IGNORED

Lelit MaraX no pressure after filter installataion

Proov

So, if you do exactly that, and, with a syringe (tank in place, exactly as is) push water through the tank outlet, does anything change? Almost trying to boot strap the pump. I don’t even know if that’s possible.

also, to make sure, is the tank letting water out for sure (0:50, that red pin in the centre)? I’m honestly baffled. Other than that, I could only think it’s the pump. But on a 10 month machine, it’s unlikely. 

To rule out the tank, you could undo the other end of this tube and submerge directly into the bottle of Volvic. If that works, then you know where your problem is. 

image.thumb.png.eb629d12234e4182ca8b6bcc332a13cf.png

there’s a really nice picture of the whole setup here:

https://imgur.com/nn8FJhL 

So, you could try disconnecting the hose from the tank and have that hose sucking water from somewhere else.

link obtained from: 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

i dont think it's the water tank, when i unplugged the flex pipe (water tank side), all the water cames out (pretty fast lol).

I already tried to do like this video :

But it did nothing, the presure gauge hasn't moved :( But maybe i have to do it more ?

The machine is still on warranty. I think i'll send it back this week ^^

• Like 1

I think contact the vendor...it may well be the pump has either failed or is blocked, hard to think what else it can be to be honest. Changing the pump is very easy and rather than risk transportation, it may be something they ask you if you want to try.

• If it was a blockage in the group, it would be filling the drip tray
  • the pressure needle isn't moving at all really
Edited by DavecUK

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

Two more videos :D

1. No water tank :

2. Syringe (poorly filmed 😇)

I said previously that everything cames out into the drip tray with the syringe but this time, it looks like no 🤔

Thanks for helping guys 🙏

58 minutes ago, Proov said:

Two more videos :D

1. No water tank :

In your first video just above (no water tank, and the tube is in a tub of water), water is coming out of the group, right? Did you try the same with a blind filter?

If no pressure is building up, this would indicate that the pump is not pushing hard enough to build pressure, or there is a leak of pressure somewhere, or the manometer isn't connected properly and not giving a correct read? Just guessing here. Let's see what @DavecUK and @MediumRoastSteam say.

• Like 1

@Proov - I think it’s quite clear now that the pump is not pushing water through. There’s some water coming out of the group, but it’s very poor. Pressure should not register, so that’s fine, because there’s nothing to build pressure against, like coffee or blind filter.

also, does the boiler refill work?

- turn machine on, let it warm up;
- turn machine off;
- open the hot water tamp and draw 200ml of water;
- turn the machine back on: the sensor will detect the boiler needs refilling, and will fill up the boiler. Time how long the pump runs for. Should be no more than 15 seconds, or thereabouts. 

if that fills up, then you might have a blockage somewhere, potentially after the auto fill solenoid.

You could disconnect the high pressure line and see if water gets pumped through there too. If water comes out at a good rate from there, then it’s not the pump. But, if the test above (boiler fill up) passes, then you can almost be sure it’s not the pump. 
As @DavecUK and @Doram said, it’s likely to be the pump. I’d contact your retailer and let them resolve the problem. I bet it’s the pump. 👍

image.thumb.png.a89dbc36d2478ea7f5f9e4061350596b.png

edit: now thet I look at that image, it’s very likely to be the pump, as, even if there was a blockage, pressure would most likely build up with a blind filter basket, as the manometer is before the fill solenoid. Moreover, as mentioned earlier on, on my previous post, it looked like there was not a lot of water being drawn from the source anyway, suggesting it is “fecked” (technical term).

good luck, and keep us posted! 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

I think the pump might be (technical term follows) fecked.

See if the retailer will send you a replacement pump, it's super easy to fit....your 80% of the way there already.

• Like 2

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @DavecUK

I called the technician from the retailer, he was pretty confident about an injector issue (see attached). So i removed and cleaned it (to see through the little hole). But it didn't change anything :D He also said that the MaraX pump is very good, almost impossible to block. It can start and run with air inside, no problem. In the end, he wasnt able to say what's wrong. DHL comes tomorow to get the machine. I'll post when i'll have some news ;)

Copie de IMG_1204.jpg

@Proov - if it was the injector issue you'd see pressure building up and you'd see water entering the drip tray. Remember, if the water is pumped, it needs to end up somewhere. It's not ending up in the group (or very little is) and it's not ending up in the drip tray via the OPV. IMO, the water is not going past the pump, at all. 

• Like 1

Hi guys, some News from the retailer, they replaced the pump (Olab Silent Green model K09342) by a Ulka EX5. What do you think of this ? The Olab isn’t supposed to be better ? 

@Proov

This is the correct pump (I have a few of them)...the Ulka will be much noisier. Perhaps the retailer didn't have any in stock, but you should ask them to send you the right pump, so you can fit it yourself later. The Lelit pump also costs a lot more.

The correct Lelit pump is

• quieter
  • has that nice gradual ramp that gives such a great shot

image.thumb.png.c8cdc17b23076b2ab1d5a0ad03b9f547.png

Edited by DavecUK

MaraX is back and fully operationnal :D the retailer message (Google translated) :

Group nozzle replacement (split on receipt). Pump replacement (cause of low water flow and lack of pressure). Tests all functions ok. CAUTION: presence of lime in the group's hydraulic circuit (heat exchanger, shaft) as well as at the boiler valve outlet (dismantling and cleaning because of a slight leak). Be sure to adapt or even increase the filtration level of the water used for the machine.

I did not disassemble the machine to check the pump, but I feel like I am losing a lot of water… i lose 100ml in the drip tray when doing a ~35g expresso (at 9,5 bars) 😨 maybe the OPV is set too high ? i dont think it's normal.

I ordered the 2 parts yesterday to do the OPV mod 😁

1 hour ago, Proov said:

i lose 100ml in the drip tray when doing a ~35g expresso (at 9,5 bars)

Don't know the exact numbers, but, the lower the pressure, the more water will end up in the drip tray. OPV mod is a wise modification. 

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Don't know the exact numbers, but, the lower the pressure, the more water will end up in the drip tray. OPV mod is a wise modification. 

Yes indeed 👌 i'll increase a bit the OPV to 9,5+

can't wait to do the mod 😁

@Proov Having the wrong pump also increases that flow into the drip tray, as well as being noisier.

Group nozzle replacement (split on receipt).

I've no idea what this means....

3 minutes ago, Proov said:

original in french 😅

Yeah, I though it was the gliceur - think it best translates to “jet” in this context. 👍