IGNORED

Modded Gaggia Classic Pro 2019

Hello everyone,

Looking for a rough valuation of a 2 month old Gaggia Classic Pro 2019 model, with the Mr Shapes PID kit and OPV kit installed. Also with additional bottomless portafilter with the stock one. Attached photo below. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

On ebay they go for ridiculous prices particularly with the PID Kit having been fitted already. I've seen them, on a good day,  go above £350 but below £450. It all down to who wants one that badly on the day. I would just say from experience though if you plan to use a courier don't.  If you really have to it will need to be be wrapped in titanium to stop the inevitable damage that seems to happen to these machines in the post. I've received two that I purchased, one with the internals hanging out where it had been dropped and the second also with internal damage and steam wand damage. If this wasn't a message for not to get one I don't know what was and I've given up the hunt for one but valuable lesson learnt about receiving items in the post. I would always go to collect now as internal damage isn't always obvious.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Irisco said:

On ebay they go for ridiculous prices particularly with the PID Kit having been fitted already. I've seen them, on a good day,  go above £350 but below £450. It all down to who wants one that badly on the day. I would just say from experience though if you plan to use a courier don't.  If you really have to it will need to be be wrapped in titanium to stop the inevitable damage that seems to happen to these machines in the post. I've received two that I purchased, one with the internals hanging out where it had been dropped and the second also with internal damage and steam wand damage. If this wasn't a message for not to get one I don't know what was and I've given up the hunt for one but valuable lesson learnt about receiving items in the post. I would always go to collect now as internal damage isn't always obvious.

Thanks for the in-depth answer its much appreciated.

I’m not actually looking to buy, its my own machine. Planning on buying a new machine in the coming month and was looking for a rough estimate on much to list it for.  

Sorry , I was rambling a bit. What I was trying to say was when you do decide to sell then it’s far safer to have the seller collect it than to offer any postage option. With regards to price, again whether there is someone out there looking for one at that time. People don’t seem to get their full investment back from doing the PID kit when selling it but again  I may be wrong (there’s a ceiling to the price you get for them however much money you spend modding them as beyond this people might as well get a more capable machine)I don’t think the average Joe on eBay would be aware of the benefits of the PID kit & aesthetically it’s not the most attractive thing. If it were mine I would be happy to get £350 , people do pay more for the 2002 - 2006 models. I’m sure someone will correct me if they think I’m wrong. Good luck with your sale.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Irisco said:

Sorry , I was rambling a bit. What I was trying to say was when you do decide to sell then it’s far safer to have the seller collect it than to offer any postage option. With regards to price, again whether there is someone out there looking for one at that time. People don’t seem to get their full investment back from doing the PID kit when selling it but again  I may be wrong (there’s a ceiling to the price you get for them however much money you spend modding them as beyond this people might as well get a more capable machine)I don’t think the average Joe on eBay would be aware of the benefits of the PID kit & aesthetically it’s not the most attractive thing. If it were mine I would be happy to get £350 , people do pay more for the 2002 - 2006 models. I’m sure someone will correct me if they think I’m wrong. Good luck with your sale.

Not at all, I appreciate your input. Thank you