Jump to content
IGNORED

Linea Mini - where should i buy from?


ewancrallan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all, 

Excited and sad here. Sad, that my current Expobar Brewtus blew up recently. I had it for over 7 years and was enjoying coffee everyday. But also excited, because it is a great excuse to really make the next big step and buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini... The machine for life! (i hope)

Are there any existing owners who could point me in the direction of a good buying experience, please? 

 

Anything I should be aware of / look out for, especially? Any excellent shops to aim for?

 

Thanks in advance,

Ewan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@ewancrallan We have forum advertisers which specialise in top end machines and are authorised dealers for LM.

https://proespresso.co.uk/

ProEspresso.gif.d7a2c661df53806d972b2711

and

https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/the-coffee-forums

530240317_BellaGif.gif.e1b70054f4a6c36a4

 

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Might be worth having a look on their (La Marzocco UK) Facebook page, as they do have 'promos' occasionally, the last two being some 'free' barista kit (fathers day) and the latter being a Tour du France, performance chef promo. I bought direct, no drama. You could visit them as its not too far from you https://uk.lamarzoccohome.com/book-a-demo/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beautiful machine, I certainly understand the attraction. 

Not to question your choice but I’d have a read of the manual before taking the plunge as it put me off. It states something like if you don’t use it for 8 hours flush 2l of water through it. Not sure why but seems a waste of precious water.  Also I get the impression services and parts are expensive but maybe that’s a given. It’s certainly an heirloom item in my opinion though and beautiful to look at. Does lack of flow control bother you?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chriss29 - Ha! I saw that too! Well, we all sleep for about 8 hours a daily right? Therefore... don't do it. Keep drinking coffee all night long 🙂 

 

If you ask me... Nonsense. Total nonsense. What's so special of that machine and no other? Maybe they adapted the manual from a commercial machine and it's good practice to do that on a commercial environment to cycle the water. At home... I don't think anyone does that, for any machine. 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 2

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

@Chriss29 - Ha! I saw that too! Well, we all sleep for about 8 hours a daily right? Therefore... don't do it. Keep drinking coffee all night long 🙂 

 

If you ask me... Nonsense. Total nonsense. What's so special of that machine and no other? Maybe they adapted the manual from a commercial machine and it's good practice to do that on a commercial environment to cycle the water. At home... I don't think anyone does that, for any machine. 

I think you’re right about the commercial machine comment, but if you don’t do that and have a warranty claim could they pull you up on it I wonder 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ask around and see how many folks have the LMLM......bet you not as many as you think. Are you buying exclusivity?......There are better machines around, but not better badges

  • Like 1

I love a decent send off..............

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought my LMLM from North Star Coffee. Great experience. Not sure if they routinely do this, but I asked if they could deliver, install and show me the ropes, which they did. This was about 2.5 years ago. 
 

I have had warranty issues and these have been dealt with by LMLM Uk directly. Their London office. They were excellent, sending an engineer to my hope to sort the issue. My machine is now out of warranty and I had it serviced, which cost me £150 for a trained LM engineer to come home. 
 

As far as the comments about flushing 2l of water if not used, I did read the manual before I bought and asked the same question. I was told to ignore this and that it was leftover from their commercial machines. 
 

Although my machine has had some minor niggles, it’s actually a very simple to operate machine, and using it has always been a very pleasurable, zen like experience. I have used it every single day since I bought it. I would recommend. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, like someone said, you could always buy from them directly. I don’t think they sold direct when I bought mine. My contact with their London office has always been great. They’ve invited me down a couple of times and I actually went to their office to try it out before I purchased from North Star. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Brew678 said:

I bought my LMLM from North Star Coffee. Great experience. Not sure if they routinely do this, but I asked if they could deliver, install and show me the ropes, which they did. This was about 2.5 years ago. 
 

I have had warranty issues and these have been dealt with by LMLM Uk directly. Their London office. They were excellent, sending an engineer to my hope to sort the issue. My machine is now out of warranty and I had it serviced, which cost me £150 for a trained LM engineer to come home. 
 

As far as the comments about flushing 2l of water if not used, I did read the manual before I bought and asked the same question. I was told to ignore this and that it was leftover from their commercial machines. 
 

Although my machine has had some minor niggles, it’s actually a very simple to operate machine, and using it has always been a very pleasurable, zen like experience. I have used it every single day since I bought it. I would recommend. 

Thank you, this is all sounding good:) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, ewancrallan said:

Thanks Jony,

Anything in particular, you would suggest?

I'm after a machine for life. 

 

Ewan 

I could be wrong but I expect any machine over £500 would last for life if you look after it and at the same time you could kill any machine very quickly if you don't.

What might help people to advise further is if you could explain what a machine for life means? Looks, features, ease of use perhaps? If it's looks I would agree with you on a LMLM :) but if it's features you value, it's far from the best. Do you have a grinder already? Might be worth rethinking our whole set-up if you're happy to spend that amount of cash?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chriss29 said:

I could be wrong but I expect any machine over £500 would last for life if you look after it and at the same time you could kill any machine very quickly if you don't.

Sage Dual Boiler puts you in the wrong 🙂😉 

  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/09/2021 at 17:18, Jony said:

No but far better machines out there for less money and money left over for goodies galore

Hi Johnny, I was thinking of getting a Linea Mini as well once I have saved up, but if there are far better machines out there, it all comes down to how the coffee tastes rather then the make. 

Do you (or anyone else) have any suggestions for me to look into. I am currently on Expobar Leva from about 7 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 09/09/2021 at 16:24, ewancrallan said:

Hi all, 

Excited and sad here. Sad, that my current Expobar Brewtus blew up recently. I had it for over 7 years and was enjoying coffee everyday. But also excited, because it is a great excuse to really make the next big step and buy a La Marzocco Linea Mini... The machine for life! (i hope)

Are there any existing owners who could point me in the direction of a good buying experience, please? 

 

Anything I should be aware of / look out for, especially? Any excellent shops to aim for?

 

Thanks in advance,

Ewan 

Thanks for posting this Ewan, I asked something similar a few months ago but no suggestions were put forward on wat would be a better machine. So let's see where this goes :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@benanderson18 Everyone has an opinion, and we can all be right. My question, would be take away the LM badge, and what are you left with? If you want a badge, then buy an LM of some sort. People when you ask them what they would recommend, simply tell you what they own. Everyone knows what I own, so I am going to suggest you consider a Bianca. You can read about it here

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2018/07/17/lelit-bianca/

and if you explore the site, there are plenty of other in depth reviews as well. Then I suggest you go and hunt and see if you can find another person giving any LM the same treatment. Most reviewers are not reviewing. They are selling.......something Dave dislikes intensely

I love a decent send off..............

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...