Coffee Forums banner

Increasing steam pressure on Mara PL62

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  DavecUK 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi guys.

How would I go about changing the steam on my Mara PL62 (not the Mira X)

I have a very similar issue on this unit similar to the current Mara X steam train, whereby every now again the temperature rises and the safety valve pops, the Pump kicks in while all the valves are closed and if you open the brew valve there is very little water comes out and certainly not under the pressure you would expect going on what the pressure gauge is suggesting.

A by product of all this, is if you catch the machine just right, you get a bit more pressure for steaming milk and it make all the difference.

Is there a way to adjust this so I can get micro foam on every cup?

Thanks

Pete

#2 ·
Hi guys.

How would I go about changing the steam on my Mira PL62 (not the Mira X)

I have a very similar issue on this unit similar to the current Mira X steam train, whereby every now again the temperature rises and the safety valve pops, the Pump kicks in while all the valves are closed and if you open the brew valve there is very little water comes out and certainly not under the pressure you would expect going on what the pressure gauge is suggesting.

A by product of all this, is if you catch the machine just right, you get a bit more pressure for steaming milk and it make all the difference.

Is there a way to adjust this so I can get micro foam on every cup?

Thanks

Pete
The steam pressure is not adjustable, but if it's rising occasionally, you can try a new temp sensor to see if that fixes it...could it be limescale...hows your water?

If cleaning/replacing the temp sensor doesn't work, then the Gicar box might need replacing.

#4 ·
The steam pressure is not adjustable, but if it's rising occasionally, you can try a new temp sensor to see if that fixes it...could it be limescale...hows your water?

If cleaning/replacing the temp sensor doesn't work, then the Gicar box might need replacing.
We don't have limescale, born and bread in Yorkshire, I think it's as soft as it comes.

#5 ·
😆 Spelling not my strong point, I thought it looked wrong but then again it looked right.
It's a good job I didn't have ago at the brand as I keep naming it after a genial sanitary product.

I'll update the spelling, not through embarrassment but so if anyone searches!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.