IGNORED

QUICK MILL CASIOPEA SOLENOID VALVE IS SHORTCUTTING

Hi

Recently I did a small renovation to my machine.

I replaced the steam pump, the safety thermostat and the solenoid

when I power on the machine and before activating the pump, the fuse burns.

I tried to disconnect the solenoid, put a new fuse and power on again. this time the fuse did not burn.

Im not sure whats causing the problem.

could be that one of the wires is not in place...

does anyone have a wiring diagram of this machine? any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks

Please, don't use all capital letters on thread titles ūüė쬆

Edited by MediumRoastSteam

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

50 minutes ago, Assaf Aman said:

Apologies for the capital letters...didnt know its not allowed.

I will take some photos and share

Thanks

No one is disallowing it. It feels like¬†something is SHOUTING AT ME! ūüėȬ† - just etiquette and convention, that's all.¬†

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

16 hours ago, El carajillo said:

Are any of the insulation shrouds on the connections broken allowing the live terminals to touch the boiler / case ?

A photo of the inside would be helpful to see the connections.

Here are some photos.

Your thoughts are appreciated

MVIMG_20210612_122612.jpg

MVIMG_20210612_122711.jpg

MVIMG_20210612_122736.jpg

MVIMG_20210612_122750.jpg

MVIMG_20210612_122805.jpg

On the lower / last photo there is a bare connector (blue wire) which looks as if it could be touching the adjacent pipe fitting and close to capillary tube coil. I will look further.

Using tape on terminals is not good, as the machine heats up the adhesive melts and the tape falls off !!!!

Buy some flexible shrouds  and work onto connectors.  If you leave the tape you could / will have problems at a later date. 

7 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

On the lower / last photo there is a bare connector (blue wire) which looks as if it could be touching the adjacent pipe fitting and close to capillary tube coil. I will look further.

Using tape on terminals is not good, as the machine heats up the adhesive melts and the tape falls off !!!!

Buy some flexible shrouds  and work onto connectors.  If you leave the tape you could / will have problems at a later date. 

Hi

Thanks

I checked...Unfortunately it only looks like it because of the photo perspective.

The connector does not thouch the pipe fitting (actually its a few centimeters above it).

It was a few milimeters from the coil...but not touching...I pushed the coil away just in case.

As for isolation, you are absolutely right. I have a shrinking isolation which Ill use.

Sad for me, no success for me yet with getting the machine to work