Jump to content
IGNORED

Kaleido Sniper M2 Pro


Recommended Posts

I have purchased a Kaleido Sniper M2 Pro roaster,

i have had a couple of attempts to roast some Rocko mountain from coffee compass,

i have connected this to artisan through its bluetooth connection,

everything works fine,

i am new to roasting so could do with some help,

anybody got any tips?

or local to myself in cheshire to give a lesson 

thanks Mark

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please posts pictures and videos of how the roaster operates and what is going on in the roast as I don't believe anybody here has his roaster. You might get some tips if people can see what you're doing and how the roaster operates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mtjones55 said:

I have purchased a Kaleido Sniper M2 Pro roaster,

i have had a couple of attempts to roast some Rocko mountain from coffee compass,

i have connected this to artisan through its bluetooth connection,

everything works fine,

i am new to roasting so could do with some help,

anybody got any tips?

or local to myself in cheshire to give a lesson 

thanks Mark

 

Hi Mark,

I have just done some research on this roaster. Looks really promising!

Does it come with the touch screen to monitor/alter the roast? 

Also if you don't mind how much with shipping & import fee total?

Oh & the site you bought it from? 

Many thanks 

Jord

P.s

I'm also new to roasting  (started in March with popper now have a gene101) so much to learn isn't there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Jord93 said:

Hi Mark,

I have just done some research on this roaster. Looks really promising!

Does it come with the touch screen to monitor/alter the roast? 

Also if you don't mind how much with shipping & import fee total?

Oh & the site you bought it from? 

Many thanks 

Jord

P.s

I'm also new to roasting  (started in March with popper now have a gene101) so much to learn isn't there!

Hi Jord,

the roaster does come with the touch screen to monitor the roast and control the settings,

you have control of the Heat, Drum rotation and exhaust fan from this touch screen,

the pro version also has a bluetooth and cable connection to a computer running artisan, with control of these settings directly from artisan,

i have inserted a screenshot of my second attempt to roast below,

roasted beans looked great but coffee was a little bitter

 

 

 

sniper pro roast.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mtjones55 said:

Hi Jord,

the roaster does come with the touch screen to monitor the roast and control the settings,

you have control of the Heat, Drum rotation and exhaust fan from this touch screen,

the pro version also has a bluetooth and cable connection to a computer running artisan, with control of these settings directly from artisan,

i have inserted a screenshot of my second attempt to roast below,

roasted beans looked great but coffee was a little bitter

 

 

 

sniper pro roast.jpg

Thanks Mark!

Looks awesome. I think I may just get the manual version. 

Will it handle 250g out per roast including moisture loss? Say start it with 300g, including bigger beans - monsoon malabar? 

How much was import fees for UK? I have messaged the manufacturer direct & they are very responsive.

Happy roasting! 

P.s the Gene 101 is great! But really want bean temperature and 250g out at least. Just nice really if ever sell some. 4 roasts for a kilo 2 for 500g etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ROR crashed pretty quickly, flattened out halfway through and then rose before crashing again. You want to avoid all of that as I'm sure you're aware. No idea why it happened though. Could just not be pre-heated enough, or could be a lower temp setting than you need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/07/2021 at 18:41, Jord93 said:

Thanks Mark!

Looks awesome. I think I may just get the manual version. 

Will it handle 250g out per roast including moisture loss? Say start it with 300g, including bigger beans - monsoon malabar? 

How much was import fees for UK? I have messaged the manufacturer direct & they are very responsive.

Happy roasting! 

P.s the Gene 101 is great! But really want bean temperature and 250g out at least. Just nice really if ever sell some. 4 roasts for a kilo 2 for 500g etc

it will handle roast of 300g

M2 pro worked out at £1350 plus £270 import duty,

i bought it direct from manufacturer on alibaba

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...