IGNORED

Help Ceado 37s not responding

Hello all;

Came to do my usual morning long black with 16grmd MALABAR double dose 4 secs and NOTHING.

Hit the button with PF nothing.

The machine is on display on but nothing, no noise NOTHING!!

Tried hitting the set button for 3 secs - no beep. The display scrolls between last reset and total number of shots but won’t give me my morning fix.

Tried the manual setting NOTHING.

GUTTED. 

Who repairs these Goliaths???

Help: no backup grinder either.

Going into a coma soon . 

I know this is an obvious one but have you tried rebooting it by turning the main power off and back on again?

GS3 MP, Ceado E92 and E37s, Feldgrind. Niche.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If the screen is showing live but push button is not activating possible contamination on push button switch or faulty worn switch.

Coffee grounds tend to escape and fall down onto P/B switch.Remove top burr carrier and carefully vac / brush inside particularly arond switch.

OR turn it upside down , remove the rubber feet and access the 4 screws holding base on, again vac and brush.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, lake_m said:

I know this is an obvious one but have you tried rebooting it by turning the main power off and back on again?

Done that till I’m blue in the face.!!

34 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

If the screen is showing live but push button is not activating possible contamination on push button switch or faulty worn switch.

Coffee grounds tend to escape and fall down onto P/B switch.Remove top burr carrier and carefully vac / brush inside particularly arond switch.

OR turn it upside down , remove the rubber feet and access the 4 screws holding base on, again vac and brush.

Thanks Frank, Going shopping now in a sulk, but will try that later.!

1 minute ago, Gilly said:

Thanks Frank, Going shopping now in a sulk, but will try that later.!

Buy a tin of contact cleaner while you are out ??

If it's anything like my E37 (not an S) it's easiest to access the portafilter switch from the bottom. If you decide to disconnect it for cleaning take careful note of which terminals are connected - there should be two wires going to three terminals on the switch. Usual safety warnings apply...

Ok this is what I’ve found so far.

Retained dark roast grinds (lots)

Wooden dowel; one whole,and suspiciously bits of one???

Long time since I ground any dowels!!

mmmh. I’ll clean and reinstall.

If the switch is still dormant and after my blue funk, I’ll post you all further for advice.

Thanks Gill

72784564-BC82-4E4D-88B8-CE24D24D6ABA.jpeg

D7704C99-027C-44D3-A08A-0B66DD136807.jpeg

If/when you look at the bottom end you should find the portafilter button acts on a long strip of spring steel which then acts on the switch, which is mounted on a plate at the bottom of the grinder that holds all the electronic components. With a bit of luck your problem is that some piece of debris is physically blocking the action of the steel strip and the switch itself is fine.

2 hours ago, Stox said:

If/when you look at the bottom end you should find the portafilter button acts on a long strip of spring steel which then acts on the switch, which is mounted on a plate at the bottom of the grinder that holds all the electronic components. With a bit of luck your problem is that some piece of debris is physically blocking the action of the steel strip and the switch itself is fine.

Thanks I’ll give this a go tomorrow hopefully.