IGNORED

visacrem v6 blowing steam out from rubber pipe

it was working fine for a short while then a hissing noise started and it was not holding pressure .

a feed goes to a t piece that goes into the gauge and there is a rubber hose that connects to the waste this rubber hose is constantly blowing steam out .

any ideas on the issue thanks

30 minutes ago, IAN9999 said:

it was working fine for a short while then a hissing noise started and it was not *****holding pressure .**********

a feed goes to a t piece that goes into the gauge and there is a rubber hose that connects to the waste this rubber hose is constantly blowing steam out .

looking into it a bit more i think its the pressure relief valve it seems to be realising the pressure prematurely. 

It could be, but the fact that it's not holding pressure might be a clue...

1. Is it not holding any pressure, or is there some, if there is some what pressure is it?
  2. does it always do it or sometimes?
  3. can you put up a few photos and indicate the component that's leaking?
  4. It could be the vacuum breaker or the safety valve, depending on the symptoms

P.S. On commercial machines the pressure relieve valve is mounted on or close to the boiler and usually won't share a T piece with anything (although it does on the vesuvius)

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

4 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

It could be, but the fact that it's not holding pressure might be a clue...

1. Is it not holding any pressure, or is there some, if there is some what pressure is it?
  2. does it always do it or sometimes?
  3. can you put up a few photos and indicate the component that's leaking?
  4. It could be the vacuum breaker or the safety valve, depending on the symptoms

P.S. On commercial machines the pressure relieve valve is mounted on or close to the boiler and usually won't share a T piece with anything (although it does on the vesuvius)

2076947879_visacremdiagram.thumb.jpg.4cb2f989c56b26dd2ee346c5c8902f7c.jpg

Just now, IAN9999 said:

it was holding pressure fine i even managed a couple of nice tasting coffees from the machine then the gauge started to drop as it was hissing through the rubber pipe that goes to the drain.

it looks like it just a feed for the gauge and if the pressure is to high it blows open but its blowing open before it gets to the green on the gauge.

Well one out of three aint bad....your a hard man to help. 🤣

It's not the safety valve (pressure relief valve), the photo is not super clear there, but I would imagine it's the vacuum breaker. The safety valve (pressure relief valve is where the base of your arrow is..

Edited by DavecUK

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

it was working for around an hour then the hissing started and the pressure started to drop otherwise the pressure was fine previously.

i will get a better picture later . pinching the rubber hose that goes to the waste outlet area the hissing stops straight away. the copper pipe goes from the boiler to a t piece that then goes to the gauge and the third part of the T goes to the rubber outlet. 

3 minutes ago, IAN9999 said:

is this part to stop water from the gauge getting sucked back into the boiler as the machine cools or just to equalize the pressure as it cools. I'm slowly getting my head around these machines.

the vacuum breaker does equalise the pressure...breaks the vacuum. Mainly to prevent false pressure, it also stops crap in the stem of the steam wands being sucked back into the boiler etc..

thanks i get that now. Ive managed to source a part I have a feeling when i turned it off the pressure must have equalized and the little ball inside has got stuck leaving it open.

thanks for the help i will let you know if i can fix it.