Coffee Forums banner

Customer Service for Rattling Niche

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Irisco 
#1 ·
Does any one have any experience of Niche customer services? MY Niche is only just over a year old so I know the warranty has now expired but when I moved it to clean the worktop last week there is a rattling noise coming from inside the body of the machine. I have googled it and it appears that the screws can become loose and fall out of the motor plate? I just feel that this shouldn't happen to a £500 machine that is only a year old and I shouldn't have to be getting into a part of the machine that you never normally would open up as well I am not practical in anyway. I look after the Niche meticulously and it only ever does light work as I have a flat burr that I use a lot more, I do feel quite let down to be honest.

Would Niche be prepared to help me with this problem, does anyone have any first hand experience with their support?

#2 ·
@Irisco I understand most people are more than satisfied with Niche Customer service...

I think there was a problem on a few units where the screws were coming loose...I wouldn't feel let down as they have not refused to help you and stuff happens. The best thing to do is simply contact them, explain the situation and that you don't feel competent to open up the grinder, see what they recommend before doing anything else.

#4 ·
@Irisco I understand most people are more than satisfied with Niche Customer service...

I think there was a problem on a few units where the screws were coming loose...I wouldn't feel let down as they have not refused to help you and stuff happens. The best thing to do is simply contact them, explain the situation and that you don't feel competent to open up the grinder, see what they recommend before doing anything else.
I don't feel let down by the company at all but more by the grinder but as you say "these things happen". Thanks for your advice.

#5 ·
Customer service excellent as said by plenty of other Niche Zero owners. Just thought I would update the thread. James has got back to me and offered for me to either send the grinder back for repair or to send me out necessary "tools" to have ago myself and if I'm still so useless that I can't do it then he would still have it back to mend, you really can't say fairer than that.

I've pasted the email response in case anyone else would ever be interested in what needs to be done.

Yes of course - will send out parts and tools tomorrow and resend the instructions.

You access the motor from the top - remove the burrs and sweeper; then the screws and the top casting will come off.

Then just remove some more screws, remove the PCB mount and you'll have access to the motor.

Best regards,

james

#6 ·
Can't do better than that!

I know you've said you're not overly confident but don't worry - Just take it slowly, take lots of photos as you go, and don't force anything. I'm sure you'll find it easier than you anticipated!

Let us know how you get on, it's always helpful for people in the future!

#7 ·
The tools came as promised today so I thought I would just get on with it. I have to admit , although straight forward, it was more involved than I expected and I didn't think I would have to disconnect the electric board. I know it's nothing if your used to stuff like this but for me it was all new.

I took photos and labelled everything and did it in a logical order, put it back together, cleaned everything off and recalibrated.

My only concern is that the screws that had fallen out were two of the four from underneath the actual motor and the other two were about to fall out (the four that sit around the central pin). I'm s bit worried as I replaced these four screws with the four that Niche sent and the thread was the correct size but the head slightly bigger. I'm now wondering if looking at the diagram they sent that they were for the areas circled in red and they assumed these were the loose ones. Any advice would be appreciated as I really don't want to have to go in again😩

Digital camera Plant Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory

Wheel Rim Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive wheel system

Light Electrical wiring Auto part Cable Electronic engineering

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine Machine tool

Attachments

#11 ·
Teaching my husband how to cook! It's not happened in nearly 30 years but anything is possible after today 😊

To be honest if I can do this then anyone can. You tube is wonderful, I followed @DavecUK video for recalibrating (watch this before unpacking or very soon after) and another really good one for taking the Niche apart.

After using an old Porlex for 3 days I have a new found respect for the the amount of work a grinder actually has to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.