IGNORED

Modifying Pro600 - plumbed, rotary pump

Learned friends - for likely reasons of curiosity more than practicality I am considering a mod and upgrade to my 600. Swapping the vibe pump for a Pro 700 spec rotary (pump external to machine) and then plumbing it through a filter. 
Many might ask why not trade for the 700. I guess the answer in my head is it being a little more cost effective, staying smaller in chassis space (not sure how much actually)… being quieter with pump remote within the kitchen cupboard, and probably because it is a project.

reviewing the spares manuals and reading others than have done this to different machines it isn’t ultra complex, but expect there are some niggles to iron out. 

Thoughts? Total waste of time? Major blockers on changing the pump types? 

let the abuse begin.. 😆

57 minutes ago, M5Sime said:

Learned friends - for likely reasons of curiosity more than practicality I am considering a mod and upgrade to my 600. Swapping the vibe pump for a Pro 700 spec rotary (pump external to machine) and then plumbing it through a filter. 
Many might ask why not trade for the 700. I guess the answer in my head is it being a little more cost effective, staying smaller in chassis space (not sure how much actually)… being quieter with pump remote within the kitchen cupboard, and probably because it is a project.

reviewing the spares manuals and reading others than have done this to different machines it isn’t ultra complex, but expect there are some niggles to iron out. 

Thoughts? Total waste of time? Major blockers on changing the pump types? 

let the abuse begin.. 😆

check this:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group