Sign in to follow this  
RobD

Coffee Compass

Recently I ordered some very nice single origin beans from Coffee Compass on 15,08,2012 some Java Lingtong, Peru Tunki Mayo and some Indian Balmaadi Estate Organic and they have been very nice, i really liked the Indian Balmaadi Estate Organic until one lot had a very large stone in it. its bout 4 times the size of a coffee bean but from the roasting process was the same colour, its not the same colour allover now as its bean in the burrs of my grinder and suffered some damage along with my burrs?? this was pr

This was pretty much what i sent to them today, my poor little MC2 was damaged.

well I couldn't have hope for a better response :)

not only did Richard the head roaster offer to have my grinder repaired but some quality beens gratis as well, it was a very apologetic, professional and friendly reply, also in the emails that followed it turns out he has a La Spaziale Vivaldi and a Malkonig vario on demand at home.

i wouldn't hesitate to recommend using them.

Quick mill Verona, Eureka Mignon, 17 & 21gLM VST plus other stuff, even get a half decent coffee out of it sometimes :D

not only did Richard the head roaster offer to have my grinder repaired but some quality beens gratis as well

Its always encouraging to hear when a company put things right after a mistake - That will encourage me on using them next time I am going to order beans online - its just a pity that there are so few companies like that.

Gaggia Classic (PID, OPV Mod & Silvia Wand), Acasco i2, Madebyknock Tamper, Baratza Encore, Clever Dripper, Aeropress

Yeah, they are a great company, really nice people, I only stopped buying their coffee because they put Kopi Luwak back on the menu, to be fair they will make a fair bit of money on it and times are hard, I just don't like the whole luwak thing. However they are really nice people and I wouldn't stop others from buying their coffee, They are very generous and will look after you. I love the custom labels aswell its a really nice touch. They will also roast to whatever profile you want to try, so if you would like a darker or lighter roast they are happy to experiment for you.

@Dr_Strangebean

Well a quick update on the service from Coffee Compass, this afternoon i got a very friendly and chatty email telling me that the new burrs had been sent the day before along with some coffee and wanted to make sure i got them, when i got home , there was a lovely smelling parcel with some new Iberital burrs along with two bags of coffee in it :) 125g of Stone-Free Ethiopia Sidamo, that did make me smile, and 250g of indonesian Sulawesi Kalossi Toraja Gr1 beans, i was pleasantly surprised.

From my communications with Richard i get the felling that he is very passionate about what he dose and cares a lot about customer service.

they do seam to want do that bit extra to keep their customers happy.

its been a refreshing change and think they will be getting more of my custom, an may even go for the years subscription as i get a sneaking suspicion i wont be disappointed

Quick mill Verona, Eureka Mignon, 17 & 21gLM VST plus other stuff, even get a half decent coffee out of it sometimes :D

I have been using Coffee Compass for a couple of years now and have always been impressed with the service and very happy to recommend to others (as I have done elsewhere on the Forum). They stock a good supply of Malawi beans which I am very partial to.

Elektra Micro Casa Leva machine/Ascaso i2 steel grinder/Bialetti moka pots/Aeropress and Bodum (for office)/Caffe Ginevra cups/Coffee Compass Malawi roasts/ :coffee:

This is good to hear as I just ordered with them and came here to check what people were saying