IGNORED

Cafelier C2 Group Head Cleaner

Doram

Crikey! 

From the website:

The current method of cleaning has been unchanged for over a hundred years.

Probably because it works. Dropping the shower screen varies from one machine to the next, but it's a few seconds work on my E61 and you're right on the inside of the screen, not hoping that the "rinse and mince" machine will get right in there. 

• Like 2

@Doram Thank you, as I am sure you know, I take Espresso machine cleaning very seriously. As such this device gave me a good laugh. I suppose some people will buy it, but not me. At the price it's a bargain.... I could even see discount vouchers with it for some intimate grooming products, allowing you to extract full value from your £325

I expect Thuya wood burl handles are already being made as accessories, for the discerning owners.

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 3

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

56 minutes ago, DavecUK said:

@Doram Thank you, as I am sure you know, I take Espresso machine cleaning very seriously. As such this device gave me a good laugh. I suppose some people will buy it, but not me. At the price it's a bargain.... I could even see discount vouchers with it for some intimate grooming products, allowing you to extract full value from your £325

I expect Thuya wood burl handles are already being made as accessories, for the discerning owners.

I actually contemplated titling the post "Coffee - cleanliness is next to stupidness" as a nod to your formative thread, but then thought i'd better not offend said discerning owners. 😉

Maybe we can do a group buy - get one and share it between us?

Edited by Doram

@Doram Perhaps they will send us one to review as a forum....perhaps...

I'm wondering if the Hoff will review it?

P.S. If it could definitely eliminate everything Rancid, then they might be on to a winner

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

2 minutes ago, dfk41 said:

@DavecUK But surely the point, is by using the item you will automatically remove everything rancid......if only life were so simple

Well I know my cleaning methods eliminate everything Rancid...so I will stick to what I know.

Holy expenditure Batman! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

image.jpeg.ef1d8b459874290ecd21593fcd919bf7.jpeg

• Like 3

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

11 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

Holy expenditure Batman! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Showed the Cafelier C2 to my son yesterday, and he said it was like a large electric toothbrush. I guess if you have one it can also be useful for keeping your larger-than-usual pet dental hygiene in check. 

• Like 1

It could be used for cleaning Golf balls...I don't play Golf, so this may not be feasible.

On a more serious note, at one time, prosumer stuff was developed on the back of advances in commercial technology. Increasingly, the commercial side of coffee seems to have lost its direction IMO. i'd almost go as far as to say many people who frequent popular coffee changes drink something that isn't really coffee. Devices like this are aimed at the industry, along with many other innovations that are useless in a home environment and questionable in a commercial one.