IGNORED

New Coffee Shop at Lyndhurst - Forest Edge Roasting

RazorliteX

Found this place after doing a bit of googling, the reason for the googling is that I picked up some of their coffee beans from a garden centre about 20 miles away and have to admit I was quite impressed with the beans not only because they tasted good (if you like medium/dark roasts) but also because despite it being a garden centre the roast date was 2 weeks old.

The coffee shop is one of those "blink and you will miss it" if driving through as it is right at the top of Lyndhurst bank just down from the Church but once you get inside it is quite big and airy with lots of comfy chairs. Also, noted a dog bowl and matts so either caters for very rough kids or potentially a dog or two. What dominated my attention however was the big roaster at the back of the shop and they also had a selection of roasts on offer (ground or full beans) all with dates between 1 and 2 weeks so nearly already nicely rested.

Coffee wise, couldn't fault it - I do tend to use one or two coffee roasters at any one time so looks like I need to replace one as they are really nice with a good selection. Think they have a website too where they deliver but for me it's easier to pop in and collect if I need some beans in a hurry which are already nearly rested.

51456329942_f10a1c4905_b.jpg

51457344783_06ea53a377_b.jpg

51457834324_192747b464_b.jpg

51457344468_3cedbdf954_b.jpg

Edited by RazorliteX
  • Like 1

@RazorliteX - ha! I actually went to this coffee shop a few weeks back. nice place, but the coffee wasn’t for me. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

19 minutes ago, RazorliteX said:

Just goes to show how subjective it is

I agree! It’s a very subjective thing. I was chatting to the lady there, but she was training someone, so didn’t want to take her time. 

don’t get me wrong, I’d definitely go back if I go back there! For sure! The coffee was roasted on the darker side (medium/dark I’d say).

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group