IGNORED

Hello from the Black Forest

AlbertR

Hello @all

Just found this friendly forum by following a link at a German forum.

My first encounter with the British espresso scene was when I replaced our ECM Technika II with an Izzo Alex Duetto (serial number 0028) in 2008. If I remember correctly, this machine was the brainchild of DaveC and Antonio Nurri. This huge energy-hungry monster was followed in 2015 by an SAB Viennetta.

Me and my wife have bought a former restaurant in the Black Forest in 2019, and we emigrated from Switzerland to Germany in December 2020. We spend our retirement in this converted inn. Thanks to the plumbing-in infrastructure, the Viennetta now has been replaced by a single-group SAB Jolly Automatica. The roomy professional kitchen is also a fine home for the Hottop Roaster.

If you would like to know more about our dedication to espresso and coffee, be welcome to ask!

Cheers, AlbertR

@AlbertR - Welcome to the forum! Likewise, if you have questions, just ask away. Plenty of people here who are home enthusiasts but also who are professionals. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

1 minute ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Welcome to the forum! Likewise, if you have questions, just ask away. Plenty of people here who are home enthusiasts but also who are professionals. 

Thanks for your kind words!

@AlbertR welcome to the forum, great first post. I still have my Duetto serial number 0001

Edited by DavecUK

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

1 hour ago, AlbertR said:

Black Forest

You have brought my nostalgic memories of living in Konstanz for 3 years 3 decades back. Yours’ is one of my all time favourite places. 

Btw, welcome to the forum! 😊

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

24 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

welcome to the forum, great first post. I still have my Duetti serial number 0001

Ah, this is you, DaveC! The Duetto was a great espresso machine in it's time!

7 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

You have brought my nostalgic memories of living in Konstanz for 3 years 3 decades back. Yours’ is one of my all time favourite places. 

Time is flying by, isn't it? Konstanz is not too far from my place, probably you know St. Blasien and it's dome. I am living in a village (526 habitants) belonging to the town of St. Blasien.

13 minutes ago, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

Btw, welcome to the forum! 😊

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

When you have made 5 posts, upload some photos, be great to see the setup.

Will do so, probably later this afternoon. Ooops, no, obviously I still don't qualify for posting attachments.

23 minutes ago, AlbertR said:

St. Blasien and it's dome

If my memory serves right, the Cathedral is known for one of the largest domed churches in Europe. It’s been ages,  I don’t remember much and one of best German friends and his family still live in Munich! 

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tompoland said:

Very interesting first post @AlbertR thank you. Meine Frau is aus Deutchland. Willkomen!

Thanks! So your wife is also foreigner, as we are a Swiss couple living in Germany. Kind regards to Down Under! 🙂

• Like 1