IGNORED

August delivery pre delivery orders

26 minutes ago, Waitforme said:

doesn’t seem fair to me.

I don't think it's fair either, but that's their decision as a business. The same applies if the Niche is exported to the USA or Canada, or wherever. the pricing model is exactly that (£499 + taxes due to customer). The EU is following that exact model. So, one could say that it's also not fair to US customers to be charged £499. It should be charged £415. Again, it's a pricing strategy, and nothing to do with VAT at the point of supply. 

Edited by MediumRoastSteam
  • Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

54 minutes ago, Dave double bean said:

Got one. Don't know whether to sell on eBay for 700 and get the new single dose Eureka of not 

Would you get £700 for it though? I've been watching a few out of curiosity and none have sold in that region. Last one was £527 and it was 3 months old.

25 minutes ago, newdent said:

Would you get £700 for it though? I've been watching a few out of curiosity and none have sold in that region. Last one was £527 and it was 3 months old.

Well I was being flippant, will certainly get 600+, those at less than 600 I think have two pin plugs 

Bought one to wait on the early reviews from the Eureka.

9 minutes ago, Dave double bean said:

Well I was being flippant, will certainly get 600+, those at less than 600 I think have two pin plugs 

Bought one to wait on the early reviews from the Eureka.

The one that just ended for £527 was a UK plug as new condition. It seems the niche doesn't have the same demand it did not long ago.

I think you need to decide if you want 64mm flat burrs or 63mm conical burrs and the difference in taste the two burr types provide as the eureka SD is unlikely to be much different in any other aspect, price included.

6 hours ago, newdent said:

The one that just ended for £527 was a UK plug as new condition. It seems the niche doesn't have the same demand it did not long ago.

I think you need to decide if you want 64mm flat burrs or 63mm conical burrs and the difference in taste the two burr types provide as the eureka SD is unlikely to be much different in any other aspect, price included.

I bought it because it's still on my list to try someday, but the eBay prices are nuts 

16 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

But it isn't. I don't think there's nothing illegal in saying that the final consumer price for UK is £499 and the export price for overseas is £499 - and the customer needs to deal with their local taxes, whatever they are.

There is if they're charging VAT (i.e. quoting and charging a VAT-inclusive price) and not paying it over to HMRC, or if they're charging it on goods that shouldn't be subject to UK VAT. However, it may be that they are leaving it to the buyer to submit the VAT reclaim form for exported goods, just as non-UK residents can do at, say, Heathrow, for goods bought in the UK on which VAT was paid, but that are being taken abroad, like to the US. I sure spent enough time doing that, but I got the VAT back. I would be very surprised if they are acting illegally, but you do need to be very careful around HMRC. They are not an organisation I would want to cross.

• Like 1