IGNORED

August delivery pre delivery orders

7 hours ago, Comical Burr said:

I'll try to get one today. Haven't tried before, so not sure what to expect. How quickly do they sell out? Is it is easy to get on the site, it not loading correctly already...

They tend to sell out in 40 minutes or less....historical information.

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

Posted (edited)

I'm really happy with my  Niche but I think they've been complacent is wracking up production so slowly, leaving people frustrated.. lots of new single dose options now and I wonder if Niche will be punished by the competition as a result?

Edited by GrahamSPhillips
3 minutes ago, GrahamSPhillips said:

I'm really happy with my  Niche but I think they've been complacent is wracking up production so slowly, leaving people frustrated.. lots on new single dose options now and I wonder if Niche will be punished by the competition as a result?

I got a funny feeling they won't be....

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2).gif.e86a9bdd3d8e72977b9f1a858ca5b70d.gif  It's just a game and I beat it.

2 hours ago, Comical Burr said:

Ordered one, no drama. Now the wait.

Glad you managed to order one. I ordered one for the July drop. 

This round still has stock. Wonder if they've increased capacity or of people are holding off buying. 

There seems to be a lot of hype about the DF64 and people drawing comparisons between the two grinders, which is strange to me. Better off comparing the DF64 to the mazzer mini or SJ as they are more closely related in features. 

23 minutes ago, newdent said:

This round still has stock. Wonder if they've increased capacity or of people are holding off buying. 

There seems to be a lot of hype about the DF64 and people drawing comparisons between the two grinders, which is strange to me. Better off comparing the DF64 to the mazzer mini or SJ as they are more closely related in features. 

Only EU stock available now.

I think the price is an important factor for sales to EU. With 25% VAT added on top of the UK price and £80 shipping to Sweden, I could for example get two G-iota grinders instead (costing €399 each) and still have some change to spare. 

Posted (edited)

@JohanR I'd tend to agree with you...although they have not increased their price since they launched.

Edited by DavecUK

1 hour ago, JohanR said:

I think the price is an important factor for sales to EU. With 25% VAT added on top of the UK price and £80 shipping to Sweden, I could for example get two G-iota grinders instead (costing €399 each) and still have some change to spare. 

And all of a sudden, the Niche loses its appeal, sadly. 😔

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

15 hours ago, JohanR said:

Price of £499 displayed on the website includes 20% UK vat already. For shipping to EU they should take vat off and charge EU customers £415 + shipping. Then when it is delivered to EU, courier should collect local VAT, i.e. 25% on £415+£80 shipping, giving total price of £594.

5 hours ago, Comical Burr said:

Price of £499 displayed on the website includes 20% UK vat already. For shipping to EU they should take vat off and charge EU customers £415 + shipping. Then when it is delivered to EU, courier should collect local VAT, i.e. 25% on £415+£80 shipping, giving total price of £594.

you sure about that total? 🤣

2 hours ago, DavecUK said:

you sure about that total? 🤣

Apparently I am out due to the fact that non-UK buyers still have to pay £499 and VAT is not take off for them. So Niche makes £400 from UK buyer and £499 from non-UK buyer. So that would make it £499+£80 delivery pre-VAT (@ 25%) and £772 after VAT if NZ is going out of the UK.

So agreed, for non-UK buyer DF64 is probably better value.

@Comical Burr  - Can't believe the postage to Sweden is so expensive! £80! I actually checked it! To Germany is £22! Is the postage included in the VAT calculation? 

£499 + 25% = 623.75 (add VAT without delivery)

£499 + 25% = £623.75 + £80 = 703.75 (add VAT and then delivery)

(£499 + £80) + 25% = 723.75 (add delivery and then VAT)

I'm struggling to understand where you got the £772 figure from. 

I'm sure there will be some sort of import duty too, but you don't mention them in your post.

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

I'd be astonished if UK VAT isn't being deducted for exports. For a start, it'd be illegal. All any business does re: VAT is act as an unpaid tax collector for HMRC. Any VAT they charge gets netted off against any they pay on inputs, and the balance is remitted to HMRC. It gains Niche nothing.

But the exact calculation of the total local cost whe importing (from UK to anywhere else) depends on local laws and regulations, in the destination country.

Importing from non-UK into the UK usually consists of goods + packaging/shipping, etc,  + excise duty (if any) + import duty (which can vary HUGELY by goods type). Then, apply VAT at relevant rate to that total. And in addition, if a courier is doing any administration/collection, they can then add a charge on top of that.

Generally, it means you can get a ball-park estimate, but the exporter cannot usually give a total figure because they'd need a detailed understanding of regs/laws in every destination country, and they vary hugely. Lots, for example, have varying forms of sales tax, but not VAT. The USA would be one such example.

So in short, I'd expect that £499 to be reduced to £415.83, but then the costs of packaging, shipping etc to be added. If the destination country's taxes work as the UK dies, add the various import duties/taxes to that landed value, then VAT to the total. Import duty here depends on the goods classification, and can be anything from 0% to huge, depending on that. Last time I looked the number of possible codes was in the tens of thousands. It's not a trivial exercise for the novice to get that right.

You may also notice, if importing into the UK, the double-taxation. You pay import duty on the goods value, but then VAT on the goods value and the import duty, i.e. you pay VAT on the import duty. Double-bubble for the government, which in my opinion at least, is f'ing cheeky.

11 minutes ago, CoffeePhilE said:

o in short, I'd expect that £499 to be reduced to £415.83

But it isn't. I don't think there's nothing illegal in saying that the final consumer price for UK is £499 and the export price for overseas is £499 - and the customer needs to deal with their local taxes, whatever they are.

58 minutes ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

But it isn't. I don't think there's nothing illegal in saying that the final consumer price for UK is £499 and the export price for overseas is £499 - and the customer needs to deal with their local taxes, whatever they are.

But , post Brexit European customers are having to pay UK vat and their own country vat, doesn’t seem fair to me.

May not be anything illegal in it but it appears to be costing Niche sales. 
At the end of the day , Niche get £415 for each grinder they sell in the UK, after handing the vat part over to HMRC, if they sold the Euro ones for £415, no vat due to HMRC, then jobs a good un, more sales and no loss in revenue.

Above is as my understanding, happy to be corrected.