there was a professional version of Alpro.

The curdling occurs probably because of a high acidity in the espresso. Use a dark roast and you won't get curdling. (not a suggestion :-))

I've heard that Bon Soy is the best soya for coffee use, but at just under £3 a litre its prohibitively expensive!

Michael

Fun in a Cup Coffee Training

Yep, it's in a brown carton and even has a picture of an "Alprocinno" on with latte art!

That certainly sounds about right regarding the acidity, aha no dark roasts or robusta for us!

Flipping heck that is expensive, must be why it's so good though!

Work -- La Marzocco FB80 Red - Mazzer Super Jolley Black - - Home - Expobar Leva HX - Expobar 1+2 Hole/Izzo 4 Hole Steam Tips - Eureka Mignon White - Grindenstein Knockout - 20z Basic + 12oz Espro Toroid Jug - Nuova Ricambi 57.5mm Tamper

Hey buddie! Haven't seen you around these parts for ages! I didn't realise you had moved to Bewitched either, nice one! Sorry I know nothing about soya, I just wanted to say Hi!

@Dr_Strangebean

Hi, hope all is well!

How you finding the FB80?

Will try find out the name of a good soya milk for coffee use today for you.

La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi, Brasilia Roma Cappuccino, Mazzer Super Jolly, Iberital MC2, v60, Dulait Grinder, Pullman Barista Tamper (Australian Oak), 53mm Motta Tamper

Work

La Marzocco FB80, La Cimbali Magnum

Hey, Outlaw and Daedalus :) Good to see you all!

Everything is going smoothly thanks, the FB80 is incredible! So much power, beautiful extractions time after time, so easy to get microfoam (the first few days I was overheating the milk though resulting in bubbles, d'oh!) it just keeps up, even on Saturdays when we're using every service on the machine.

And thanks for looking for some soya :)

Edited by SlowRoast

Found the name of the soy milk.

It's called Bonsoy

La Spaziale S1 Vivaldi, Brasilia Roma Cappuccino, Mazzer Super Jolly, Iberital MC2, v60, Dulait Grinder, Pullman Barista Tamper (Australian Oak), 53mm Motta Tamper

Work

La Marzocco FB80, La Cimbali Magnum

Bonsoy is good to use.

Try United Coffee - they will be able to advise where you can purchase Alproccino from.

The curdling may also happen above 58c so try steaming it a little cooler. The Soy TempTags I sell were designed for that very reason and are in use throughout Australia quite successfully.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hello, long time no see!

We at Bewiched Coffee Kettering are finally open (Have been for nearly six weeks) and have been very busy, serving up Has Bean Jailbreak on our FB80!

Hi James,

Are you still serving Hasbean Coffee....had heard a rumour you had stopped. If so what are you using now?

Was gonna gonna pop in if you were serving a coffee i like.

| Expobar Office Leva Dual-Boiler PID | Mazzer Super Jolly in Black | OE Lido | Porlex Hand Grinder | Chemex CM2 | Clever Coffee Dripper | Aeropress

| Kalita Kantan | Bodum Press | Reg Barber Tamper Zebra Wood Handle & 58mm C-Flat Base | Motta Convex 57mm Tamper | and lots of beans

Flipping heck that is expensive, must be why it's so good though!

I picked up a carton of BonSoy yesterday from Wholefoods for £2.50 to try it out. It even has a bit of chat on the back about how best to steam it for baristas!

Michael

Fun in a Cup Coffee Training

I think Bonsoy is a bit out of the budget at the moment sadly, but I'll probably buy a carton sometime myself to see how it fairs. Thanks though :) Marks And Sparks own soya milk doesn't seem so bad, smells sweeter too.

Thanks, Glenn :) Will look into Temp Tags.

We're still serving Has Bean! We just changed to Jailbreak, from a single origin as it wasn't sitting well in Americano's sadly.

I have used Alpro (unsweetened and sweetened) as well as Soleil for many years as my girlfriend is vegan. Don't make the milk too hot - we use it daily and it never curdles.

http://www.jugglestruck.co.uk

http://www.lukecloseupmagician.com

Elektra Microcasa leva. Pavoni Europiccola. Mazzer mini e type A.

On 12/10/2012 at 17:04, xXDaedalusXx said:

Hi, hope all is well!

How you finding the FB80?

Will try find out the name of a good soya milk for coffee use today for you.

Bonsoy is the best soy. A little more expensive but so worth it. I’m Australia and it’s the most popular with cafes and restaurants as well as retail.  Soooo creamy

16 hours ago, Majaross said:

Bonsoy is the best soy. A little more expensive but so worth it. I’m Australia and it’s the most popular with cafes and restaurants as well as retail.  Soooo creamy

G'day Australia! 🖖

Excuse me for asking, but this is your first post and you're replying to a post that's nearly seven years old.  That made me curious downright suspicious. 

The most likely way you'd have come across this thread is either by doing a web search for Bonsoy or if you were alerted to the discussion about Bonsoy by a company such as Brandwatch.  Brandwatch scours this forum and others as well as social media for posts about products on behalf of brand owners.

Do you, by any chance, work for Bonsoy?

If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat.

Spiders on coffee