IGNORED

Profitec Pro 700

Dear Sir,

I hope you are well. My Proftic Pro 700 has an issue with the hot water Tap, it doesn't work recently, i normally use it for tea making, but i can't anymore. Can you please advise on this matter? I have recently changed the Safety Valves, would it be the reason for this falut?

Regards

Mikey  

3 minutes ago, Mikey Gash said:

Yes the other valve working fine i can extract coffee and steam the Milk for late coffee. 

You probably have a faulty valve or possibly (but less likely if the flow is zero) a blockage.

David

www.blackcatcoffee.co.uk

Coffee | Espresso Machines | Grinders | Accessories

Izzo Alex Duetto and Alex Leva now in stock!

23 hours ago, El carajillo said:

Do you normally tighten the water valve down very firmly ?

5 minutes ago, Mikey Gash said:

Yes i do. It was working fine till i replaced the valve with a new one.

The Profitec is equipped with spring valves. You are not meant to tighten too hard, you only tighten until water stops flowing. Unlike standard valves, where you do technically the same, but you know when you have to stop, and you feel you are tightening the valve, just gently, kinda thing. Not the case for her ones you have.

now, you said the problem has started since you replaced the valve. Could the culprit be either a faulty valve or maybe incorrect installation? 

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

The Profitec is equipped with spring valves. You are not meant to tighten too hard, you only tighten until water stops flowing. Unlike standard valves, where you do technically the same, but you know when you have to stop, and you feel you are tightening the valve, just gently, kinda thing. Not the case for her ones you have.

now, you said the problem has started since you replaced the valve. Could the culprit be either a faulty valve or maybe incorrect installation? 

I bought the Safety valve online, i may have got the wrong one as it have no code. I found details about the fact it could be used for any Coffee machine 

3 minutes ago, Mikey Gash said:

I bought the Safety valve

Safety valve? I thought you are talking about the hot water tap valve?

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

@Mikey Gash - what you are saying is not making sense. There's no such a thing of "safety valve for the hot water". The safety valve pops if the boiler pressure exceed its limits due to a fault. That's why it's called a safety valve. It has no effect on the hot water tap. 

So we need to make a few things clearer here so people can help you:

- What exactly did you replace? Was it the safety valve and only the safety valve?
- Are you getting steam out of your machine? 
- Did you replace the hot water tap at all?
- What's the boiler (caldaia) pressure reading when the machine is hot and up to temperature? 
- What water do you use?
- How old is the machine?

There's nothing for me to video. I think you are the one who should do a video for us demonstrating exactly what the problem is. Fair to say, I'm very confused by your statements. And I bet everyone else is too 🙂 

So, please answer the questions above and maybe, if possible, follow up with a video. That would be very helpful and will allow people here to understand what goes on. 

On 25/08/2021 at 09:08, Mikey Gash said:

Dear Sir,

I hope you are well. My Proftic Pro 700 has an issue with the hot water Tap, it doesn't work recently, i normally use it for tea making, but i can't anymore. Can you please advise on this matter? I have recently changed the Safety Valves, would it be the reason for this falut?

Regards

Mikey  

No, changing the safety valve wouldn't be the reason for the fault....however they are not necessarily universal, some are set for much higher pressures than others and they should be matched to support the maximum working pressure of your machine e.g. opening a little bit into the red zone, or for your machine, probably around 1.7 to 1.9 bar.

Remove the water valve knob and see if you have damaged the mechanism, either by opening to the stop too hard, or whatever...if the mechanism seems fine, then suspect a blockage. Using the tap to make tea in an area with high limescale can cause problems, especially after descaling (or if you have never descaled). This is common in older machines where the boilers have been heavily used and the machine rarely serviced.

Edited by DavecUK

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

@Mikey Gash - We are members of a forum 🙂 - We don't provide services as such. 🙂

But you could take it to be serviced, for instance, Bella Barista, which service coffee machines and are an authorised ECM/Profitec retailer in the UK:  https://www.bellabarista.co.uk/

You might want to give them a ring 🙂