IGNORED

Gaggia Classic 2013 - service required, live in Stockport?

JLaw

Hi. I purchased my Classic Gaggia espresso machine approx in 2013 (stainless steel encased boiler) - does anyone know a company in the NW/Manchester vicinity that services small domestic espresso coffee machines?

I love my Gaggia classic - I am able to do minor maintenance tasks and keep it running well but have never ventured into the boiler for a more in depth service. 

Any suggestions or recommendations welcome.  

@JLaw - welcome to the forum. What are you expecting from a service? If you look after your machine, and it ain’t broke, all you need to worry about is making sure you remove the group components, give it a thorough clean and replace the gasket when required. That’s pretty much it. 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

Hi. You don't say why you think it needs a service. The condition of the boiler, 3 way valve and Steam valve will depend on a number of factors. First off is the machine running ok. 

What water do you use, is it bottled, RO, Filtered or just straight tap water. If tap, how hard is it.

Have you descaled regularly. 

if all of the above is on the good side (tesco Asbeck or RO water, Regular Desacle etc), it might not need an in-depth service.

If you are at the stage where you need a strip down descale, all of the water path after the pump will need attention. There is not a lot too stripping and servicing the machine, The difficult parts are the boiler bolts. Just label everything well and photograph. Plenty of people have done it on this forum, look at the info available.

• Like 2